X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    another one????

I mean Sam already was in the place of Weir, I never saw her as someone taking over forever. But I hoped Weir would be back in one way or another but now I have a feeling they will not change the commander again and if they do then it is really not believable anymore. I mean I already have issues with it atm.
    why? sure it sucks if the cast of a tv show changes every year but moving on is a fact of military life

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    Rodney has changed dramatically since he first appeared on SG-1, or even Atlantis.

Shock! Horror! So could Woolsey!

This should be very different to Weir and Carter, and I welcome it. I'm also happy that Beckett will be back for 1/4 of season 5, and that daneil will have 2+ guest spots. I'm still hoping Carter get's 5+, I hope she doesn't just leave and everyone forgets about her. Weir was remembered, and made more appearances after leaving, I hope the same happens with Carter. I know she will have more eps, I hope they aren't just to tie up the whole change in command thing but that she remains an active part of SGA.
    I agree, Woolsey will be very different than Weir or Carter, simply because he's IOA. I think Daniel might have 2 eps. I'm hopeful for 5+ Carter eps especially in the back half. AT and JM both said they want her to be part of the show so I'm looking forward to that
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      Rodney has changed dramatically since he first appeared on SG-1, or even Atlantis.

Shock! Horror! So could Woolsey!

This should be very different to Weir and Carter, and I welcome it. I'm also happy that Beckett will be back for 1/4 of season 5, and that daneil will have 2+ guest spots. I'm still hoping Carter get's 5+, I hope she doesn't just leave and everyone forgets about her. Weir was remembered, and made more appearances after leaving, I hope the same happens with Carter. I know she will have more eps, I hope they aren't just to tie up the whole change in command thing but that she remains an active part of SGA.

And if ANYONE takes over from Woolsey in the future, it better be Weir (but I don't see that happening). ANOTHER new Commander after this and it will be silly.
      Sure Rodney has changed but he's still not commander of Atlantis material and at this point in time, IMO, neither is Woolsey. You're right of course that he could become so at some point but he'd need a serious personality overhaul.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Wow. This ought to be...interesting.

Why does everyone assume that Woolsey will remain in command into Season 6, though? I do like Robert Picardo, but the way they've set up Woolsey in the past, my gut reaction is 'placeholder.'

Why, so we can have yet another major cast change/commander per season? Personally I'm sick of all the change. Stability is part of what keeps a show running consistently. I read that the new commander for this season was Woolsey and became thoroughly disappointed. It's not surprising, though...the only leader I've ever truly felt connected with the city and the expedition was Weir. If you're hinting at her possibly returning as commander in season 6 (if there even is a season 6 what with all the casting changes), then I join you in the wish. However, TPTB have let my hopes down too many times for me to trust them anymore.
        SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!!!

Comment

Why does everyone assume that Woolsey will remain in command into Season 6, though? I do like Robert Picardo, but the way they've set up Woolsey in the past, my gut reaction is 'placeholder.'
          Well, if he's warming the chair for Weir, I could accept another change in command. Were you the one who had a theory about her coming back in the 100th episode?

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
            Sure Rodney has changed but he's still not commander of Atlantis material and at this point in time, IMO, neither is Woolsey. You're right of course that he could become so at some point but he'd need a serious personality overhaul.
            Well, we and the Atlantis team may feel that way about Woolsey, but the IOA has its agenda. And from that point of view, this decision makes sense - cut out the middle man, have one of their own lead. It doesn't really matter to them if he's leader material. Again, from that standpoint, I like this decision. I don't love the character and I can never see him growing into a true leader, such as Hammond, but I think he can evolve enough to be helpful and not get into everyone's way.

Comment

If he is brought in as "interim" it could certainly leave the position open for Carter to return. Don't get me wrong, I wish AT the best with "Sanctuary". I hope it gets wonderful ratings and is around for years. But, if it doesn't, the door is left open for her to come back.

However, I don't see this as a placeholder position. I think he's there to stay.
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana
              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                Well, we and the Atlantis team may feel that way about Woolsey, but the IOA has its agenda. And from that point of view, this decision makes sense - cut out the middle man, have one of their own lead. It doesn't really matter to them if he's leader material. Again, from that standpoint, I like this decision. I don't love the character and I can never see him growing into a true leader, such as Hammond, but I think he can evolve enough to be helpful and not get into everyone's way.
                I just think it's sort of sad that the most people hope for is that Woolsey won't be a complete tool and that he'll eventually kind of keep out of the way. Not that he'll be a strong and competent leader but simply hoping that he won't be TOO terrible. I'm not critizing because I'm one of those people but it's still sort of sad.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                  If he is brought in as "interim" it could certainly leave the position open for Carter to return. Don't get me wrong, I wish AT the best with "Sanctuary". I hope it gets wonderful ratings and is around for years. But, if it doesn't, the door is left open for her to come back.

However, I don't see this as a placeholder position. I think he's there to stay.
                  Unless of course his "spineless but layered" personality gets him eaten by a wraith or in the vein of the more recent demised characters blown away. Oh wait, he won't be blown away, that's reserved for the final courageous act by the sometimes morally questionable characters.
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                    I just think it's sort of sad that the most people hope for is that Woolsey won't be a complete tool and that he'll eventually kind of keep out of the way. Not that he'll be a strong and competent leader but simply hoping that he won't be TOO terrible. I'm not critizing because I'm one of those people but it's still sort of sad.
                    Well, don't get me wrong...That's not exactly how I feel.
                    I think that the writers themselves know that they can never get Woolsey to act as a true leader. As such, he fill the "oppose the team" role...And I think he will be quite effective at that. But I also think that, being around them all the time, seeing what they do, he will grow to appreciate them. But since he just doesn't have it in him to go offworld and wield a gun and be all menacing in negotiations, the best he could do is trust his team in a crysis situation. And, really, for him, that would be real development, a serious improvement. And, if there's a season 6 and he's still in charge, he mat grow even more confident. I don't see it as being too unrealistic that Woolsey would grow into the leadership position within 2 years...If he did that by episode 5 of season 5, then yes...It would be annoying.
                    Personally, getting this character and working with him so that, in 2 years(HOPEFULLY), he grows into a true leader, would be a great thing to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by zombie8 View Post
                      Wow that's like putting Kinsey and the NID in charge. I'd rather see Maybourne in charge actually.
                      Me too! I'm still holding out hope for Harry to turn up in Atlantis...though it seems unlikely
                      'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.' - Nietzsche
                      'Real-time genetic mutation. More than human! The next step in our evolution as a species!.' - Lord Kane
                      'I don't want to be a *god*. I just want to bring fire to the people - and I want my cut.' - Lex Luthor
                      'What one has, one ought to use, and whatever he does he should do with all his might.' - Cicero

Comment

Cool...I really like Woolsey. Don't get me wrong, the idea of him commanding the Atlantis expedition is made of pickled lunacy, but Robert Picardo is a good actor and I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. I don't watch the show for its realism or complex plot and characterisation, anyhow Like Torchwood, I watch it for the crack, and it's getting...well, crackier! Bring it on!
                        'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.' - Nietzsche
                        'Real-time genetic mutation. More than human! The next step in our evolution as a species!.' - Lord Kane
                        'I don't want to be a *god*. I just want to bring fire to the people - and I want my cut.' - Lex Luthor
                        'What one has, one ought to use, and whatever he does he should do with all his might.' - Cicero

Comment

To catch up on Richard Woolsey check out these episodes...

Stargate SG-1

Heroes: Part 2 (Season 7)
                          Inauguration (Season 7)
                          Prototype (Season 9)
                          The Scourge (Season 9)
                          Flesh and Blood (Season 10)
                          Morpheus (Season 10)
                          The Shroud (Season 10)

Stargate Atlantis

No Man's Land (Season 3)
                          Misbegotten (Season 3)
                          The Return: Part 1 (Season 3)
                          The Return: Part 2 (Season 3)
                          The Seer (Season 4)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                            Well, Woolsey and Caldwell seemed like the most likely choices. But Woolsey probably seemed too tempting to pass over...There's possibility for conflict with the team and plus he's a damn coward...A good opportunity for the writers. Well, I hope they develop his character well. He COULD be great, you know...
                            Yeah. His character is so different than the standard "brave until the very end" Stargate characters (even Rodney) that hopefully he will give a badly need contrast to those characters. Hopefully he won't whine all the time, but I would like to see him being constantly overcautious to the point where all the other characters have to convince him that there is no other choice than to sometimes take risks. And hopefully he will be written well enough that he occasionally stops the reckless characters like Rodney and Shep from doing foolish things.

I think that this could go either way. If the writers do a good job with Woolsey he could be great. But if they can't pull it off his addition to the cast will be a disaster.

Still, however it turns out, it's great to see Robert Picardo back! I love that guy

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                              Unless of course his "spineless but layered" personality gets him eaten by a wraith or in the vein of the more recent demised characters blown away. Oh wait, he won't be blown away, that's reserved for the final courageous act by the sometimes morally questionable characters.
                              Hee! "Spineless but layered". Love that. Never fear, he won't get eaten by a Wraith. Our heroes will prevent that. Maybe. Depends on how annoying he's been that day, I guess.

As to shipper's comment, I'd love to see him be a strong, effective leader down the road. I think it's really possible he could become one. But he a journey to get there first.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

i bet McKay will be complaining about not getting the job
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X