Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need the ZPM they don't. You got respect the spiritual value of it. Why not just ask that Ascended woman to speak to the Brotherhood. The Ascended woman that is forced to stay on that planet and protect it for all time. She is ancient.
    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
      We need the ZPM they don't. You got respect the spiritual value of it. Why not just ask that Ascended woman to speak to the Brotherhood. The Ascended woman that is forced to stay on that planet and protect it for all time. She is ancient.
      After all, Chaya/Athar left Proculas for much less sound reasons the last time and stayed in Atlantis a day or so. She'd only need to go to Dagan for a few hours at most. Her glowing ascended form would quickly awe those people. I highly doubt the Wraith would attack Proculas while she was gone.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Thats not very ethicial
        who cares? Better be alive than dead
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          The Daganians aren't in much of a position to kill us. We can take the ZPM from them without eliminating their gate.

Comment

Get someone to pose as an Ancient and retrieve the device. You could have the "Ancient" beam down (demonstrating magical abilities) or use Asgard hologram technology to create an ascended form. It's time that Earth follow in the foot steps of the Goa'uld and pose as false gods.

Comment

Cowardice?

Comment

Originally posted by 1138 View Post
                Get someone to pose as an Ancient and retrieve the device. You could have the "Ancient" beam down (demonstrating magical abilities) or use Asgard hologram technology to create an ascended form. It's time that Earth follow in the foot steps of the Goa'uld and pose as false gods.
                lol That would actually make a really great episode...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  Cowardice?
                  Being the heroes tend to get difficult at times. In fiction heroes take the high road and ussually wins but in real life I am sorry to say certain evils are committed maybe even necessary. Stargate recognizes this fact:

The Other Side. SG1 let that guy hit the Iris.
                  Unnatural Selection. SG1 had to betray Fifth to stop the replicators.
                  Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by ashman2 View Post
                    I think a better idea, which would be slightly more ethical would be to beam up the full one, and replace it with one of the many empty ones we've got. It's not like they plug it in to anything so surely they would have no way of knowing whether it is full or not.
                    I like that idea, sneaky, but they still have what they "worship" a ZPM, just an inactive one. and now that we know the wraith use ZPMs to power their cloning facilities, I think we need to switch the brotherhood's incase the wraith come looking for it!

Comment

Being the heroes tend to get difficult at times. In fiction heroes take the high road and ussually wins but in real life I am sorry to say certain evils are committed maybe even necessary. Stargate recognizes this fact:
                      so you believe stealing their ZPM is a necessary evil?

how hypocritical

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                        so you believe stealing their ZPM is a necessary evil?

how hypocritical
                        My option was to get Chaya to speak to the brotherhood on our behalf. We offer to let take them and their people to the Milky Way. It is the closest way their prophecy can be fulfilled. An Ancient came back to get it. The Brotherhood gets to live in a world beyond the reach of the Wraith.

I am merely speaking facts of life. Desperation can lead one to throw morality out the window. I would like to believe otherwise but it is the way things are.
                        However like a church elder said to me before: just because these are the way things are doesn't mean they are the way things should be.

No matter what we do to get their ZPM there will be deception involved. they believe the Ancients will come back to get it and reward them. Even my option has deception involved. If I were to claim otherwise that would be hypocritical. Unless their prophecy actually comes to pass.
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Cowardice?
                          look, they aren't using that device. Why should they have it? They don't need it
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

My option was to get Chaya to speak to the brotherhood on our behalf. We offer to let take them and their people to the Milky Way. It is the closest way their prophecy can be fulfilled. An Ancient came back to get it. The Brotherhood gets to live in a world beyond the reach of the Wraith.
                            that sounds acceptable
                            I am merely speaking facts of life. Desperation can lead one to throw morality out the window. I would like to believe otherwise but it is the way things are.
                            However like a church elder said to me before: just because these are the way things are doesn't mean they are the way things should be.
                            yep. and thats where the end justifying the means argument comes up.
                            is it right to do wrong in order to do good ?
                            in this case stealing their ZPM would imply a judgment that Atlantis having a ZPM is a better "good" than the brotherhood worshiping it.
                            but if you have to do "evil" in order to achieve that good, that would make that judgment hypocritical.
                            No matter what we do to get their ZPM there will be deception involved. they believe the Ancients will come back to get it and reward them. Even my option has deception involved. If I were to claim otherwise that would be hypocritical. Unless their prophecy actually comes to pass.
                            which it might.
                            look, they aren't using that device. Why should they have it? They don't need it
                            hey, I don't use my old pair of shoes, doesn't mean that you can have them!

besides, they are using it, they worship it.
                            imagine if someone wanted to swipe the holy grail because its gemstone could be used as a supercomputer. would that be fair ?

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
                              Or even better, find whatever planet those imbeciles took the ZPM to, lock onto its power signature, beam it aboard one of our ship and then destroy their stargate from orbit so that we never have to deal with them again.
                              I like your thinking.

Its about time Atlantis got more than one zpm anyway, its going into the fifth season. We need more ancient tech, etc. This would make the show more interesting when they have rubbish story lines

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                                that sounds acceptable
                                Yes, having Chaya convince them is a good idea.

yep. and thats where the end justifying the means argument comes up.
                                is it right to do wrong in order to do good ?
                                in this case stealing their ZPM would imply a judgment that Atlantis having a ZPM is a better "good" than the brotherhood worshiping it.
                                but if you have to do "evil" in order to achieve that good, that would make that judgment hypocritical.
                                Taking the ZPM from them would be neither stealing nor evil. The Ancients gave it to them to safeguard it for future use in the battle with the Wraith. By locking it in a cave somewhere instead of letting the Ancients' direct descendents use it to save lives, the Daganians are failing to live up to their compact.

besides, they are using it, they worship it.
                                They've put it somewhere and don't see it.

imagine if someone wanted to swipe the holy grail because its gemstone could be used as a supercomputer. would that be fair ?
                                Yes. That would be an admirable use for the grail, and a demonstration of its special-ness. The grail is nowhere to found, however. People just look at pictures of it, much as with the ZPM.

Comment

Working...
                                X