This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    Hmmm. I can't imagine Weir being self-serving, not the Elizabeth we know. I can see her being evil, if she's controlled by the nanites. I could see her being self-serving if she were a replicator. But I think the Real Weir would always have Atlantis' best interests in mind.
    So, by "Real Weir", are we referring to Weir as herself, or just the Real Weir in general? Because I think of Real Weir as opposed to a clone or replicator version of Weir. You see, I would see her being self-serving, not "evil", if one, the nanites merely alter her thinking, or two, if she, controlled by the nanites, want to ascend.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
      So, by "Real Weir", are we referring to Weir as herself, or just the Real Weir in general? Because I think of Real Weir as opposed to a clone or replicator version of Weir. You see, I would see her being self-serving, not "evil", if one, the nanites merely alter her thinking, or two, if she, controlled by the nanites, want to ascend.
      No, that's what I was meaning by Real Weir.

Umm. I suppose I can see what you're saying. I suppose I was thinking either she's being controlled (in which case she's an enemy) or she's not (in which case she's an ally). But I suppose the rebel group of replicators could also be controlling her to help them to ascend, which wouldn't directly effect Atlantis.

Except - if the Replicators do ascend - then what? Do they just join with the other Ascended, or do they become the new Ori, seeking vengeance on their creators on a whole new playing field?

Guess that's a question for another thread though.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Ok I posted this in the other thread from Joe M's blog...

Judith writes: “1.How come the replicator ship with Weir in it didnt show up on the cheese grater thingy that showed all the ships,why didnt they check to make sure they got all of them.

Answers: 1) Given who these replicators are, there’s a very strong possibility that the rogue faction that gave our team the “cheese grater thingy”, made them aware of the fact which allowed them to take preventative action.
        Makes you wonder if the Real Weir is alive.
        sigpic

Comment

I said full time new role only because I think at this point it is just unrealistic for her to go back to her old job. I think she's reached a point of no return with that, her job that is, not the show in general. I wish you could put all these into an order of preference instead of just picking one.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
            No, that's what I was meaning by Real Weir.

Umm. I suppose I can see what you're saying. I suppose I was thinking either she's being controlled (in which case she's an enemy) or she's not (in which case she's an ally). But I suppose the rebel group of replicators could also be controlling her to help them to ascend, which wouldn't directly effect Atlantis.

Except - if the Replicators do ascend - then what? Do they just join with the other Ascended, or do they become the new Ori, seeking vengeance on their creators on a whole new playing field?

Guess that's a question for another thread though.
            We'll have to wait and see.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

If we have the real Weir then TPTB are back to the problem thay had in S1-3, and I highly doubt that Weir will never get her old job back. Making her evil would just be a reuse of RepliCarter. I don't know if I call it evil, but I want a gray Weir that will do what is in her best interest with about 5 episodes.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I've voted real Weir (I'm assuming with nanites) back full time with different role. At least with a new role she has potential to be more action and field base character. After Bamsr its to much of a waste to have her doing admin work again. At least she's still playing leader role just not with the human side. And now with the knowledges and power she has at her disposal it'll be very interesting how it plays out.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  If we have the real Weir then TPTB are back to the problem thay had in S1-3, and I highly doubt that Weir will never get her old job back. Making her evil would just be a reuse of RepliCarter. I don't know if I call it evil, but I want a gray Weir that will do what is in her best interest with about 5 episodes.
                  I say for Season 5 she'll be in a bunch of eps. She won't be evil but will have a mission and goal. She'll cross paths with Atlantis many times. In the end she will ascend, and if we see a Season 6 pickup she'll return full-time.
                  sigpic

Comment

I honestly can't really pick one choice either. When we next see Weir, it must be the real Weir; we've already been there and done that with the clones/duplicates. It's time to bring the original back. Ideally, I want the real Weir back, full time. But that's probably not going to happen. At the very least, I want her to have a much more significant recurring role than the paltry four episodes (which were really only two and a half since she was unconcious through most of one and only in about 30 seconds of another) that she had this season. I want her to be good, though I wouldn't mind seeing Weir temporarily evil or obsessed with her own agenda (controlled by nanites on a rampage, corrupted/driven insane by Oberoth before he got zapped, lingering echoes of Niam whispering in her ear, etc.), as long as she is ultimately restored to her true self and reunited with her friends in Atlantis.

I want to see her deal with what has happened to her. None of this "oh, it happened between episodes" cr*p like we got with Daniel after he returned from being Ascended. No matter what happened to her, how she may have gotten away from Oberoth and joined up with her own merry band of renegades, the experience will have changed her. Even if she is restored to 100% human (which she can be, based on McKay's continuing work with the nanites in "Miller's Crossing"), she will never be quite the same as she was prior to "First Strike." There will be emotional and mental scars, and I want to see that acknowledged on screen in a meaningful way, not shoved under the rug.

I'm not sure I want to see her with her old job back. If she's restored to fully human, the IOA and Stargate Command wouldn't really have any grounds to object to her having her old job back, as she would no longer be compromised... but would she want the job back? After all the grief the IOA gave her in Seasons 2 and 3, would she really want to go back to that daily grind? And really, in some ways, she was wasted in an administrative job. When the character was first introduced, so much was made of her diplomatic skills, her gift with languages, etc., yet in three seasons, we barely got to see that part of her in action. Those skills could be put to far better use in the field. Perhaps not as a permanent member of any specific off-world team (so she could go out with Sheppard's team, or Lorne's, or another team), but maybe as an at-large expert that would accompany a team when the mission required her particular skill set. Or maybe I just want to see Torri in leather and the tac gear more often.
                    Last edited by Scary Kitty; 10 January 2008, 08:51 PM. Reason: correcting spelling
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I want the real Weir turned evil because of the nanites, but she'll turn good by the end (after an intense inner struggles against those little buggers; mind over matter, as it were, ala TRW). I guess the best one would be...

Evil (Recurring): 4-6 episodes

Comment

Ow the poll is somewhat confusing, but I voted "good, full time, with new job". I'd like to see her back, all the time, because I miss her deeply this season and I want to see how the replicator experience changed her - because it would be illogical and totally unrealistic if this experience didn't change her. Old job or new job? I say give her something new and important to do. She deserves it, the character has potential, and let us see how the rest of the team and expedition deals with that; how does she deal with her new position? That's great for character development, possible conflictes and so on.

One more thing, I'd hate to see her as an evil character. That would be turning her inside out and making her something she isn't. I love this show because of her and everything she stands for in seasons 1 through 3; and those are good things. I'd hate to see that taken away from her.

Bring us back the real, good Weir!
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Hmmmm, this was a difficult choice for me. I'd like Weir back to conclude her storyline, because I hate loose ends and am interested to see what happens, and I know she will be back. I'm hoping for about 4 episodes or so, and there wasn't that option (Not that I expected there to be, because what I'd like to see is not a straight sort of option really).

4-6 is too many for me, because I think her storyline could take up too much time then, and perhaps get boring. I'd also be unhappy if it dominated the season too much.

So, I went for 1-3, expecting we'll get 4 or so, and I want her to be sort of grey. Not out and out evil per se, but maybe striving for something but not caring how she gets it. So, she's not all bad, but not good either.

So, obviously there wasn't that choice, so, after consideration, I went for evil. But, I don't mean mahwawahaha evil - I mean not an ally. I want someone who's going to be a thorn in the expedition's side. I can't see how a 'good' Weir could really be an ally without it being boring. If Weir and her faction are helping with the battle against the wraith, how can that be interesting in the long run? There has to be something in her and her faction's actions which cause problems for the team for the story to have meaning and interest for me.

I can't ever see Weir back full time in any position. I can't see her back for a large number of episodes recurring either. I also can't see her in a new role other than as RepliWeir, (even though I believe this is what was originally our Weir), and certainly don't anticipate she could ever be a member of the team. That will stay at the present four, I believe.

So, I'm going to 1-3, evil, though that's not exactly what I'm thinking we'll see, or exactly what I want!
                          sigpic

Comment

I voted for the real Weir, full time, but with a different job. Mind you, that is what I would want, I don't think that's what we are going to get...
                            sigpic
                            "It's time to begin..."

Comment

Originally posted by Livingstone View Post
                              I voted for the real Weir, full time, but with a different job. Mind you, that is what I would want, I don't think that's what we are going to get...
                              Too difficult for the writers to handle, but great for fan fiction which is lately better than the show itself.
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I chose Real Weir (Full time): Old Job. The new role is stupid and ridiculous! What do you mean by good (Full time): Old Job? A replicator running Atlantis?!! I think some people might misunderstand and vote for that by mistake.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X