This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    I think we can call season 5 the best season of Atlantis. The stand alones were simply amazing, so I can't wait for the bigger mid season two parter. Somehow they could grab the expectations of their fans.

And you know, what would be funny? If the rating could rise for 1,4-1,6. I know MGM won't change its mind about Atlantis, but this could be a sign that they made a terrible mistake.
    I was under the impression they made a terrible mistake the more similarities I read in Gateworld news reports between SGU and Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
      Oh, well in that case I can live with 8.88 movies equaling 1 season.
      Heck, I'd be be happy with an 13 episodes a season... Doctor Who, Torchwood, Eureka, and The Dresden Files worked well enough with that number of episodes...

So we all in agreement? Minimum 5 movies a year, or we storm MGM?

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
      I was under the impression they made a terrible mistake the more similarities I read in Gateworld news reports between SGU and Battlestar Galactica.
      DUR... BSG is the only Sci Fi talked about in mainstream media nowadays, it has to be good! They talk about it on CNN! You don't hear Eureka talked about on CNN do you? Oh, you know what else they talk about on CNN? Desperate Housewives! I SMELL A THIRD SPINOFF!!!

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
      Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
        I don't think it's gonna fully sink in for a lot of fans (myself included) until we get to the end. That's what happened for me when SG-1 ended.
        Yeah that's probably what will happen.

Comment

I'd say minimum 6 of SGA... That's still one 'ep' every two months! Or one every month, have it your way.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
            I'd say minimum 6 of SGA... That's still one 'ep' every two months! Or one every month, have it your way.
            Eh, we still have SG-1 to fill in the blank spaces, right?

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
            Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
              Heck, I'd be be happy with an 13 episodes a season... Doctor Who, Torchwood, Eureka, and The Dresden Files worked well enough with that number of episodes...
              Same here.

So we all in agreement? Minimum 4 movies a year, or we storm MGM?
              Count me in.

Comment

DUR... BSG is the only Sci Fi talked about in mainstream media nowadays, it has to be good! They talk about it on CNN! You don't hear Eureka talked about on CNN do you? Oh, you know what else they talk about on CNN? Desperate Housewives! I SMELL A THIRD SPINOFF!!!
                Well okay that's great if the mainstream likes it. Hope they enjoy SGU because obviously we need a cheap show with lots of people watching to revitalize the franchise.

Comment

I would be happy, if they could order 4 Atlantis movie next year. But I know it won't happen.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    I would be happy, if they could order 4 Atlantis movie next year. But I know it won't happen.
                    Yeah that would be great, hopefully the first movie will do well enough to convince SCI FI/MGM to make many more.

Comment

Quite frankly, you'll be lucky to get 3 SG movies a year
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

3 or even 4 movies per year? I doubt that. I think one SG-1 and one SGA movie per year, but 4?
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Quite frankly, you'll be lucky to get 3 SG movies a year
                          I know, and as time goes by the chances of the cast becoming unavailable goes up.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          3 or even 4 movies per year? I doubt that. I think one SG-1 and one SGA movie per year, but 4?
                          Unfortunately that's probably how it's going to end up.

Comment

I also have my doubts about that 'many, many movies to follow' for SGA...

Like you said, 1 SG-1 movie, hopefully 2 SGA's...

But of course, if they money turns out to be good, MGM might poke M&M harder to write more movies...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

We'll probably get an SG1 movie and then an SGA movie. And I'll pray every SGA movie kills Lorne just to anger Linda
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                We'll probably get an SG1 movie and then an SGA movie. And I'll pray every SGA movie kills Lorne just to anger Linda
                                HEY

Do you really want an angry Scot on the loose!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X