This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    You know Joe M is going to be bashed like crazy right? I think it will get ugly.
    I'm sure Joe's gotten used to it by now

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    Yeah which I really hate to think about just how ugly it will get. I'm really glad I am not him right now.
    hey Mitch
    Spoiler:
    I found some of the posts I was referring to but they're in an anti thread and it's couple of pages long. do you still want to read it?
    Last edited by Jumper_One; 15 May 2008, 06:26 PM.
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Hey that's the first thing i thought off too Um ok on an ep of Doctor who,i think it was eithe last week or the week before and i think someone handed the Doc a gas mask or something and he said "Are you my mummy" to the guy...I about wet myself,but i can't remember what ep it was on!
      LOL, Yeah that was on the episode 'Poison Sky' (Concluding ep of the Sontaran two-part)... It was definatley an amusing scene
      That's jam...Totally different!

Did you guys read this...

Spoiler:
      A.A. writes: “Sorry if this is sorta old news, but just read why Torri Higgison declined to participate in season five. This is her answer…[…]”

Answer: As I already mentioned, the last time Torri was on the show late in season four, she seemed genuinely excited at the prospect of the new storyline (and the fact that we hadn’t closed the door on Weir). Based on that reaction, we went ahead and wrote Ghost in the Machine. In the interview cited, Torri states she didn’t want to commit to a guest appearance because “it was very unclear as to what it was going to be, what they’re going to ask you to do, and it was unclear as to if it was going to be a tidying up of her or if it was gonna to continue to be a vague ‘is she here, is she not there.” Surprising given that she did receive a copy of the script. She followed up with a request for some sort of closure for the Weir character. After some discussion, we let her know we would accommodate that request. But, in the end, she decided to pass anyway.

I have lost all respect for Torri Higginson.

BRING ON SEASON 5, THE BEST FRAKING SEASON EVAH!!!
      Thanks for posting that...

Either way it means little to me now, TH has moved on and so have I. S4 proved that Weir was not vital to the experdition and I accepted a reduced leadership role with Carter in that position, In some ways I actually prefer how Carter (as leader) was compared to Weir (written into role, not character).
      Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      Agreed. I've aid it before and I'll say it again JS was perfect in the part. The way she delivered this line IMO shows that....
      Spoiler:
      KINSEY: (Follows her into her office, slaming the door closed. He's pissed) What the hell was that?

WEIR: I'm sorry?

KINSEY: You don't know O'Neill like I do.

WEIR: (Sighs) This is my call. Colonel O'Neill ...

KINSEY: Is the one who got us into this mess in the first place!

WEIR: I don't see ...

KINSEY: I want him gone ,Doctor. I want them all gone, you haven't figured that out yet?

WEIR: Oh' I figured out quite a bit.

KINSEY: Well hallelujah for that.

WEIR: This is my office, this is my chair. Until someone tells me otherwise, I'm going to make decisions as I see fit. Not as they fit into your agenda. (I really like this lady!)

KINSEY: You have no idea what my agenda is.

WEIR: Whatever your agenda is.

KINSEY: You don't know anything Doctor, and if you think you do, you're not as smart as I thought. (Leaves, she sighs)
      Torri's portrayal of Weir grew on me but I never was a Torri fan.
      I really like that scene ...And I agree, either way it doesn't matter now though. Torri's gone, Weir will be written out of the show and the character will fade into SGA history... The situation could have ended better but I don't think anything wil make a difference now, best not to dwell on it.

I'm glad that we'll still get some closure for the character and story arc in 'Ghost in the Machine'...

Comment

Um ok,i feel like a right numpty....Um who's Jessica?
        sigpic

Comment

Um ok,i feel like a right numpty....Um who's Jessica?
          Jessica Steen - She played Dr Elizabeth Weir in 'Lost City' SG1 S7...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0824763/

Comment

I liked the Atlantis Weir better*runs*
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              LOL

Comment

So Do I!

It's funny about you and Jumper_one. You don't care for Carson but like Weir, and he likes Carson and doesn't care for Weir.

Me, I like everyone except for Ford. He sucked.
                sigpic

Comment

I like everyone except for Ford. He sucked.
                  Yup...

Comment

Me, I like everyone except for Ford. He sucked.
                    Who?
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                      LOL, Yeah that was on the episode 'Poison Sky' (Concluding ep of the Sontaran two-part)... It was definatley an amusing scene
                      Oh yeah,now i remember..I actually laughed out loud at that part!

Either way it means little to me now, TH has moved on and so have I. S4 proved that Weir was not vital to the experdition and I accepted a reduced leadership role with Carter in that position, In some ways I actually prefer how Carter (as leader) was compared to Weir (written into role, not character).
                      I liked Weir but i preferred Carter....I thought Shep was more at ease with Carter than he was with Weir...I though sometimes he was kinda awkward and tense around Weir!

Jessica Steen - She played Dr Elizabeth Weir in 'Lost City' SG1 S7...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0824763/
                      Oh right,is that when Hammond was blackmailed into early retirement?

Who?

You are kidding,right?
                      sigpic

Comment

Thats S4, Chain Reaction
                        You are kidding,right?
                        Maybe
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh yeah,now i remember..I actually laughed out loud at that part!
                          As did I, that was an awsome little mention to a past episode/story...

I liked Weir but i preferred Carter....I thought Shep was more at ease with Carter than he was with Weir...I though sometimes he was kinda awkward and tense around Weir!
                          Yeah I've noticed that... Carter was alot better in the role IMO and she was there as required, I hope Woolsey follows that example.

Nope, 'Lost City' the season 7 finale, Hammond is reassigned and Dr Weir is given control of the SGC...

You are kidding,right?
                          With Jelgate, who knows

Comment

Thats S4, Chain Reaction
                            Oh right...I get confused easy....well that and the fact i ain't watched the eps in a while and i've got the memory of a fish!

As did I, that was an awsome little mention to a past episode/story...
                            Well it actually took a few moments to register

Nope, 'Lost City' the season 7 finale, Hammond is reassigned and Dr Weir is given control of the SGC...
                            Oh yeah,now i remember...Didn't she have blonde hair when she was on Stargate!

With Jelgate, who knows
                            hmmm so very true!
                            sigpic

Comment

Yup...
                              I still watch Season one eps, and I don't miss him at all.

Who?
                              Exactly!
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh right...I get confused easy....well that and the fact i ain't watched the eps in a while and i've got the memory of a fish!
                                LOL

Well it actually took a few moments to register
                                But you caught the funny side of it

Oh yeah,now i remember...Didn't she have blonde hair when she was on Stargate!
                                Yup, I quite liked her version of Weir then in S8 I find that the role was recast to TH, I didn't get used to Torri as Weir until a good few eps into S1 of SGA...

Comment

Working...
                                X