Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ My guess would be no, anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the save Weir campaign seems to be more pro Torri than the actual character.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
      We were't talking about the reasons, we were talking about who's to blame, it's PTB's fault, Malozi admitted he was part of the decision to remove the character.
      We don't know what happened so assigning blame is pointless and nothing more than speculation.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Was there someone else who made the character recurring and ruined her? Don't think so.
        whoa hang on. it may have been TBTB's decision (notice I'm saying 'TBTB' and not 'JM' because he can't make such a decision on his own) to reduce Weir's involvement in Atlantis but he sure didn't ruin the character. see that's my opinion, apparently you think otherwise which is ok but don't state opinions as facts

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Its kind of one-sided that it is all JM fault that she was reduced tp recurring. Their are probably more reasons that we are not even aware of.

We were't talking about the reasons, we were talking about who's to blame, it's PTB's fault, Malozi admitted he was part of the decision to remove the character.
        who's talking about blame? Joe was one of the people that made the decision to reduce the character's involvement in SGA. so what? if you wanna blame TBTB or more specifically Joe then go ahead but the truth is we have no idea what really happened. all we know is that Torri decided to turn down their offer, everything else is speculation
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think this topic should be closed or renamed to "Dr Weir (please Come Back As Regular)". I don't want to get away your hopes, but that is the sad truth.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I don't think she will be back, I like Sam, but it seems they are replacing her too

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
              What if we get Jessica Steen back as Dr Weir?
              I am of the belief now that it is just better to let the whole thing go. Weir is no more, and that is that, I was never a fan of the RepliWeir story line anyway, so whether Torri or Jessica or actress number three, I just think that ship has sailed.

Originally posted by mikeroq
              I like Sam, but it seems they are replacing her too
              Amanda Tapping chose to leave to do Sanctuary. Not the same thing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                Amanda Tapping chose to leave to do Sanctuary. Not the same thing at all.
                We're told that Ms. Higginson declined to return as well. Mighty fine hairsplitting on my part, yes, but worth mentioning.
                sigpic
                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  whoa hang on. it may have been TBTB's decision (notice I'm saying 'TBTB' and not 'JM' because he can't make such a decision on his own) to reduce Weir's involvement in Atlantis but he sure didn't ruin the character. see that's my opinion, apparently you think otherwise which is ok but don't state opinions as facts
                  It's a fact for me. She was ruined in FS, hasn't been the same since. Good that you accept that it's their fault.

who's talking about blame?
                  Me in my first post in this thread.

Joe was one of the people that made the decision to reduce the character's involvement in SGA. so what? if you wanna blame TBTB or more specifically Joe then go ahead but the truth is we have no idea what really happened. all we know is that Torri decided to turn down their offer, everything else is speculation
                  We're talking about Elizabeth full-time on the show, check the title of the thread. Torri said 'no' to one episode, TPTB are to blame for Liz no longer on full-time when they told Torri at the end of s3 to become recurring or walk. Clear as mud?
                  Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                  at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

It's a fact for me. She was ruined in FS, hasn't been the same since. Good that you accept that it's their fault.

Me in my first post in this thread.

We're talking about Elizabeth full-time on the show, check the title of the thread. Torri said 'no' to one episode, TPTB are to blame for Liz no longer on full-time when they told Torri at the end of s3 to become recurring or walk. Clear as mud?
                    It is clear as mud. As in mud isn't clear and we don't know all the facts to Torri's departure
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

We know it wasn't her choice not to be on full-time in s4. That's all I need to know.
                      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post

sure blame TBTB, that's always the easiest solution
                        Yes, and we shall blame them for eps like "BAMSR" and "Midway" shame on them.
                        sigpic

Comment

We know it wasn't her choice not to be on full-time in s4. That's all I need to know.
                          Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          Yes, and we shall blame them for eps like "BAMSR" and "Midway" shame on them.
                          Matter of opinion as you are fond of pointing out.
                          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                            Matter of opinion as you are fond of pointing out.
                            So are we going to keep bunking heads in these general threads, or should we just respect eachothers opinions and agree to disagree?
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I agree. Wish they had never messed with Weir in the first place. For me anyway, she elevated SGA above the usual interstallar shoot-em-ups. LOL.

And this being sci fi, it should have been relatively easy to think of a way to bring her back. You've got vampire like aliens and wormholes and hyperspace and beaming technology. . . not to mention the famed lost city of Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy. But heaven forbid you figure out a way to de-nanite Weir. Guess even the most vivid imagination has places it can't (or won't) find a way to explore.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                                Yeah, I agree. Wish they had never messed with Weir in the first place. For me anyway, she elevated SGA above the usual interstallar shoot-em-ups. LOL.

And this being sci fi, it should have been relatively easy to think of a way to bring her back. You've got vampire like aliens and wormholes and hyperspace and beaming technology. . . not to mention the famed lost city of Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy. But heaven forbid you figure out a way to de-nanite Weir. Guess even the most vivid imagination has places it can't (or won't) find a way to explore.
                                Not when the actress doesn't want to come back.

Comment

Working...
                                X