Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off. They will get bigger budget, so I hope they can spend more money to CGI worlds, aliens and ships.

I tried to rate on a scale, how money CGI they used in season 5 :

Search and Rescue - 8/10
    The Seed - 5/10
    Broken Ties - 3/10
    The Daedalus Variatons - 9/10
    Ghost In The Machine - 5/10
    The Shrine - 5/10
    Whispers - 1/10
    The Queen - 8/10
    Tracker - 2/10
    First Contact - 10/10

There was a trend in SG-1 that two smaller episode followed the CGI heavy and very expensive episodes. Earlier they made some "bottle episode" to get enough money to have an awesome season finale. It seems Atlantis became more balanced in the view of CGI perspective and almost every episode had some scenes, at least a picture about the planet with houses etc.

But the evolution of CGI scenes isn't finished, so I think they can make easier and easier everything in the next year and maybe only their fantasy will be the limit.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

First Contact = Amazing!

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
      I hope Universe will be as good as S5.
      Even if it is I won't be watching it.
      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

"First Contact", excellent.

New high tech, tough no-nonsense enemy, great. Investigating a lost advanced civilisation, great. Actively searching for mysterious technology, great. Encountering great peril in the process, great. Causing EPIC peril, great.

Opening a hyperspace window for only the second time in SG1+SGA history, geeky.

Dr Jackson, great.

Dr McKay barely able to hide his jealousy/competitiveness, gold

Cannot wait for the "Lost Tribe". Pre-emptive, but these two eps ARE the rejuvenation of the SGA adventure/story.

BRING IT.

Comment

First contact
          Spoiler:
          I really liked this ep....The only downside for me though was we had to wait about 20 minutes before Teyla came into it but I'm so glad she was in the ep for a change

Can we keep Daniel instead of McKay please He was great and he hasn't lost any of his humour...And as always I loved Woolsey...I admit i was on the fence when I first heard he was gonna be taking over but he has been nothing short of brilliant in every scene i've seen him in...

Good to see also Teyla and John fighting side by side again...I've missed that...And Zelkena's back Wish Lorne was here though
          Who's the woman that was in the control room with Chuck..I like her..

Loved the new bad guys too....Pretty cool...Todd's always great, I kinda felt sorry for him

And the scene in the control room with the gate...John telling Teyla to go and her being reluctant but went anyway...Makes his job easier if he thinks she's safe anyway...One less thing to worry about and he can consentrate on the job at hand instead of worrying about Teyla....Even though she can take care of herself

So all in all i liked this ep....

So when's the next part on?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
            this was great episode. After four years of waiting, this is episode I loved.Speechless bad guys with style, Daniel and Rodney, no Teyla, exploration of the Alteran history, wraith, Todd
            Ok who are you and what have you done with g.o.d.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Ok who are you and what have you done with g.o.d.
              believe it or not, I loved this episode...sadly, after four years of waiting. I'll pro when 511 will air but after that, goodbye
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                believe it or not, I loved this episode...sadly, after four years of waiting. I'll pro when 511 will air but after that, goodbye
                `You never know
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I think this season has done well despite being the last. But, I think they should and should HAVE made some more episodes focusing more on the Stargate. That's how SG-1 did with some of their episodes like A MATTER OF TIME, 1969, WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY, WATERGATE, SOLITUDES, TOUCHSTONE, REDEMPTION I & II, 48 HOURS, and RECKONING I & II. Although ATLANTIS hasn't shown the Stargate very much in most of its episodes, I think it's done a beautiful job during its five years on the air. I look forward to seeing the new ATLANTIS movie and would love to see what is in store.

Comment

Did you guys see this...

MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS FOR "THE LOST TRIBE"

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...tis-12451.html

sigpic

Comment

I wasn't too surpisied but awesome none the less.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I wasn't too surpisied but awesome none the less.
                        Spoiler:
                        Daniel looked very surprised! Man, I love this show, Curse MGM for cancelling it to make room for SGU!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          `You never know
                          I know
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Did you guys see this...

MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS FOR "THE LOST TRIBE"

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...tis-12451.html

Watching the ep I was thinking to myself,
                            Spoiler:
                            These warriors are advanced enough to be Asgard, now I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
                              Watching the ep I was thinking to myself,
                              Spoiler:
                              These warriors are advanced enough to be Asgard, now I know.
                              Dude, Atlantis just keeps getting better and better. That is all I could say, I think next week's ep could be the best episode of the series if everything goes according to plan.
                              sigpic

Comment

Dude, Atlantis just keeps getting better and better. That is all I could say, I think next week's ep could be the best episode of the series if everything goes according to plan.
                                I have no doubts about that, 'First Contact' really built the mid season big.

Comment

Working...
                                X