This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    After reading this as have I. Now more than ever I wish Jessica had stayed on board. She really had a good grasp of the character possibly even more so than Torri.

yup, anyway cannot bash an actor/actress so I'll just leave it at that. I am just very angry, and I felt she should of at least did this last ep to close her character for her fans. I am a Weir, take that "was" a Weir fan, I never was a Torri fan. I've never seen her in anything else except for Stargate.

Anyway, According to Joe M who won't lie on his blog since it's used as a news source, said they tried to work with her, but alas she still turned it down.

So now we have the full truth. No excuses. Why she turned it down still remains uncertain and we will never know.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Did you guys read this...

Spoiler:
      A.A. writes: “Sorry if this is sorta old news, but just read why Torri Higgison declined to participate in season five. This is her answer…[…]”

Answer: As I already mentioned, the last time Torri was on the show late in season four, she seemed genuinely excited at the prospect of the new storyline (and the fact that we hadn’t closed the door on Weir). Based on that reaction, we went ahead and wrote Ghost in the Machine. In the interview cited, Torri states she didn’t want to commit to a guest appearance because “it was very unclear as to what it was going to be, what they’re going to ask you to do, and it was unclear as to if it was going to be a tidying up of her or if it was gonna to continue to be a vague ‘is she here, is she not there.” Surprising given that she did receive a copy of the script. She followed up with a request for some sort of closure for the Weir character. After some discussion, we let her know we would accommodate that request. But, in the end, she decided to pass anyway.

I have lost all respect for Torri Higginson.

BRING ON SEASON 5, THE BEST FRAKING SEASON EVAH!!!

I'll probably get redded for this by you know who, but it will be worth it.
      yup I read it (didn't red you ). did you watch B5? because this kinda reminds me of s5 when they replaced Claudia Christian (Ivanova). there had been a lot of rumors why she was fired... you know TBTB said she wanted more money, she said that's BS. a few weeks ago Integrabyte posted this in the B5 section
      Spoiler:
      Response from Claudia Christian, July 20 1997

Dear Folks, Here's my side of the story and I should know because I was there.
      On June 20th, I was called into the B-5 office to find out the fate of the 5th season. With three other cast members present we were told that we could make the fifth season (yeah!). We were then asked to give up the residuals for that season (those are the things that pay the rent since syndication isn't exactly lucrative). Well, nonetheless I said okay-I even volunteered to talk the rest of the cast into it. I had expressed my hesitation in extending my contract renewal because I wanted to get their assurance that in the 5th season I could get at least 4 episodes off to do a film. That was the only thing I was asking for. No raise--accepting a paycut-- simply less episodes, period. Ask yourself this: why would I have done the TNT promos for the 5th season if I did not want to be involved?
      While I was in Europe (I was there for almost a month), I heard about the gossip column in Variety. It is a gossip column, nothing more. I have no idea who planted the gossip and frankly, I didn't think much of it since Hollywood is based on gossip. Because the producers and Joe were in Europe, I assumed negotiations for the 5th season would continue when we all returned. I was told quite curtly that my request for time off had been denied and that Ken Parks from Warner Bros. had told my agent to tell me to "Find another job, we'll replace her." After four years of working for a substantial paycut because I loved the show and the people involved, and felt that I was portraying a character that people really cared about, this hurt me immensely. At that point, I was in shock but I still went to Blackpool thinking that they would come around and give me the time I needed off. I knew Ivanova was in the first episodes. I figured we could sit down with my agent and come to a deal. In Blackpool, I was told by JMS that he would give me the episodes off but I could not get anything in writing. I trust him, however I know that he was not writing all of the episodes for the fifth season so I really felt that I had to have something in writing. I turns out my fears were justified because when my agent spoke to John Copeland (producer) and mentioned Joe's offer to write me out of a few episodes, Mr. Copeland responded by saying "That's not possible. If TNT wants her in every episode then she has to do all 22. That's the deal, take it or leave it."
      At this point, I was told that I had until Monday to call Warner Bros. to tell them I was on board. Well Folks, an actor does not call a studio. Our union has rules. The producers of B-5 never called my manager or agent to tell them of this deadline. Instead, I was told by Jeff Conaway. I called my agent and left word. We missed each other. On Monday, I found out that on the previous Friday my agent had received a fax stating that the offer for me to be in B-5 was withdrawn. In essence, I was fired. This fax was received on Friday, so what kind of game was being played by giving me false hopes throughout the weekend in England? And by the way, on Tuesday of that week, I was in London promoting the show and doing magazine interviews and TV talk shows for them on my own time. Why would I do that if I did not believe something could be worked out.
      If they really wanted me back, they would have accepted my plea through my agent to sit down and have a meeting. He was told by John Copeland that he was "a dollar short and a day late." They simply did not even want to sit down with me!
      Once again, I would do season 5...if I had less episodes. I am hurt and disappointed that I have not even received the opportunity to discuss my needs. I was dismissed coldly and simply. I want you to know that I have given my heart to the show and I love Ivanova as much as any of you. I did not "leave" the show. I did not ask for more money. I did not create this mess. Perhaps this is a great lack of communication. I would like to think that. Thank you all for your love and support. I would never abandon you.

Claudia Christian

basically she wanted to do s5 if she had had less eps. on monday her agent told her that she'd been fired a few days ago. why am I telling you this? because it reminds me of something Joe once said: TBTB talked to Torri even though generally things are done differently in this business as in actors frind out through their agents. CC's case is just one example.

IDK what exactly happened but clearly Torri wasn't happy with the direction of her character. sure I mean it sucks being reduced from regular to recurring but she never received a copy of the script for GitM. it also depends on the time of the interview because I imagine she must've been pretty pissed
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

yup, anyway cannot bash an actor/actress so I'll just leave it at that. I am just very angry, and I felt she should of at least did this last ep to close her character for her fans. I am a Weir, take that "was" a Weir fan, I never was a Torri fan. I've never seen her in anything else except for Stargate.
        Agreed. I've aid it before and I'll say it again JS was perfect in the part. The way she delivered this line IMO shows that....
        Spoiler:
        KINSEY: (Follows her into her office, slaming the door closed. He's pissed) What the hell was that?

WEIR: I'm sorry?

KINSEY: You don't know O'Neill like I do.

WEIR: (Sighs) This is my call. Colonel O'Neill ...

KINSEY: Is the one who got us into this mess in the first place!

WEIR: I don't see ...

KINSEY: I want him gone ,Doctor. I want them all gone, you haven't figured that out yet?

WEIR: Oh' I figured out quite a bit.

KINSEY: Well hallelujah for that.

WEIR: This is my office, this is my chair. Until someone tells me otherwise, I'm going to make decisions as I see fit. Not as they fit into your agenda. (I really like this lady!)

KINSEY: You have no idea what my agenda is.

WEIR: Whatever your agenda is.

KINSEY: You don't know anything Doctor, and if you think you do, you're not as smart as I thought. (Leaves, she sighs)
        Torri's portrayal of Weir grew on me but I never was a Torri fan.

Anyway, According to Joe M who won't lie on his blog since it's used as a news source, said they tried to work with her, but alas she still turned it down.

So now we have the full truth. No excuses. Why she turned it down still remains uncertain and we will never know.
        Yup.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
          yup I read it (didn't red you ). did you watch B5? because this kinda reminds me of s5 when they replaced Claudia Christian (Ivanova). there had been a lot of rumors why she was fired... you know TBTB said she wanted more money, she said that's BS. a few weeks ago Integrabyte posted this in the B5 section

basically she wanted to do s5 if she had had less eps. on monday her agent told her that she'd been fired a few days ago. why am I telling you this? because it reminds me of something Joe once said: TBTB talked to Torri even though generally things are done differently in this business as in actors frind out through their agents. CC's case is just one example.

IDK what exactly happened but clearly Torri wasn't happy with the direction of her character. sure I mean it sucks being reduced from regular to recurring but she never received a copy of the script for GitM. it also depends on the time of the interview because I imagine she must've been pretty pissed

It's show business, why is Paul McGillion returning if TPTB fired him before? Paul is a professional and you know what........you know what dude, I need to shut up, I am going to regret saying something.
          sigpic

Comment

I fraking hope Woolsey is 100 times better and more dramatic than Weir ever was. I want people to be like "Weir who"?
            sigpic

Comment

After reading this as have I. Now more than ever I wish Jessica had stayed on board. She really had a good grasp of the character possibly even more so than Torri.
              sorry dude but I gotta disagree. JS was horrible, TH was much better imo

me too, never seen her in anything else except Atlantis. I think most fans would've been happy with an appearance in s5, just to have closure

it's indeed sad and you're right we still don't know the whole story but that's ok imo. I've read some pretty scary things about some actors that appeared in s9 and 10 of SG-1
              sigpic

Comment

me too, never seen her in anything else except Atlantis. I think most fans would've been happy with an appearance in s5, just to have closure

it's indeed sad and you're right we still don't know the whole story but that's ok imo. I've read some pretty scary things about some actors that appeared in s9 and 10 of SG-1
                I wish I could erase the last 30 secs of BAMSR.
                sigpic

Comment

You and I disagreeing? Well it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Even I would have preferred that.

huh? That's a news to me if you remember can you tell me?

Comment

Agreed. I've aid it before and I'll say it again JS was perfect in the part. The way she delivered this line IMO shows that....
                    Spoiler:
                    KINSEY: (Follows her into her office, slaming the door closed. He's pissed) What the hell was that?

KINSEY: I want him gone ,Doctor. I want them all gone, you haven't figured that out yet?

WEIR: This is my office, this is my chair. Until someone tells me otherwise, I'm going to make decisions as I see fit. Not as they fit into your agenda. (I really like this lady!)

KINSEY: You don't know anything Doctor, and if you think you do, you're not as smart as I thought. (Leaves, she sighs)
                    I agree the scene was great but not because of JS imo

neither was I

It's show business, why is Paul McGillion returning if TPTB fired him before? Paul is a professional and you know what........you know what dude, I need to shut up, I am going to regret saying something.
                    yeah I'm pretty sure I know what you'd like to say it's ok dude, some people just don't get it
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Yup.
                      JS was good, but she did not have enough time on screen to really blossom. I did fall in love with Torri playing Weir. It was tough and sad for me when the events happened in Season 4, but that is drama "For Crying out loud" as Jack would say . I feel that Torri could have had a nice send off of her character, have a nice tear jerker moment saying goodbye to shep and co. Sorta what we got with "TMC" except it would be the real Weir, but NO!
                      sigpic

Comment

I wish I could erase the last 30 secs of BAMSR.
                        I'll wait until I've seen GitM

You and I disagreeing? Well it was bound to happen sooner or later.
                        LOL yeah

Even I would have preferred that.
                        yup

huh? That's a news to me if you remember can you tell me?
                        I remember the threads. let me check, I'll PM you
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree the scene was great but not because of JS imo
                          True to a point. It was very well written however even the best written script can be ruined by an actors portrayal and IMO she nailed it.

neither was I
                          Yeah and she did grow on me.

Comment

JS was good, but she did not have enough time on screen to really blossom. I did fall in love with Torri playing Weir. It was tough and sad for me when the events happened in Season 4, but that is drama "For Crying out loud" as Jack would say . I feel that Torri could have had a nice send off of her character, have a nice tear jerker moment saying goodbye to shep and co. Sorta what we got with "TMC" except it would be the real Weir, but NO!
                            Which is why I wish JS had stayed on however remember that with what happened with Weir and season 4 was not tptb fault. While I liked the direction they took her character in, I wish it had a more final ending to her character since all this crap with Torri happened.

Comment

Which is why I wish JS had stayed on however remember that with what happened with Weir and season 4 was not tptb fault. While I liked the direction they took her character in, I wish it had a more final ending to her character since all this crap with Torri happened.
                              You know Joe M is going to be bashed like crazy right? I think it will get ugly.
                              sigpic

Comment

You know Joe M is going to be bashed like crazy right? I think it will get ugly.
                                Yeah which I really hate to think about just how ugly it will get. I'm really glad I am not him right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X