This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    Well after getting the snow out of my hair It was great Got all the family plus more coming over in less than an hour so I've got to go *pouts*

Iz very much looking forward to Vegas They even mentioned it in my tv mag this week!!
    That'll be fun for you.

The MGM trailer to 'Vegas' looks cool, can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
      Maybe I'm the one with the issue then for sounding like I'm not a McKeller shipper and not a fan of Season 5.
      I wouldn't say that. I'm a fan of S5 and yet it lacked the direction of S4 and S1. Sure there were some good episodes but too many were hit and miss. And there lies the problem. Too many fillers episodes that did nothing for arcs. Yeah S5 will be on S2 terms with only S3 being worse.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I wouldn't say that. I'm a fan of S5 and yet it lacked the direction of S4 and S1. Sure there were some good episodes but too many were hit and miss. And there lies the problem. Too many fillers episodes that did nothing for arcs. Yeah S5 will be on S2 terms with only S3 being worse.
        Did JM ever say that that's what they were going for in Season 5? More stand-alone episodes and fewer arcs?
        sigpic

Comment

Did JM ever say that that's what they were going for in Season 5??* More stand-alone episodes and fewer arcs?
          Honestly I saw a simliar thing during SG1 when Apophis was finally killed and Anubis was brought in. SG1 was getting rid of many arcs and starting many new ones. It seems like something simliar was happening this season.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Honestly I saw a simliar thing during SG1 when Apophis was finally killed and Anubis was brought in. SG1 was getting rid of many arcs and starting many new ones. It seems like something simliar was happening this season.
            So they were using Season 5 to set up for a potential season 6? At the expense of a quality season?
            sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't be the first time Stargate did it.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

"Ruining your TV shows since 2002."
                -SciFi Channel

I'm sorry to say I have little willpower. I've seen Vegas and EATG and they were great but I wish I had waited. They won't disappoint IMO.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

So they were using Season 5 to set up for a potential season 6? At the expense of a quality season?
                  Yes they were but the quality didn't suffer IMO. Sure a few eps were not perfect but no show is. IMO scifi's promotion "Best season of Stargate" is correct.

Comment

So how long until FoXz and Linda become weak like Mitchell
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Hmmm I say 1 day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post

I'm sorry to say I have little willpower. I've seen Vegas and EATG and they were great but I wish I had waited. They won't disappoint IMO.
                        Yeah I heard they were really good.

LOL, i think Jumper will go first.
                        sigpic

Comment

Never going to happen.

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          Hmmm I say 1 day.
                          How much do you want to bet on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Yeah I heard they were really good. LOL, i think Jumper will go first.
                            I thought Jumper One was already weak
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
                              Never going to happen.

How much do you want to bet on that?
                              Ahh the force is strong with you young Fox Z.

I thought Jumper One was already weak
                              Vegas is airing in 3 days. I know a lot of people get HD. So would rather see the show in HD.
                              sigpic

Comment

That's my general problem with season 5 as a whole.

There's a reason why Daedalus Variations continues to stand out in my mind as a thoroughly enjoyable and classically-Stargate episode, and that's because it was a well written, well rounded, team-centric episode. It was a classic SF type of episode and I think Season 5 could have used more of that.
                                The team acted like clones in DV.... Teyla was like some bored stepford wife...Ronon was more caveman than usual.... Rodney was more hysterical than usual and Shep ... well Shep was just Shep..

The only eps for me that had genuine team moments where the team acted like a team who had been together for five years and cared about one another was Search and Rescue... eventhough I LOVED The Prodigal and Infection not a lot of team moments... other occasional moments scattered here and there.. but overall all of season five totally lacked the team feel of previous seasons.

This trend continued right up until the end of the season IMO...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X