This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erised View Post
    Remember being told to shut up and get over it? Ha!
    I don't think a lot of people here realized that killing off someone's fave character is equivalent to canceling the show. Except that it's worse, because your favorite actor got fired. Here all actors got fired, but not because they voiced their opinion about their characters *rolleyes*.
    I also remember a comment from a certain PTB, now a Power That Was, about how complaining by a dozen or so people on the internet was just whining.

Unfortunately said PTW didn't realise that some of that was done by people who actually did like the show, just not where it had headed.
    sigpic

Comment

Remember being told to shut up and get over it? Ha!
      I don't think a lot of people here realized that killing off someone's fave character is equivalent to canceling the show. Except that it's worse, because your favorite actor got fired. Here all actors got fired, but not because they voiced their opinion about their characters *rolleyes*.
      Heh. I would say that "those people" are realizing it now... except that they're clearly too dense to get a clue. *snorts*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey guys, Universe was given the greenlight. So maybe there is a show we can all agree on.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/08/stargate-univer.html
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not watching anything ever made by this ptb again.

ETA: so they are going for a younger cast. Actually it sound kind of good but new ptb or I'm not watching.

ETA2: The not watching has nothing to do with SGA getting canceled because honestly SGA was over for me 2 years ago. I just see this show having the same problems SGA did. It kind of sounds like Atlantis too but with a younger cast.
          Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 21 August 2008, 10:12 PM.
          sigpic
          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
            I'm not watching anything ever made by this ptb again.

ETA: so they are going for a younger cast. Actually it sound kind of good but new ptb or I'm not watching.

ETA2: The not watching has nothing to do with SGA getting canceled because honestly SGA was over for me 2 years ago. I just see this show having the same problems SGA did. It kind of sounds like Atlantis too but with a younger cast.
            Exactly. A group of explorers, stranded out in the far reaches of the universe and totally cut off from Earth? It sounds too much like the original premise for Atlantis, and we all know how quickly that was abandoned, just like so many other things that made Atlantis unique from SG-1.

And they're even talking about guest appearances from SG-1 and Atlantis cast members? How is that even supposed to be possible if this new group is totally cut off from Earth? They've only just gotten a green light and there are already plot holes galore.

I won't be wasting my time on SGU.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey guys... planning one of these thread for Universe? As right now... well, it looks a lot like Voyager with a dash of Sliders mixed in. And I loathed both of those series... (okay, maybe not loathed, but that's how I'm feeling now. And the fact that they cancelled Atlantis to bring it on, and cheerfully announced it's green-lighting the feekin' day after!!! AARGH!!!)

You wouldn't mind someone who's pro-Atlantis 4 and 5, right?

*watches the last 15 episodes mournfully*

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
              Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
                Hey guys... planning one of these thread for Universe? As right now... well, it looks a lot like Voyager with a dash of Sliders mixed in. And I loathed both of those series... (okay, maybe not loathed, but that's how I'm feeling now. And the fact that they cancelled Atlantis to bring it on, and cheerfully announced it's green-lighting the feekin' day after!!! AARGH!!!)

You wouldn't mind someone who's pro-Atlantis 4 and 5, right?

*watches the last 15 episodes mournfully*
                TARDIS, you traitor.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                  TARDIS, you traitor.
                  Season 5 will rock the house, my friend... just...

The new series will also be aimed at a slightly younger audience, SCI FI president Dave Howe said.

"This is an opportunity to reinvent this franchise and make it relevant to a new generation," he said. "We really don't want to be more of the same. It's going to build clearly off the existing franchise but with a cast that gives it a younger vibe."
                  WHAT THE BLOODY HELL!?!

I like Woolsey! I like Jack, I like Hammond, I like Landry! Fraiser, McKay, Bekett! Keller was good, because she was UNIQUE! I don't want a team of Kellers! I JUST WANT THE ONE!

*grumbles to self*

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                  Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

There WILL be a crossover episode of Stargate Universe and the new 90210.
                    How many teenage love triangles will they be able to fit in one 42 minute episode.
                    I'm kind of imaging a kinda 'Dude Where's My Car' Stargate series.
                    Sweet!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Exactly. A group of explorers, stranded out in the far reaches of the universe and totally cut off from Earth? It sounds too much like the original premise for Atlantis, and we all know how quickly that was abandoned, just like so many other things that made Atlantis unique from SG-1.

And they're even talking about guest appearances from SG-1 and Atlantis cast members? How is that even supposed to be possible if this new group is totally cut off from Earth? They've only just gotten a green light and there are already plot holes galore.
                      I won't be wasting my time on SGU.
                      This is why I can't take these people seriously. I mean, come on, that's not just a plot hole, It's a plot crater!

Idiots. And a young cast? They can just hire Mischa Barton and be done with it. Then they'll get tabloid publicity when she behaves badly. Oooh! A badly behaved cast member. That's what they need to drum up interest!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                        This is why I can't take these people seriously. I mean, come on, that's not just a plot hole, It's a plot crater!

Idiots. And a young cast? They can just hire Mischa Barton and be done with it. Then they'll get tabloid publicity when she behaves badly. Oooh! A badly behaved cast member. That's what they need to drum up interest!
                        You're giving them ideas

Comment

I don't mind younger cast. But there's one thing I'm really afraid of...they will make enemies more stupid (if it is possible) and our heroes will be even more unbeatable
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                            I don't mind younger cast. But there's one thing I'm really afraid of...they will make enemies more stupid (if it is possible) and our heroes will be even more unbeatable
                            I only hope that sheer luck won't be so obvious in every situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                              I only hope that sheer luck won't be so obvious in every situation.
                              well, I'm glad there won't be any 304 with their transport beams
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Yesterday I said:

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                                [waits for Stargate: Gossip Girl, starring Jennifer Keller]

Seriously though, if the hypothetical third series goes back to what made SG-1 and SGA great: adventure, exploration of other worlds and cultures, interesting characters you can relate to, danger, credible enemies, etc., I'm going to give it a chance. However, if they come up with an angsty teen series filled with love triangles and quadrangles, bye-bye.
                                Today I say:

Bye-bye Stargate! Thanks for all the great stories and characters.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X