This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I still watch Season one eps, and I don't miss him at all.
    Neither do I, but it would have been nice to have some closure to Ford and know whether he is dead or still around somewhere... From the way things are it's best just to think of his as dead I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
      But you caught the funny side of it
      Yup,the penny finally dropped
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        I'm sure Joe's gotten used to it by now
        Yeah though I'm sure it doesn't make it any easier for him though.

hey Mitch
        Spoiler:
        I found some of the posts I was referring to but they're in an anti thread and it's couple of pages long. do you still want to read it?
        Yeah actually.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Either way it means little to me now, TH has moved on and so have I. S4 proved that Weir was not vital to the experdition and I accepted a reduced leadership role with Carter in that position, In some ways I actually prefer how Carter (as leader) was compared to Weir (written into role, not character).
          Agreed. Season 4 proved that the show is as good as it ever has been with or without Weir.

I really like that scene ...And I agree, either way it doesn't matter now though. Torri's gone, Weir will be written out of the show and the character will fade into SGA history... The situation could have ended better but I don't think anything wil make a difference now, best not to dwell on it.
          Agreed however it is important to remember that was their intent things just didn't turn out that way.

I'm glad that we'll still get some closure for the character and story arc in 'Ghost in the Machine'...
          Same here.

Comment

So Do I!

It's funny about you and Jumper_one. You don't care for Carson but like Weir, and he likes Carson and doesn't care for Weir.

Me, I like everyone except for Ford. He sucked.
            I sorta feel the same as you. I loved Carson and as for Weir I did grow to like her. I'm rewatching Seige II right now and that is one of the best eps that shows her in her best form. She was a good character and as much as I do like her it is tough to like a character when I have lost all respect for the actor.

Comment

I'm going to be giving this thread a wide birth for a while because I loved and miss Weir and I have the upmost respect for Torri. I'm very saddened by the way you are talking about her but I don't want to start an argument so as I said I'll let this blow over before I come back.

I like chatting with you all so I'll be back soon
              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                I'm going to be giving this thread a wide birth for a while because I loved and miss Weir and I have the upmost respect for Torri. I'm very saddened by the way you are talking about her but I don't want to start an argument so as I said I'll let this blow over before I come back.

We are not talking bad about her at all. A lot of us are just "saddened" that she will not return to her role one last time to give her character a proper send off. The producers said they were willing to work with her in that aspect. The other threads on this forum will likely be bashing Joe M and company.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  Agreed however it is important to remember that was their intent things just didn't turn out that way.
                  Yup

I'm sorry if anything I've said looked like it was anti Weir... Like I said in a previous post, I've moved on from this and accepted what happened with Weir and with TH... She had her reasons for not coming back for S5 and I repect that

Comment

All I remember from the JS/TH thing is 'Huh? Wasn't Weir a blond?!?'

Memory of a fish, yes, definitely since I've only seen the eps once. But I got the DVD's so let's double that, right?

Watched 'Progeny', 'The Real World', 'The Enemy Within', 'Emancipation', 'The Broca Divide', and 'The First Commandment' today.

Not bad, huh?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post

When I first saw 'New Order' I couldn't understand why the character was recast, I later found out it was due to the spin-of SGA and JS turning down the job.

Memory of a fish, yes, definitely since I've only seen the eps once. But I got the DVD's so let's double that, right?

Watched 'Progeny', 'The Real World', 'The Enemy Within', 'Emancipation', 'The Broca Divide', and 'The First Commandment' today.

Not bad, huh?
                      Yup not bad...

Comment

I'm glad that we'll still get some closure for the character and story arc in 'Ghost in the Machine'...
                        yup me too

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        Um ok,i feel like a right numpty....Um who's Jessica?
                        you do? what's up?

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I liked the Atlantis Weir better*runs*
                        me too

So Do I!

It's funny about you and Jumper_one. You don't care for Carson but like Weir, and he likes Carson and doesn't care for Weir.

Me, I like everyone except for Ford. He sucked.
                        LOL it's not that I don't care for Weir. I just didn't liked the idea of a civilian in charge of the Atlantis outpost. also the way she was used got worse imo. TBTB tried to do something in s3 ie TRW but I think it was the right decision to let her go

btw remember The Seer? if a similar situation should arise in s5 would Woolsey have the right to order Shep to fire/hold fire? because technically Shep's the military commander, Woolsey's just another civilian administrator.

Oh right...I get confused easy....well that and the fact i ain't watched the eps in a while and i've got the memory of a fish!
                        ah come on don't be too hard on yourself Chain Reaction is one of my favorite s4 eps!

Oh yeah,now i remember...Didn't she have blonde hair when she was on Stargate!
                        yup here's a pic
                        Spoiler:

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        Yeah actually.
                        I'll PM you

just to be clear: none of us hate Torri or the Weir character we were just discussing Joe's comments

see ya

I'm sorry if anything I've said looked like it was anti Weir... Like I said in a previous post, I've moved on from this and accepted what happened with Weir and with TH... She had her reasons for not coming back for S5 and I repect that

LOL yeah I remember being confused myself

you should definitely rewatch LC it's an amazing two-parter and season finale!

Not bad, huh?
                        yup not bad
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

you do? what's up?

ah come on don't be too hard on yourself Chain Reaction is one of my favorite s4 eps!

yup here's a pic
                          Spoiler:
                          I felt like a numpty because i didn't know what you guys were talking about and i didn't know who Jessica was

Oh now i remember,i liked her!
                          sigpic

Comment

I felt like a numpty because i didn't know what you guys were talking about and i didn't know who Jessica was

Oh now i remember,i liked her!
                            oh sorry I didn't know you didn't know but I'm sure you knew that we didn't know. well now I know Joe posted this on his blog
                            A.A. writes: “Sorry if this is sorta old news, but just read why Torri Higgison declined to participate in season five. This is her answer…[…]”

Answer: As I already mentioned, the last time Torri was on the show late in season four, she seemed genuinely excited at the prospect of the new storyline (and the fact that we hadn’t closed the door on Weir). Based on that reaction, we went ahead and wrote Ghost in the Machine. In the interview cited, Torri states she didn’t want to commit to a guest appearance because “it was very unclear as to what it was going to be, what they’re going to ask you to do, and it was unclear as to if it was going to be a tidying up of her or if it was gonna to continue to be a vague ‘is she here, is she not there.” Surprising given that she did receive a copy of the script. She followed up with a request for some sort of closure for the Weir character. After some discussion, we let her know we would accommodate that request. But, in the end, she decided to pass anyway.
                            Brian was disappointed with Torri's decision to leave even though TBTB offered a way/an ep to finish the character's arc. yeah um... I guess that's it...
                            sigpic

Comment

btw remember The Seer? if a similar situation should arise in s5 would Woolsey have the right to order Shep to fire/hold fire? because technically Shep's the military commander, Woolsey's just another civilian administrator.
                              Woolsey would (And did in 'The Seer') have the authority to command Sheppard, The IOA calls the shots with Atlantis and not the Air Force... Carter was both commander and a Colonel which made it more difficult for Sheppard to disregard her orders (if he had ever felt like it) but I think you're forgetting Carter was 'Commander' of Atlantis, she continued to run the city as a civilian operation, if Atlantis was a military operation then why not assign a Brigadier General of Major General to the position? I think the role would have suited a higher rank...

Comment

Woolsey would (And did in 'The Seer') have the authority to command Sheppard, The IOA calls the shots with Atlantis and not the Air Force... Carter was both commander and a Colonel which made it more difficult for Sheppard to disregard her orders (if he had ever felt like it) but I think you're forgetting Carter was 'Commander' of Atlantis, she continued to run the city as a civilian operation, if Atlantis was a military operation then why not assign a Brigadier General of Major General to the position? I think the role would have suited a higher rank...
                                ok you're right I forgot that Woolsey's with the IOA. as for Sam, she was Shep's CO and as such could order him to fire/hold fire. sure it's still a civilian op but during s1-3 Shep was the military commander while Weir was administrator. in s4 Sam was both military commander (Shep's CO) and administrator. the question is will Woolsey have the authority to order Shep to go on a mission etc? yes he's IOA but he can't be in charge of the military. right? that'd be Shep. man this is confusing

anybody else have some problems with GW?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X