Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always try to remain spoiler free. The only thing I need to know about Season 5 is whether Amanda Tapping is going to be back.

Occasionally if I hear about a piece of news which I don't like then I'll check spoilers out just to mentally prepare myself before I see it on screen. Now thankfully with Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis nothing like this has ever happened which has required me to look at spoilers...

...Sorry! I tell a lie. Pete Shannhan. When I heard that this character was being introduced as Sam's beau in Season 7 I read every spoiler I could set my eyes on to prepare myself for this character (pure Sam/Jack 'shipper you see).

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      I always try to remain spoiler free. Occassionally if I hear about a piece of news which I don't like then I'll check spoilers out just to mentally prepare myself before I see it on screen. Now thankfully with Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis nothing like this has ever happened which has required me to look at spoilers...

...Sorry! I tell a lie. Pete Shannan. When I heard that this character was being introduced as Sam's beau I read every spoiler I could set my eyes on to prepare myself for this character (pure Sam/Jack 'shipper you see).
      I know what you mean on the Pete issue. I never truly hated him as he was a good character but I did not think he was right for Sam. I liked the friction he added to the show but was glad when he left.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
        Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        Anyone else going to do this ...I am.

i am amazed at how well Season 4 has done and i feel like i really want to be surprised for season 5

anyone else wanna join me ??
        *waves* I will. I found that knowing too much about the initial S4 eps lessened my enjoyment of them.
        I'm right there with you. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can put it together; that's why I always mute it at the end of new episodes when they show the promo piece for the next premiere. I hadn't seen Sunday yet, but I accidentally read that Carson would die there, and it took out a fair bit of the drama. The Atlantis wiki's list of episodes is bad this way too.

After a certain point, why do you even need to watch the episode if you know what's going to happen? Stay in the dark about it and enjoy the episode when it comes out.
        It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
        --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Same here. It never ruins an ep for me when I do anyway. In fact it usuall makes it that much better because they are usually way different than I expect.
          yeah and you know somehow I always forget about the spoilers once I finally watch the eps, so I don't really have much of a problem
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

i was pissed when some hot shot newbie posted the ethon spolier out in the open

granted i liked the episode but it took the surprise away
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              i was pissed when some hot shot newbie posted the ethon spolier out in the open

granted i liked the episode but it took the surprise away
              What was the surprise that was spoilt for you? Was it
              Spoiler:
              the destruction of Prometheus?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Opener View Post
                I'm right there with you. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can put it together; that's why I always mute it at the end of new episodes when they show the promo piece for the next premiere. I hadn't seen Sunday yet, but I accidentally read that Carson would die there, and it took out a fair bit of the drama. The Atlantis wiki's list of episodes is bad this way too.

After a certain point, why do you even need to watch the episode if you know what's going to happen? Stay in the dark about it and enjoy the episode when it comes out.
                You're more disciplined than me. I do watch the trailer at the end for next week's ep although I will admit that sometimes the ads themselves give away the big surprise (Michael: I'm a Wraith!). I do like knowing the basic concept of the next ep.

Quarantine spoiler
                Spoiler:
                I know the city is in lockdown.

Seriously, that's all I need to know. Now I will admit to knowing a bit more than that (unfortunately) which reduces the anticipation of the scenes. But I've tried to avoid promo pics and synopses to prevent overexposure. I felt like crying after Doppleganger since I had seen every dream (save one) in some trailer or promo vid. I felt like I had already seen the entire ep.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana
                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

I've been major spolier free all season. I don't even read the episode descriptions or watch ending credits. So far it's great, I wish more shows were really tight lipped, you might even suprise someone once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                    You're more disciplined than me. I do watch the trailer at the end for next week's ep although I will admit that sometimes the ads themselves give away the big surprise (Michael: I'm a Wraith!). I do like knowing the basic concept of the next ep.

Quarantine spoiler
                    Spoiler:
                    I know the city is in lockdown.

Seriously, that's all I need to know. Now I will admit to knowing a bit more than that (unfortunately) which reduces the anticipation of the scenes. But I've tried to avoid promo pics and synopses to prevent overexposure. I felt like crying after Doppleganger since I had seen every dream (save one) in some trailer or promo vid. I felt like I had already seen the entire ep.
                    Yeah, you could tell that about the next episode just from the first few seconds of the trailer. And trailers in general(movies and TV) these days give away waaaaaaaay to much of the plot in order to seem "edgy", or "cool" or some other godawfulness.

I think that my policy for trailers goes back to watching the original SG-1 show in season doses when I was catching up to it back in college. There wasn't any kind of need for spoilers because it would all come to you, which is still true for Atlantis. You just have to make sure not to read any spoilers in between the season finale and the premiere of S5.

This is not a jab against anyone on GW, and maybe it's just me, but I think generally a lot of people go for spoilers for TV and movies ahead of time to feel like they're "special" for knowing before most people, something that most people don't. Except that there are a lot of people who do the same thing. You can't be special for knowing something when a lot of people know the same thing.
                    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                    --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

well now we have a seasson 5 folder guess i should close my eyes
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I am usually spoiler lite, if not spoiler free. Makes the show more interesting for me.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                        O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Well, speaking as a Canadian viewer who watches SGA on our scifi channel "Space," it's really hard to remain spoiler free. They just started showing season three this January, so I'd heard the Carson rumours and seen Jewel at the "Spaceys" long before I'd seen Sunday. So, if Sci-Fi would kindly sell the episodes to Canada (and I imagine the UK viewers and beyond would echo this sentiment) sooner, fewer plot lines would be spoiled. They did it for the last season of SG1, why not all seasons of SGA?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                            Well, speaking as a Canadian viewer who watches SGA on our scifi channel "Space," it's really hard to remain spoiler free. They just started showing season three this January, so I'd heard the Carson rumours and seen Jewel at the "Spaceys" long before I'd seen Sunday. So, if Sci-Fi would kindly sell the episodes to Canada (and I imagine the UK viewers and beyond would echo this sentiment) sooner, fewer plot lines would be spoiled. They did it for the last season of SG1, why not all seasons of SGA?
                            I doubt many UK viewers are bothered, we get them days after SciFi shows them...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              I doubt many UK viewers are bothered, we get them days after SciFi shows them...
                              Lucky UK. Either way, the wait is frustrating and unfair.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'd really like to remain spoiler-free, but it seems almost impossible unless I never visit GW or any other Stargate-related site.

I felt the same way as Opener regarding Sunday. The episode and even the fact that Carson died had very little impact on me, and I feel it was ruined for me because I knew he was going to die for so long beforehand. I wanted to feel torn up and sad, but it just didn't come. I'm spoilerphobic for that reason, and I avoid them, but it was basically impossible to avoid learning that Carson was going to die, with the SCB campaign, completely spoilery thread titles, and (I believe, though I might be wrong) news posted right on the homepage of Gateworld.

It's the same thing with casting for season 5 now. I'd like to be surprised come the first episode of season 5, but already on the front page of GW and Stargate SG-1 Solutions they've broadcast that
                                Spoiler:
                                AT's not going to command Atlantis anymore
                                and I'm sure come Monday they'll broadcast
                                Spoiler:
                                who's taking her place.

It seems my only choice is just to cut myself off from anything Stargate-related on the internet, but that really sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X