This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
    *Hands Cazz some chocolate*Ah yes, Halloween, the one day of the year jelgate can go out without his mask on.
    ROFLMAOJust as long we make sure Jumper_One keeps his one. No disrespect intended but that guy is scary enough with his mask.

The problems with S2/S3 Carson and to a lesser extent Keller is that were put into scenes where quite franky they just weren't needed. That has always been my biggest compliant of Beckett. Why in the world did they need him in episodes like Epiphany and Phantoms
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      The problems with S2/S3 Carson and to a lesser extent Keller is that were put into scenes where quite franky they just weren't needed. That has always been my biggest compliant of Beckett. Why in the world did they need him in episodes like Epiphany and Phantoms
      Well, why not have him? I can't remember Epiphany too well, but I do recall that in Phantoms there were injured Marines and Carson was taking care of them.

Now, you all know I'm not a fan of Beckett and a huge one of Keller, but I'll still say that I don't think he was overused per say. And I don't think that's happening with Keller.

The "overused character" argument is most often brought up by the people who don't like the character, so any usage tends to be over-usage.
      sigpic

Comment

ROFLMAO Just as long we make sure Jumper_One keeps his one. No disrespect intended but that guy is scary enough with his mask.
        LOL

Perhaps TPTB want the CMO as more than just the doctor, they want to have them as a character in other situations as well, that's how it's looking.

Comment

Because Pandora they didn't know that their was injured Marines. I think back to SG1 and they would have sent the team in to search the area before sending in a doctor if needed.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

*Hands Cazz some chocolate*

Ah yes, Halloween, the one day of the year jelgate can go out without his mask on.
            Mental green.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Perhaps TPTB want the CMO as more than just the doctor, they want to have them as a character in other situations as well, that's how it's looking.
              Is that neccesarily a bad thing?

Because Pandora they didn't know that their was injured Marines. I think back to SG1 and they would have sent the team in to search the area before sending in a doctor if needed.
              They suspected that something was wrong. Given that the planet was uninhabited, it's reasonable to assume that the reason those Marines couldn't respond would be because of some grave injury.

That said, even of that weren't the case, why would changing the usual formula of SGA-1 going to investigate be a problem?

They'd been using it for 10 years since SG-1 and now TPTB wanted to make a change to the usual format. Did Becket's presence in Phantoms really trouble you? Did he not serve a purpose?
              sigpic

Comment

It didn't really bother me but it also didn't really bother me. You would scout the area before sending a doctor let alone a civilian doctor into combat
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                  Mental green.
                  Thanks.

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                  Is that neccesarily a bad thing?
                  To me it isn't, I like Jenn being more than 'just the CMO' and to be fair I didn't have any complaints about Carson's overuse, as long as a character adds something to the scene I don't see what the problem is unless of course the character isn't liked.

Comment

It didn't really bother me but it also didn't really bother me. You would scout the area before sending a doctor let alone a civilian doctor into combat
                    True, but this is a television show. There's a lot that would be done in a real life situation that isn't done on the show for the sake of expediency and entertainment.

To me it isn't, I like Jenn being more than 'just the CMO' and to be fair I didn't have any complaints about Carson's overuse, as long as a character adds something to the scene I don't see what the problem is unless of course the character isn't liked.
                    Agreed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ah yes, Halloween, the one day of the year jelgate can go out without his mask on.
                      Thanx!

And

As for Beckett, he was needed in Epiphany When Shep went through the time dilation thingy he was in pain! They had no idea how he would be on the other side
                      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post

Spoiler:

LOL

ROFLMAOJust as long we make sure Jumper_One keeps his one. No disrespect intended but that guy is scary enough with his mask.
                        I am? good
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                          Thanx!

And

As for Beckett, he was needed in Epiphany When Shep went through the time dilation thingy he was in pain! They had no idea how he would be on the other side
                          That makes no sense. Under normal circumstance they wouldn't send the doctor unless the team knew someone was injured
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

That makes no sense. Under normal circumstance they wouldn't send the doctor unless the team knew someone was injured
                            But you have to think, it was Weir in charge (a civilian) as opposed to Hammond (a Air Force General).

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Woo hoo, I passed!!!

Oh and Season 5 of SGA rocks!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                Woo hoo, I passed!!!
                                Oh and Season 5 of SGA rocks!
                                Cheating, is their nothing you can't do.
                                Teyla rocks more
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X