X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    If the first 5 minutes are any indication, Linda will be happy
    Yeah I was happy for the first like 15 minutes or so then........my worse fears were confirmed

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Spoiler:
    I don't understand what else could of been done in this episode? What was missing? Hmmm I know Linda is going to be pissed about Teyla. That really did not bother me too much though. I better call it a night before I reply to someone in a very abrupt way and totally regret it.
    Spoiler:
    I knew Teyla was gonna get left behind to babysit yet again...I just knew it...I'm sick and tired of Teyla being dumped out of the eps or dumped into the background...

Ok i'm shutting up now because this is so the wrong thread for this!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      You liked shirtless Shep too??? I thought I was going to be alone in my drooling on this thread
      Oh no, not the shep, just the whole ep.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
        Oh no, not the shep, just the whole ep.
        Something else happened in the ep???
        What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Spoiler:
          I am dissapointed with some of the fans reaction to this episode (That some is a very small some). These kind of eps come once and awhile and it delivered. *sigh* I guess people just don't understand.
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
            I am dissapointed with some of the fans reaction to this episode (That some is a very small some). These kind of eps come once and awhile and it delivered. *sigh* I guess people just don't understand.
            Did some people actully not like it.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

Brian, not everybody likes the same things, just because you did doesn't mean that the majority should.

I guess my expectations were just too high for this ep cos I don't think it delivered. But it did give me one thing I'd been waiting for since S1 so the opening scenes will go down in Stargate history for me

Comment

Did some people actully not like it.
                Aye, me
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  Aye, me
                  I didn't think you'd like it because of Teyla staying behind, that annoyed me a bit to. But if she did come, what would she do? Because their really wasn't a logical reason for her to come.

On the brightside, she should get plenty of screen time next week, it looks like a good team episode.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

I didn't think you'd like it because of Teyla staying behind, that annoyed me a bit to. But if she did come, what would she do? Because their really wasn't a logical reason for her to come.

On the brightside, she should get plenty of screen time next week, it looks like a good team episode.
                    Why is it always Teyla that has to stay behind I'm losing interest....She might be there next week but it's not to say she'll actually get to do anything
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm not looking forward to the rest of the season...Looks like it's all about Keller and McKeller so I dunno if i'll even watch....

I've almost given up now!
                    sigpic

Comment

Brian, not everybody likes the same things, just because you did doesn't mean that the majority should.

I guess my expectations were just too high for this ep cos I don't think it delivered. But it did give me one thing I'd been waiting for since S1 so the opening scenes will go down in Stargate history for me
                      It is not about liking or hating this episode. It's about how people expected certain things. I just don't know what else they could of done with this episode to please the fans. I just don't agree with some people here. They expected something different and well this episode was good enough for a top 10, imo. I just don't think no matter how great or bad this episode was, it would not have delivered what come people expected.

It's like I expected Thor to show up and to the Macarena, or Adama from BSG would show up with Galactica to aid Sheppard, lol. It's just sometimes people expect too much and some people just hate the show anyway they are just going to say oh it sucks anyway. Again, its' not about hating something. People hated whispers for an example like Jelgate, that is fine, he had his reasons and they were legit reasons. I thought it was a B episode at best, could of been a lot better.

I just feel SGA took a huge risk with this episode and it delivered and did the job it was supposed to do. I am hear pulling my hair out, not because people hated it but what they were expecting.
                      sigpic

Comment

I too was a little disappointed. It wasn't as good as FC. Thats not to say it was bad but it could have been better.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

It is not about liking or hating this episode. It's about how people expected certain things. I just don't know what else they could of done with this episode to please the fans. I just don't agree with some people here. They expected something different and well this episode was good enough for a top 10, imo. I just don't think no matter how great or bad this episode was, it would not have delivered what come people expected.

It's like I expected Thor to show up and to the Macarena, or Adama from BSG would show up with Galactica to aid Sheppard, lol. It's just sometimes people expect too much and some people just hate the show anyway they are just going to say oh it sucks anyway. Again, its' not about hating something. People hated whispers for an example like Jelgate, that is fine, he had his reasons and they were legit reasons. I thought it was a B episode at best, could of been a lot better.

I just feel SGA took a huge risk with this episode and it delivered and did the job it was supposed to do. I am hear pulling my hair out, not because people hated it but what they were expecting.
                          Is it too much to expect that Teyla, the lead female character, is in more than 10 minutes? Is it too much to expect that seeing as they are on the Daedalus and we know Caldwell is on it to actually see him in the ep?

I liked this ep, I enjoyed it but after the set up of FC I was expecting it to be better than FC, but it wasn't IMO, so for me it didn't deliver on what was set up in FC. There were a lot of things in the ep that I loved but there were also things that annoyed and disapointed me, I don't expect that.

Comment

Is it too much to expect that Teyla, the lead female character, is in more than 10 minutes? Is it too much to expect that seeing as they are on the Daedalus and we know Caldwell is on it to actually see him in the ep?

I liked this ep, I enjoyed it but after the set up of FC I was expecting it to be better than FC, but it wasn't IMO, so for me it didn't deliver on what was set up in FC. There were a lot of things in the ep that I loved but there were also things that annoyed and disapointed me, I don't expect that.
                            Well the Teyla thing was a disappointment. I said to myself, not going to hear the end of the complaints from fans, but you know what? They have every right to be upset. It did not bother me as much, but I can relate.

I was just so excited about the Asgard a lot of things were not noticable to me until I saw the ep again. See my sig? I loooooooove the Asgard. The Asgard were not good or evil, and I loved that aspect of them.

I am going to be very critical to people's reviews about this episode. So I apologize if I seem a little assertive or abrupt.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Hey, I liked the episode. It was quite entertaining overall.

Spoiler:
                              I liked the Asgard better in First Contact because they were very efficient and no nonsense. I loved the scene in which Daniel talks with the Asgard leader ("That would make you worse than the Wraith" "Perhaps"), however I really did not like that a Traveler ship can destroy two Asgard ships. To me that was unacceptable. Also, now that we know there's an Asgard in each suit and not one Asgard controlling each suit I really wonder why those things aren't bullet proof. There are other ways to show that the identity of the "Aliens in Suits" is a mystery than showing them to be weak, with ineffective personal shields and armor so that one can be killed.

Comment

Well the Teyla thing was a disappointment. I said to myself, not going to hear the end of the complaints from fans, but you know what? They have every right to be upset. It did not bother me as much, but I can relate.

I was just so excited about the Asgard a lot of things were not noticable to me until I saw the ep again. See my sig? I loooooooove the Asgard. The Asgard were not good or evil, and I loved that aspect of them.

I am going to be very critical to people's reviews about this episode. So I apologize if I seem a little assertive or abrupt.
                                yeah I was hoping to see more of Teyla, that was definitely disappointing. however did we see more of her in FC? anyway the other aspects of TLT (Daedalus, Todd, Daniel-Rodney, Asgard, Travelers) were awesome imo, it's one of my favorite s5 eps
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X