Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What SG1 technologies would you want shown in Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give Ronon a Sodan carbine staff, sit back and watch him kick Wraith butt.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      I'd vote for Merlin's phasing technology. Atlantis is the most important thing humanity has [apart from all the Asgard cool beams of pwnage] and they should be able to do more than just cloak or shield it.
      I agree that would be cool, and useful instead of the cloak. To bad that tech was created after Merlin/Moros fled Atlantis back to the MW. To me, that is way more useful than the cloaking tech.

: Green is Good.
      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
        I agree that would be cool, and useful instead of the cloak. To bad that tech was created after Merlin/Moros fled Atlantis back to the MW. To me, that is way more useful than the cloaking tech.
        Yeah, because the phasing technology can be activated while the shield is on thus not leaving Atlantis exposed. Though the downside is the amount of power it would require.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
          The transporters in Atlantis use the same technology as the rings (stated in 'Hide and Seek') and make a similar sound.
          It's still note quite the same cinematically as seeing the rings come down, though. Rings have an instant connection to the established Ancient tech in SG-1.

Originally posted by pigletpie View Post
          good idea but the tel'tak's hyperdrive is not as good as the asguard hyperdrive that the 304's have, tal'tek kan uasualy go at about 2 times the speed of light, but for short distances they yould be great!!
          The idea is to use them for short distances. Come to think of it, a captured Al'kesh or two might be faster and better (they seem to have better range in SG-1, being able to accompany Anubis' fleet to Earth).

Comment

Originally posted by blackcat124gt View Post
            Yeah, because the phasing technology can be activated while the shield is on thus not leaving Atlantis exposed. Though the downside is the amount of power it would require.
            The phasing cloak cuts out the need for shields since all attacks just pass right through, and you're invisible!
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Personoly id like to see at least one zat on Atlantis i mean come on their perfect for security and on off world missions. Besides its alot better than those whimpy Wraith stunners.

Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

I would like to see the Atlantis teams wearing the Anubis Super Soldier Armour that Dr. Jackson was wearing on Prometheus Unbound off world as it would be good for withstanding whatever the Wraith or Genii could throw at them.
                LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
                Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
                99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

I've never understood why neither the SGC or the Jaffa never used the weapons of the Kull warriors. They fire fast and do good damage. I think they would prove useful against the wraith.

Comment

The Tel'tak idea is a good one. They sometimes use jumpers to get to close systems that have no gates and it takes them about 10-15 hours. Hyperdrive will really cut on the travel time.

I would like to see Sam with a ribon device, taking down a group of Wraith.

And the phase shifting device would definitely guarantee safety for Atlantis.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                      The Tel'tak idea is a good one. They sometimes use jumpers to get to close systems that have no gates and it takes them about 10-15 hours. Hyperdrive will really cut on the travel time.

I would like to see Sam with a ribon device, taking down a group of Wraith.

And the phase shifting device would definitely guarantee safety for Atlantis.
                      plus on Merlin's phase-shifting device. However, I'd rather them give the Puddle jumpers a working hyperdrive, rather than bring in Goauld technology. Also, I'd like to see the atlantis expedition get their hands on the traveler's weapons. They are just as effective as the zats. even more effective. They have separate kill and stun settings. Zats do not. so if the zat doesn't stun the first time, you really don't get a second chance to stun the enemy, if you want a live prisoner. Also, the zats are Goauld technology.
                      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I'd definitely like to see Zats on SGA. At least every now and then.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Yeah, I know.

I guess it's easier to use SG1-technology, requires less creativity. It's easier.
                          Easier? Then why DON'T they? They use amazingly little of the SG-1 tech. It makes no sense to me that the Ancients would develop something as useful and reliable as the Rings and TOTALLY stop production of it when they change to a new galaxy.

Comment

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you could transport from one of the teleporters in Atlantis to a ring platform.

Anyways I would like to see ummm.....Zats I guess.

Comment

no zats

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                                Easier? Then why DON'T they? They use amazingly little of the SG-1 tech. It makes no sense to me that the Ancients would develop something as useful and reliable as the Rings and TOTALLY stop production of it when they change to a new galaxy.
                                This is exactly what I'm trying to get at: from an in-universe point of view, there should be technological continuity between the two shows to a much greater extent than there is now.

There should be new technology, sure, but when it makes sense for existing technology to be seen, it should be. Rings is one example. The Ancients used them up from before the time they split with the Ori (Ori rings are compatible with Ancient ones) until they all ascended (Merlin's facility on Earth, presumably built after he returned from Atlantis - remember, he only became Merlin after he came back from Atlantis - used them; this indicates that it's still the latest in Ancient matter stream transport technology).

I didn't notice this bit from before:

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                For frak's sake, we're in the city of the Ancients!! Lots of technology waiting to discover ... NEW technology!!!

But no the more SG1-relics, the better ...
                                Learn to read the first post properly before replying. I said which technologies make sense from an in-universe POV, not out of universe story-telling reasons such as "keeping the shows separate" or "keeping the stories interesting". In-universe POV treats the SG universe as reality and it's absurd not to have technological continuity. When the Europeans colonized North America, they didn't get rid of the most useful Old World technologies. A story teller focusing on colonization might choose to focus on new technologies invented in North America and never show Old World technology. But that doesn't actually make sense in reality. It's like saying that wagons didn't have wheels in America and used something else to roll around.

Comment

Working...
                                X