This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Not when the actress doesn't want to come back.
    True, and I respect her for that. But, I was thinking more of those who say they can't bring Weir back because she's full of nanites. The next leader of the Atlantis expediton is going to be the very same guy who hid under the desk in the Return. If you (the general you) can accept that, than Weir of Nine should be a piece of cake.
    sigpic

Comment

Seriously 10 yrs from now were gonna have a flock of newbies saying 'whos weir?"[/QUOTE]

Oh, I doubt this very much. Weir is a lot better than what they currently have and what they may receive...
      Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
        It's a fact for me. She was ruined in FS, hasn't been the same since.
        ok so it's basically your opinion. that's fine but it's not a fact

Good that you accept that it's their fault.
        I accept that TBTB (one of them JM) decided to change the character's direction. some like it and others don't, that's a matter of opinion. personally I think it's been a very interesting arc and yes I'm disappointed that we won't see much of it in s5 but that was Torri's decision and I respect it

Me in my first post in this thread.
        nope you weren't talking about blame in your first post
        That's what I would want as well, the only trick is that the mess of First Strike and season 4 can't be erased, in short what Mallozi did can't be undone, he ruined this wonderful character and treated the actress so badly that she doesn't want to do the show anymore.
        but I know what you mean

We're talking about Elizabeth full-time on the show, check the title of the thread. Torri said 'no' to one episode, TPTB are to blame for Liz no longer on full-time when they told Torri at the end of s3 to become recurring or walk.
        that last part is a bit harsh, it's not as if TBTB committed any crime. they told Torri about their decision and I'm pretty sure she wasn't happy but she did return for several eps in s4. again we don't know what made her decide to turn down the offer for s5. yes it was TBTB that reduced her role, if that's all you're interested in then go ahead and blame them.

Clear as mud?
        yup I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on certain stuff

We know it wasn't her choice not to be on full-time in s4. That's all I need to know.
        if that's all you need...

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Yes, and we shall blame them for eps like "BAMSR" and "Midway" shame on them.
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
          True, and I respect her for that. But, I was thinking more of those who say they can't bring Weir back because she's full of nanites. The next leader of the Atlantis expediton is going to be the very same guy who hid under the desk in the Return. If you (the general you) can accept that, than Weir of Nine should be a piece of cake.
          Yea, what a shame! It's like they want the show to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by LivingAsgard View Post
            Yea, what a shame! It's like they want the show to fail.
            you mean TBTB?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
              you mean TBTB?
              What's that?

Comment

What's that?
                The Powers That Be, in other words JM, PM etc
                sigpic

Comment

The Powers That Be, in other words JM, PM etc
                  Ah, I see.

Comment

Ah, I see.
                    so in your opinion TBTB want the show to fail?
                    sigpic

Comment

so in your opinion TBTB want the show to fail?
                      They sure do, in my opinion.

Comment

hm interesting. you do realize that ratings and viewership, aswell as the fact that Atlantis has been renewed suggest otherwise? also if this trend continues (and the next eps will be BIG so it's very likely) there'll be a good chance for s6
                        sigpic

Comment

hm interesting. you do realize that ratings and viewership, aswell as the fact that Atlantis has been renewed suggest otherwise? also if this trend continues (and the next eps will be BIG so it's very likely) there'll be a good chance for s6
                          I think the finale ratings will be really good considering the upcoming eps

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                            I think the finale ratings will be really good considering the upcoming eps
                            LOL this is totally OT anyway yes there's not much competition and hey even Harmony got a 1.2 for live +sd. The Kindred and TLM could match BAMSR's numbers
                            sigpic

Comment

Why would you think that?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                Why would you think that?
                                It's a conspiracy I tell ya. SCI FI, MGM and Joe M all got into a room together to come up with ideas to destroy Atlantis and make the show tank in ratings. Sadly their plan is not working. Viewers are up from last season's 2nd half.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X