This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    Maybe because they are? Most of the filler eps have been significantly character oriented.

Characters with not connection to SGA

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
      Huh? Last I checked Ronon, Shep, Mckay, Teyla, And Keller are part of SGA.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        If they are in SGA they are connected.

I am going to tune in, I said in a season 3 thread somewhere that season 4 would determine if I left this fandom or not, stopped watching or not, well season 4 has had some low points but over all I found it (OK still four eps left) to be better then season two and and three combined; I got a lot of what I wanted, from more character interactions, to a less comic McKay and even the unexpected "John" from McKay's mouth. *yippy* Of course not having some characters around in season 5 will also be good. I am also looking forward to the Jackson appearance, no I wasn't a fan of SG-1 characters crossing over but now SG-1 is finished for good *it seems* I can let some of my hostility go. I have grown as a fan.

So basically season 5 looks like it could be the best yet, I think I have learned to accept that SGA is not going to be the show I first thought it was, and now I find I am just enjoying it for what it is, a scifi show with no "issues" to address in society, no feeling that it has to be the next big thing, and no need to pander to a section of fandom that by their own admission is leaving anyway.

*shrugs*

I have hope now where there was none.

Comment

I'll definitely be watching. I'm loving S4 and looking forward to S5.
          Chicago Con Attendee 2011
          Chicago Con Attendee 2010
          GateCon Attendee 2008
          Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
            I'll definitely be watching. I'm loving S4 and looking forward to S5.
            Same here.

Comment

Well, yes, I will be tuning in to Season 5. Though I have to admit that while I have for the most part enjoyed this season of SGA, I'm not as excited about it as I used to be. I used to not be able to wait until Friday night so I could watch it, now I just download it from Itunes and then watch them when I finally feel like it.

I have to agree with the person that said it feels forced this year, because I feel the same way. None of them seem to be meshing anymore( Except maybe for Sheppard and McKay, but those two just have great on screen chemistry and will always click). Carter has never really managed to fit in as far as I'm concerned, and she wasn't the big improvement over Weir that they were shouting she was going to be. I'm not saying she was bad, because I have actually found myself enjoying her now and then. But, I don't know, I was expecting them to do something exciting with her from the way TPTB were talking and instead we pretty much get zip. I feel that Carter's character was wasted. Yes, I wasn't that excited that she was going to be on the show from the beginning, but I figure if she's going to be there, use her for pete's sake. So far she's been wallpaper.

And as much as I actually tried to like Keller, she has just left me cold. Not in the sense of I hate her character, but just in the fact that she just doesn't do anything for me. She's just there, and meh, I can take her or leave her. There just doesn't seem to be much to her. Maybe that will change in Season five. But, I don't know, she just seems boring to me. Maybe now that she's a regular they will do more with her, but I'm not holding my breath.

And yes, I have to admit that the lack of Carson has also dampened my excitment for SGA. I really looked forward to seeing him, and it seems pretty empty without him. Maybe his return will bring back some of the spark for me.

I have to admit that I don't really care about the "muscial chairs commanders" anymore. TPTB are going to do as they please and to heck with what the fans want. At least that's the feeling I've gotten from SGA's PTB. So, meh, when I finally get fed up with all their BS I'll just move on. And sadly they probably won't even notice because I'll just disappear. Though at least this time the change is because Amanda has decided to move on rather then them pushing her to the side like they did with Torri.

Although, I do have to admit, I'm a bit intrigued that they have picked Woolsey, he seems like an odd choice and because of that he just might work out. I love Robert Picardo, he's a fantastic actor so it will be interesting to see what he brings to the table. I got to meet him in person a few years ago at an ST convention and he was very sweet and gracious. I had already been a fan since China Beach, but meeting him just insured I'd be one forever. I do have to admit though, Woolsey is seriously going to have to grow a pair if he's going to become the commander of Atlantis. He's going to need to be able to make decisons, stick to them and enforce them or everyone is going to walk all over him. The only thing that would seriously dissapoint me is if they rewrite his character, I want him to be Woolsey, with his annoying traits and all.

So anyways, yes I will watch Season 5, probably not with the same excitment as I used to. But I still love the show, even if that love is a little tainted now.
              Last edited by Koshi700; 14 February 2008, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
                As has been explained several times in several threads, the filler episodes, be it you call them "Character Development eps" or "fractured team eps" were not caused by the wellspring of creativity in the writing department, nor the lack there of (as your opinion may vary).

It was due to other commitments by the actors which reduced the ability to film contiguous episodes with the full ensemble.

Rachel Lutrell and David Hewlett became parents during the filming. Amanda Tapping was still heavily involved in Sanctuary. I understand that Jason Momoa also had another involvement which took his time. So if they forced an ensemble for as long as possible, the season cliffhanger would be..... Will Shep kirk it with Keller??

I understand that it is easy to blame the writers, and honestly, not everyone will look this kind of information up before deciding the writers and producers are entirely at fault.

However, no good ever came from jumping to conclusions.
                Granted, Actors have busy agendas. An actor might not always be available to shot the eps.
                But even if we get a band of the best of the best players in the field, that doesn't necessary guarantee an outstanding performance in the game without a good game plan. For SGA the game plan is the scripts written for the actors as we’ve seen in the case of Carter in SGA , many agreed that she seems not to fit in due to the way she was written for the show.
                It seems to me she ( A.T)is applying the Monkey psychology: he never releases the branch he’s holding tight until he grabs a new one. She might feel deep down that it’s time to slowly let go SG Franchise, which slowly is dying out, and try to get a hold on to something new and fresh like sanctuary.

Comment

yeah im going to watch season 5. Not much good on Scifi other then stargate atlantis.

Comment

I haven't made up my mind yet. Atlantis has disappointed me far too much lately.

Comment

Well, I started season 4 on the fence, and that's probably where I'll be when it ends which means I'll be watching season 5. However, season 4 has proven to be my least favorite season so I'm slowly becoming less invested in the show. I'm sad that SGA is no longer a show I'm excited about, but that's life.

(())
                      sigpic
                      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                        Well, I started season 4 on the fence, and that's probably where I'll be when it ends which means I'll be watching season 5. However, season 4 has proven to be my least favorite season so I'm slowly becoming less invested in the show. I'm sad that SGA is no longer a show I'm excited about, but that's life.

(())
                        Well hopefully the last three eps will help take you off the fence for a bit an hopefully you'll like season 5.

Comment

(())
                          Did you enjoy Midway?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Did you enjoy Midway?
                            Well, I didn't hate it like Travellers. (Is this damning with faint praise?)

I am interested in the next three episodes and I'm sort of spoiler free for them which usually makes the episode more fun to watch. I admit I'm a spoiler freak (at least with this show) so it's nice I don't know much about the last episodes. Oh wait, someone's coming back, right?
                            sigpic
                            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Well, I didn't hate it like Travellers. (Is this damning with faint praise?)

I am interested in the next three episodes and I'm sort of spoiler free for them which usually makes the episode more fun to watch. I admit I'm a spoiler freak (at least with this show) so it's nice I don't know much about the last episodes. Oh wait, someone's coming back, right?
                              I have to say I think the last 3 eps are going to change people's anticipation around for the better. There are folks like yourself who want the show to be better and you just have not seen that opportunity. But I think it will happen with the last 3 eps. Midway exceeded my expectations, and I now have a lot of hope for the last 3 eps. Oh and yes one character is returning.
                              sigpic

Comment

Of course I will tune in to see season 5
                                sigpic
                                Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Working...
                                X