This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    I completely agree. A loose alliance is a good idea and most definitely a necessary one.

You mentioned something earlier about Atlantis being the military arm of this Coalition, but not having to answer to it all the time. Then what would be the point of answering to a governing body if what they said never mattered?

After all, any Coalition (much like is the case of the UN) only has as much power as is given to it by those it governs

Too bad we don't have another season to investigate this option.
    That just comes from a case of incredible bias (some of it I think justified) against the UN. Now...however...part of the problem is you have nations having too much power in the UN, and basically ignoring it, but, in most other cases......ok. It can be corrupted, and twisted, just like everything else. And used to not serve the best interests of the people. Which can lead to certain instances where Unilateral action is neccessary.
    Two, and on a less depressing note. Politics, and Military should never mix. Fine, make sure that they are doing their job. Make sure that they are not violating any real rules of conduct (Micheal for instance) but let them do their job, and let them keep on doing it until they do break those rules, badly. My take on it at least.
    And in simple, it all boils down to the fact that many of the members of this coalition, if it grows as large as a Galaxy, would not care. They do not care about Military matters. In effect, they would give Atlantis a blank check...and then probably complain at them later about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      That just comes from a case of incredible bias (some of it I think justified) against the UN. Now...however...part of the problem is you have nations having too much power in the UN, and basically ignoring it, but, in most other cases......ok. It can be corrupted, and twisted, just like everything else. And used to not serve the best interests of the people. Which can lead to certain instances where Unilateral action is neccessary.
      Two, and on a less depressing note. Politics, and Military should never mix. Fine, make sure that they are doing their job. Make sure that they are not violating any real rules of conduct (Micheal for instance) but let them do their job, and let them keep on doing it until they do break those rules, badly. My take on it at least.
      And in simple, it all boils down to the fact that many of the members of this coalition, if it grows as large as a Galaxy, would not care. They do not care about Military matters. In effect, they would give Atlantis a blank check...and then probably complain at them later about it.
      Sad, but true. Lovely world we live in, eh? (sorry, that was the Canadian in me coming out for a breath of fresh air)

With that said, I think I'll be jumping into bed now. It is currently 3 am, I have to be up by 9 tomorrow, and I need my beauty sleep.

Not that I didn't enjoy this conversation here. It was a refreshing change to discuss civilly on GW as opposed to....that other way that is customary here.

I think we've commandeered the thread long enough and it's probably defied some crazy law of physics by staying on topic for this long. I'm waiting for the universe to implode.

I'll be watching Babylon 5 when I have a spare moment by the way. Which should be sometime next century.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
        Sad, but true. Lovely world we live in, eh? (sorry, that was the Canadian in me coming out for a breath of fresh air)

With that said, I think I'll be jumping into bed now. It is currently 3 am, I have to be up by 9 tomorrow, and I need my beauty sleep.

Not that I didn't enjoy this conversation here. It was a refreshing change to discuss civilly on GW as opposed to....that other way that is customary here.

I think we've commandeered the thread long enough and it's probably defied some crazy law of physics by staying on topic for this long. I'm waiting for the universe to implode.

I'll be watching Babylon 5 when I have a spare moment by the way. Which should be sometime next century.
        Believe me, I know the feeling. I myself really want to go and rewatch that show, but do not have the time.
        Good night.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          47 minutes to go people. Have fun waiting Linda
          Do you have to do this every time.....Wait what am I saying , of course you do...You're Jelgate

Well tbh I found Inquisition rather boring....I wasn't even paying that much attention to most of the clips, too many clips for my liking....Oh well...

Roll on Prodigal I so prefer the action eps anyway
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Well tbh I found Inquisition rather boring....I wasn't even paying that much attention to most of the clips, too many clips for my liking....Oh well...
            'Inquisition' wasn't the best ep of the season, the clips did drag a bit and the episode didn't seem to resolve anything but I still enjoyed it for what it was and Woolsey was pretty cool saving the day like that.

This was a good line:

Woolsey: "Believe me, I can handle three tribal elders with a stack of papyrus."

Roll on Prodigal I so prefer the action eps anyway
            Indeed, 'The Prodigal' should be much better.

Like my new sig Linda?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
              'Inquisition' wasn't the best ep of the season, the clips did drag a bit and the episode didn't seem to resolve anything but I still enjoyed it for what it was and Woolsey was pretty cool saving the day like that.

This was a good line:

Woolsey: "Believe me, I can handle three tribal elders with a stack of papyrus."
              Yes Woolsey was awesome But then again he's always awesome"!

Indeed, 'The Prodigal' should be much better.
              Yes it should be so much better

Like my new sig Linda?
              sigpic

Comment

Yes Woolsey was awesome But then again he's always awesome"!
                Indeed, given the situation he handled that really well, Woolsey has proven himself worthy of being leader.

Yes it should be so much better
                Teyla with a fair role to play,
                Spoiler:
                Michael, Atlantis (or at least the tower) under siege, it should be a cool ep.

What? I missed Jenn from both of the last two eps and not seeing her in the intro once more was the last straw... So I made a sig that I can see all the time.

Comment

I don't think she is in the Prodgail either FoXz

And of course SciFi lacks brain in the spoiler area once again
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't think she is in the Prodgail either FoXz

And of course SciFi lacks brain in the spoiler area once again
                    Yeah I know, on both counts though:
                    Spoiler:
                    I don't see revealing Michael as that big a spoiler slip really, we were left with a "Is he really dead" sense and 'Inquisition' resurfaced that. It's nowhere near as bad as Carson in 'The Kindred' anyway.

Comment

Did you guys read this...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...89#post9125389

It's what I've been saying all this time. I am actually shocked SCI FI came out and said it. Basically in a nutshell it says.... SCI FI did not cancel SGA and would of continued, but they respect the producers and are willing to play this new game called SGU.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        Did you guys read this...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...89#post9125389

It's what I've been saying all this time. I am actually shocked SCI FI came out and said it. Basically in a nutshell it says.... SCI FI did not cancel SGA and would of continued, but they respect the producers and are willing to play this new game called SGU.
                        Thanks for the link, it's exactly as it has looked then, the whole deal with SGA getting moved over to movie format.

Comment

but it's sad that TPTB don't' even have faith in their own product
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            but it's sad that TPTB don't' even have faith in their own product
                            I'm not sure it was faith, they just wanted to go out on a high note according to BW, more likely try something new with SGU and move Atlantis over to movies where AoT and Continuum must have made a nice sum for MGM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
                              I'm not sure it was faith, they just wanted to go out on a high note according to BW, more likely try something new with SGU and move Atlantis over to movies where AoT and Continuum must have made a nice sum for MGM.
                              That sounds like spin to me.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

That sounds like spin to me.
                                Doesn't that apply to most opinions?

Comment

Working...
                                X