This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    May I have your attention. Teyla is one who should kill Micheal. That is all
    I agree, but Carson has been through a lot also. He was forced to help Michael with his work and watch innocent people die. But I agree either of them should be the ones to finally put Michael to rest.
    sigpic

Comment

There are people who will always find something to complain about.

They claim they want certain things and then when they get them, claim that they wanted them differently.

There's no pleasing some.

Personally? SGA is what TPTB make it and I come back every week to see what new things they've come up to entertain me with. It may be a SG-1 episode redux, but everything is a redux of something these days. I'm interested in seeing how these particular PTB do things. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

If I hated it all enough to moan and groan continuously, I'd just stop watching. I don't watch TV to get pissed off. Unless I watch the news, but that's just reality. Sci-fi helps me escape that for few hours a week.

Okay.....that was a rant......sorry.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post

They claim they want certain things and then when they get them, claim that they wanted them differently.

Personally? SGA is what TPTB make it and I come back every week to see what new things they've come up to entertain me with. It may be a SG-1 episode redux, but everything is a redux of something these days. I'm interested in seeing how these particular PTB do things. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

If I hated it all enough to moan and groan continuously, I'd just stop watching. I don't watch TV to get pissed off. Unless I watch the news, but that's just reality. Sci-fi helps me escape that for few hours a week.

See, I don't mind an SG-1 redux episode if SGA can make it their own with their own characters. They have done that very well, imo.

Myself I really don't complain, except when my favorite show is being cancelled. I look for the good bits of an episode and try not to be too negative. Whispers was a decent episode to me for what it was. Could if be better? Hell yes.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Spoiler:
          We will be getting a Sheppard and Kolya showdown.
          Spoiler:
          Well it can't be very conclusive if it's all a hallucination.

That would be so cliche though. Someone like Todd would be much better for that role, though I don't see it happening since the protagonists always do everything themselves in Stargate.

See, I don't mind an SG-1 redux episode if SGA can make it their own with their own characters. They have done that very well, imo.

Doppelganger was a great example of this.

Comment

I could not resist...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...25#post8973725

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post

One of the really annoying things about all the complaining about "rehashes" is that some of the best episodes were a recycling of old ideas. For instance, you'll notice that my current avatar and sig are very Foothold themed. If the writer of that episode had thought "Wait, this is sort of like Invasion of the Body Snatchers" that episode never would have existed, and season 3 of SG-1 would have been one great episode short (IMHO).

Comment

Anyway, off to bed, night guys and girls.
                sigpic

Comment

Anyway, off to bed, night guys and girls.
                  'Night.

Comment

Also wanted to add that "Whispers" will sadly go into the books as another "Irr" episode.

Also, hope this doesn't get me in trouble. People complain that SGA can be repetitive with using SG-1 concepts. Well with Whispers they did something totally different and people still complained about how different it was, lol. I mean come on already.
                    I thought 'Whispers' was a really solid episode, don't know about you guys.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Knowing SciFi, the exploding tower came from the Return
                      Well, the explosion seemed, from the outside, to have destroyed A LOT, but a few eps later (The Prodigal) we know it'll be standing like before, again, so... Nothing much will have happened. I mean, this could be an opportunity to even cut Atlantis off from Earth again, by having that crystal explode...

Beckett had a lot of development over the past several seasons. He brought a lot of compassion and caring to Atlantis.
                      Yes, especially for Michael...

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
                      I would like to see another Carson, Michael showdown, I think that would be fitting after everything he's been through.

*Lets her claws jump out of her paws*

And I'm the one who'll get Jelgate...

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                      That would be so cliche though. Someone like Todd would be much better for that role, though I don't see it happening since the protagonists always do everything themselves in Stargate.
                      I agree that Todd should get some playing time with Michael. And heck, bring in Queen!Teyla too, once you're at it.

A joint Lantean/Wraith attack to stop Michael would be nice. It's something that they never could do in The Last Man, as Woolsey was an a$$ and Todd, their Wraith link, was killed.

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                      I thought 'Whispers' was a really solid episode, don't know about you guys.
                      I've only seen it once, but I didn't get scary, and it should have been a scary episode...

Spoiler:
                      When they show someone out open in the fog, of course the monsters are gonna be there. Only like once they weren't.

When someone's waiting in a building, of course some bott is gonna mess things up, and alert the aliens of their presence...

Very predictable. Vengeance was better, for me.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post

*Lets her claws jump out of her paws*

*Clips Spikey's claws*

And I'm the one who'll get Jelgate...
                        *Starts the Spikey / Jelgate ship*

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
                          *Starts the Spikey / Jelgate ship*
                          That's mean

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                            That's mean
                            To who Spikey or Jelgate?

Comment

To me!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

To me!
                                LOL well you said you were going to get him.

Comment

Working...
                                X