This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
    When you ascend on your own, you have to be perfect.
    Even if I agree, that all a race can't be perfect, it shouln't have only flaws.
    No you don't. You have to have noble spirit but that's it.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      No you don't. You have to have noble spirit but that's it.
      No you don't. You have to have noble spirits to ascend with help. Natural asscension only requires that you are evolved. Adria and the Ori are perfect examples of natural asscension.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

What I'd like to see ( if I don't get turned down by the new direction) is a new story arc in the ascended realm parallel to S5 main storyline showing us conflictive issues the ancients face due to their non-intererence law in lower planes and how that prevents them from reaching further enlightment.
        We got some glimpses of that in SG1{ S8 Threads, S9 Pegasus Project, and possibly in the Ark of truth }.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          I disagree. They've just shown that they have flaws like everyone else. Perfect is so overrated.
          I didn't say I wanted them perfect, i have no problem with them having flaws like over-confidence etc. But we seem to be only shown their flaws now, it seems to me from the way they've been written lately, that they do nothing but screw up. I have no problem with the ancients failing at tasks, even some things have to have been beyond them. I just don't like how they have been handled and wish they would do better.
          Last edited by Ice Wolf; 15 February 2008, 04:38 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

its abit strange the Atlanteans/Lanteans are the latest version of the Anicents, they live in Atlantis the crown jewel of the Anicents and yet they have shown some of the Anicents to be stupid, well not stupid thts the only word i can come up for now, but ya its does get a bit old being perfect, the Ancients are just highly evoled humans, sure they can make some mistakes but there has been alot, i hope there is reason for this, its kind of backwards, the Alterans have been protrayed to be smater then the pegaues Anicents and yet the Altanteans are more advanced. Hope you guys and girls understand what i'm getting at here.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              No you don't. You have to have noble spirits to ascend with help. Natural asscension only requires that you are evolved. Adria and the Ori are perfect examples of natural asscension.
              Well, when you are very evolved, you are near to perfection, and you're not making one mistake after another.

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
              I didn't say I wanted them perfect, i have no problem with them having flaws like over-confidence etc. But we seem to be only shown their flaws now, it seems to me from the way they've been written lately, that they do nothing but screw up. I have no problem with the ancients failing at tasks, even some things have to have been beyond them. I just don't like how they have been handled and wish they would do better.
              Exactly, exactly!!

Comment

That's right my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                  Hmm I do see your point.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
                    It kinda takes away from the intrigue of it all when they're the biggest idiots in 2 galaxies.
                    Only 2? I'm counting at least 7.

The 'poop' question was answered in 'Quarantine' when Zelenka mentioned that plumbing was offline, followed by a distasteful 'Ugh'. They had to go, just like we do.

I'm pissed off with the Ancients being the cause, whether indirectly or directly, of every problem on Stargate. They probably caused the Asgard disease and just won't fess up. I'd like to see a group of unascended Ancients who actually want to solve the problems they've caused. Of course, their means of doing so [think Asurans killing humans to starve the Wraith] could conflict with Earth's interests and fun ensues. Just like how we couldn't stand up to the Ancients in 'The Return', how would we fare against some that really didn't want us around? I just want to see Atlantis fight another city ship. Maybe Atlantis vs Lemuria. Or Thule.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

at least you should speak like a loaded hindu monk and you're ascended.
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        I just want to see Atlantis fight another city ship. Maybe Atlantis vs Lemuria. Or Thule.
                        And how do you imagine that? The two cities floating few hundred metres one of the other and firing drones on each other?

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          at least you should speak like a loaded hindu monk and you're ascended.
                          Hey, worked for Anubis.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

And how do you imagine that? The two cities floating few hundred metres one of the other and firing drones on each other?
                            Ah, the classic sci-fi perspective question. Of course not!!! They're not 12km across Wraith hiveships pulling alongside each other and firing away! A bit smaller, yes, but they're city ships!!! Give em room!
                            Firefight on the run, dodging asteroids and hiding behind planets, maybe throw in a nebula for the Wrath of Khan effect. They're city ships, it's gotta be big and grand and jus' plain ol' perdy.

Anyway... Unascended Ancients who're trying to correct the mistakes their race made. That would be a change of pace.
                            I'd also love to learn more about their personal lives. And NOT one of their women falling for Shep. Ugh. The look that passed between those two Ancients at the beginning of 'Rising' showed that, evolved or not, they had lots of drama going on. Considering he dumped Ayiana by taking her city, moving to another galaxy and leaving her behind, that was one hell of a break up. Perhaps she gave him a disease?
                            Last edited by nx01a; 16 February 2008, 04:09 PM.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              Anyway... Unascended Ancients who're trying to correct the mistakes their race made. That would be a change of pace.
                              I'd also love to learn more about their personal lives. And NOT one of their women falling for Shep. Ugh. The look that passed between those two Ancients at the beginning of 'Rising' showed that, evolved or not, they had lots of drama going on. Considering he dumped Ayiana by taking her city, moving to another galaxy and leaving her behind, that was one hell of a break up. Perhaps she gave him a disease?
                              Then, "Before I Sleep" type episodes would be useful, wouldn't they?

Comment

Then, "Before I Sleep" type episodes would be useful, wouldn't they?
                                it was great episode, as well as the rest of the season one
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X