Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, they had a cast member who did have a long term commitment to the show and guess what? They got rid of her!

As for Tapping I am pleased to see she has another show to go to. I don't get Sci Fi and after watching one episode of Sanctuary I am very glad I don't! LOL imo it was dire. Funny, yes, but I suspect not intentionally so.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
      Well no matter what happens, no matter how many episodes she is or isn't in it makes a mockery of what has gone before.

What was the point?

I read something like this...'The actress crossed over to Atlantis last year as part of her 2-year deal with the studio, after Stargate SG-1 was not renewed for an eleventh season. Her long-term commitment to the show was never certain.' and I just want to SCREAM.
      I don't see your point. We knew it was possible that she may or may not be back it happens. Whether or not she has a reduced role does not make a mockery make.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

now, not as a mod but as a poster....folks, if Sam is really gone from commanding teh city, you better start considering the possibility that the city could get a new commander.

Cause i'm seeing three possibilities

Sam stays as CO but in a very reduced role
        Someone new is assigned and Sam transfers, possibly to a ship (maybe sam and caldwell swap??? or she gets her own)

And i'm sorry, i just don't see Weir returning full time as commander of the city. If she does return in some capacity, it won't be until the second half of the season and i just can't see the IOA handing her her job back.

it IS a possibilty, but, honestly, i'd see Jack coming to command the city before i'd see Weir returning

The character's story path has just divurged too far for her to just hit the reset switch and go back
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
          If Torri couldn't be given the special guest star status in her own show then Amanda shouldn't be given that title either.
          Yes! My thoughts exactly.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            now, not as a mod but as a poster....folks, if Sam is really gone from commanding teh city, you better start considering the possibility that the city could get a new commander.

Someone new is assigned and Sam transfers, possibly to a ship (maybe sam and caldwell swap??? or she gets her own)
            I'd go with she still commands the city but is taken down to a recurring role around 7-10 eps.

And i'm sorry, i just don't see Weir returning full time as commander of the city. If she does return in some capacity, it won't be until the second half of the season and i just can't see the IOA handing her her job back.

it IS a possibilty, but, honestly, i'd see Jack coming to command the city before i'd see Weir returning

The character's story path has just divurged too far for her to just hit the reset switch and go back
            Agreed none of these options seem likely.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
              Actually, she'll be in fewer episodes, not 'less'.

And you know what really gets me? A year on, after all the crap that's gone on, certain Carter fans still can't make comments without having a dig at Weir fans.

You still have Amanda in Sanctuary, for crying out loud. It's something she wants to do. Stop the *****ing about Torri and the 'Well is still doesn't mean she'll be in more episodes' snarking.

Things change when the shoe's on the other foot, don't they? Welcome to our world.
              Who's having a dig at Weir fans? Who is *****ing about Torri? If anything, I've heard more *****ing about Amanda/Carter. If people want to think that several means more than 3-4, then let them, and stop constantly trying to tell them they're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                I don't see your point. We knew it was possible that she may or may not be back it happens. Whether or not she has a reduced role does not make a mockery make.

My point is, why replace Weir with Carter? Why upset a great many fans? Why mess with the show's dynamic? Why mess with the character's chemistry?

Did it improve ratings? No.

Imo it is a mockery that could so easily have been avoided. The changes were not needed, not wanted and have acheived nothing.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

And let's not forget that Torri has already said that she wouldn't come back full time even if they did ask her. If she could be persuaded somehow that would be amazing, after all Daniel came back full time in season seven, so it can be done.
                  sigpic

Comment

My point is, why replace Weir with Carter? Why upset a great many fans? Why mess with the show's dynamic? Why mess with the character's chemistry?

Imo it is a mockery that could so easily have been avoided. The changes were not needed, not wanted and have acheived nothing.
                    With that I disagree. Ratings have not dropped the are very steady and improving and the mockery IMO was trying to have Atlantis be a civilian operation. Weir was not the one who should have ran Atlantis depsite the fact she did gro on me. I will stop here however as this does not need to turn into another Carter vs Weir. Carter will be in season 5 just with a reduced role.

Comment

This news is a mixed bag for me. I'm really happy to see that Sanctuary will make it to TV for 13 episodes. I really liked what I saw from the internet series. But at the same time it would possibly mean a reduced role for AT on SGA. Now I'm not gonna speculate to much on "several", it means different for different people. To me it sounds like 5+ at least. So I see a couple of scenarios here.

1, Carter will still be in command but we'll only see her when she is really needed for the actual story. Beeing on Atlantis for an entire ep witout her might work once or twice, but it would seem strange not to have her involved in such a storyline at some point... With stories that takes mostly place off-world would take care of that problem.

2, Carter will take up a different position, say a ship commander. Or she will take up another position on Earth, but will be working with the Atlantis teams on certain occasions.

3, The word "several" is in the end "a few" and they will wrap up her story on Atlantis in the beginning of the season and bring in a new commander.

I'm gonna go with 1 however. Making more changes now would likely hurt the show way to much. I never have had anything against Weir or Carson, and never really wanted any of them to go and I still miss Carson. Replacing Weir was never necessary IMHO, but brining in Carter made it a much easier transition for me. Now the worst thing that can happen is that either Weir takes command again (don't mind her, but with the direction and storylines...wouldn't be a good idea) or they bring in someone completely new and that is a fine line to walk, having to yet again introduce a new important character to the show.

If they will change command, I'd want Caldwell. We all know him and would make that transition much smoother. However I have no idea about Mitch's situation atm, if he is availible for more apperances on SGA or not. But I'm still gonna say that Carter will be in command, just she will likely not be a regular and will be in maybe 8-12 eps. That amount would actually be enough for me, there is no need to have her around to listen and then say "you have a go" or something. The show is in the end about the actual team Sheppard/McKay/Teyla/Ronon....just like SG1 was about...SG1.

Comment

The episodes with the best ratings for this season were the ones with Weir in it.

I believe it was a mistake to take out Weir and giving us a one season special with Carter... Just what they did with Star Trek TNG and the two doctors (although I should be careful here cos I liked the season 2 CMO very much), but most people didn't and they changed it around again...

I hope it will happen on SGA, but I'm quite positive that it won't happen.
                        sigpic
                        "It's time to begin..."

Comment

that's a different topic, ask Joe

did they drop? no. are they steady? yes (btw are you comparing s4 and s3? because if you are, remember DVR, C3, rating points are worth more etc )

your opinion
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Livingstone View Post
                            The episodes with the best ratings for this season were the ones with Weir in it.
                            Not all of them. Some of the best ratings were ones she wasnt in as well.

I believe it was a mistake to take out Weir and giving us a one season special with Carter... Just what they did with Star Trek TNG and the two doctors (although I should be careful here cos I liked the season 2 CMO very much), but most people didn't and they changed it around again...
                            I disagree. Weir was never the best leader. She went back and forth from being a good leader to not so good. Also they wouldnt have known if Scifi would pick up Sanctuary at the time. Carter will remain as leader at least in season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              this does not need to turn into another Carter vs Weir.
                              Oh God, please be so kind.
                              sigpic

Comment

Let's see if we can NOT break into arguements about this.

What's happened has happened. And you can't change the past. And, honestly, expressing yourself here won't change the future. I'm willing to bet that plans were made and numbers verbally agreed on days/weeks ago. Today is likely just a matter of making things official and hitting the notary (or whatever the canadian equivalent is)

How about EVERYONE ramp down the passion a little and remember that this is a mixed thread, open to folks of any persuasion and temper your comments to NOT rile people up, bait them or do your best to rub thier faces in you 'winning' or 'losing'
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X