Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to hear about other ascended groups. Fire was the Ori, Light was the "Alterans", black smoke was for ascended Goa'uld (Anubis), so maybe there is other unique form, which we haven't meet yet.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      I would like to hear about other ascended groups. Fire was the Ori, Light was the "Alterans", black smoke was for ascended Goa'uld (Anubis), so maybe there is other unique form, which we haven't meet yet.
      Jedi?
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        Jedi?

I would like to see more details about how they arrived and how they left the Pegasus galaxy.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Ranga14 View Post
          I agree with this post 100%!

The writers really need to come up with something clever and say that these ancients, the ones of Atlantis are maybe descendents of the ones millions of years ago perhaps? Or maybe an offshoot of some kind? Maybe the REAL ancients are far more advanced and their home is much further away?

Who knows, just something to bring back that missing "awe-inspiring" element.
          I have to say i agree too, for a highly advanced race they really did make a lot of mistakes. I would like to see where else they've been, what else they've done etc, and more of their history in the Pegasus and milky way galaxies.

Comment

Well, the Ancients could be fed on- "Aurora"- First Officer was fed on by that Wraith, even though she was old. I do wish the Ancients were better portrayed as a race.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
              I would really like to see some explaination given to the pegasus gates... why the Ancients went for the new design etc... There is alot still to be explored about the Ancients and I hope TPTB do some more digging in S5
              Agreed. Maybe they have some explanations for why they wre made with out a movable inner ring for manual dialing and we get taken back to when Janus and co decided to not put that in..

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                I would really like to see some explaination given to the pegasus gates... why the Ancients went for the new design etc... There is alot still to be explored about the Ancients and I hope TPTB do some more digging in S5
                Uh, they look better, work better (dial faster), and don't have manual dialing. They come after the MW stargates. So they must have made improvements to it. The new design looks closer to the style of Atlantis, so maybe they just genrally changed the style of their technology.
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                  Uh, they look better, work better (dial faster), and don't have manual dialing. They come after the MW stargates. So they must have made improvements to it. The new design looks closer to the style of Atlantis, so maybe they just genrally changed the style of their technology.
                  True however it also causes a problem. Without an inner ring manual dialing is impossible if say the dhd blows up. So a good question is why and what are they made of.

Comment

The main thing I'd like to learn about the ancients is that they aren't as stupid as they have been portrayed on Atlantis. I think that the writers have really done a disservice to this great race that they built up on SG-1 but have turned out to be a dissapointment on Atlantis.
                    sigpic

Comment

In the defiant one the wraith who was stuck on that moon for 10,000 years bragged he had fed on human, ancients, and even his own kind and would soon feed on sheppard.

what I would like to find is another surviving group of ancients from a ship who used a time dilation field and stasis pods to survive. it doesn't have o be many say a dozen or so, but instead of kicking us out of Atlantis they help us repair it, and possibly defend it.

Think Telya's replacement on A-team 1. while she is out with child.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

I think this is a question of another movie(hopefully). I doubt SGA will explore this.
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Sure, it would be interesting to explore the Pegasus gate problematics, even for only seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                            The main thing I'd like to learn about the ancients is that they aren't as stupid as they have been portrayed on Atlantis. I think that the writers have really done a disservice to this great race that they built up on SG-1 but have turned out to be a dissapointment on Atlantis.
                            I disagree. They've just shown that they have flaws like everyone else. Perfect is so overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              I disagree. They've just shown that they have flaws like everyone else. Perfect is so overrated.
                              When you ascend on your own, you have to be perfect.
                              Even if I agree, that all a race can't be perfect, it shouln't have only flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                                When you ascend on your own, you have to be perfect.
                                Even if I agree, that all a race can't be perfect, it shouln't have only flaws.
                                No you don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X