This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
    Sheppard is being shown in command this season. He is being shown as being a relative equal of and respected by Carter. That is what I want to see, a believable serious, competent, respected Sheppard. We always knew he did his job well. Now we get to see it.
    He is also labeled as the commanding officer in Tabula Rasa.

I don't think his relationship with Weir hurt him in the eyes of his men, but I do think Carter relates to him better on a professional level.

I can certainly envision Weir being a part of the expedition, but I'm not interested in seeing her lead it again. If she were going to return full-time, I would rather see her use the skills that make her unique: negotiation and languages.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana
    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
      He is also labeled as the commanding officer in Tabula Rasa.
      That’s true. I didn’t think of that. He would be, of course, he outranks everyone but Carter. If Atlantis has truly been militarized, and they haven’t said that either, then his position as second-in-command is even more concrete.
      I don't think his relationship with Weir hurt him in the eyes of his men, but I do think Carter relates to him better on a professional level.
      I don’t think it hurt him in the eyes of his men. I think he was always their respected commander. I always knew he was in command, but, I think it was a side of him that we rarely actually got to see portrayed. Carter relates to him more as a professional equal than Weir did.
      I can certainly envision Weir being a part of the expedition, but I'm not interested in seeing her lead it again. If she were going to return full-time, I would rather see her use the skills that make her unique: negotiation and languages.
      I agree. But I can never see her as a member of Sheppard’s team either. That is too far out of character even given that she could come back with replicator skills.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
        Real WeirGood WeirFull-TimeOld JobOld Role - I definitely agree with others who mention that, given the right circumstances (inert nanites, removal of nanites), Elizabeth should not be a security risk.?* Others have been comprised and are not in questionable status.?* TPTB could find a way to resolve Elizabeth's situation as well.
        It doesn't make sense storywise. Its a bigger deal if Weir is captured over Sheppard. Its her decsion on what happens to the city and her mind has most likely been influenced by the Asurans. Other people also have not been captured by the enemy as long as Weir.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          It doesn't make sense storywise. Its a bigger deal if Weir is captured over Sheppard. Its her decsion on what happens to the city and her mind has most likely been influenced by the Asurans. Other people also have not been captured by the enemy as long as Weir.
          Exactly. It would make no sense what so ever to bring her back like that. I hate when shows jumble things up to make things "back to normal" so to speak to appease certain fans. Leave the storyline as it is and bring her back for a few eps works just fine IMO.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

spoiler for Spoils of War:

Spoiler:
            If Teyla can control a Wraith queen and not have anyone concerned that she isn't compromising Atlantis

Then Elizabeth and her nanites shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post

Spoiler:
              If Teyla can control a Wraith queen and not have anyone concerned that she isn't compromising Atlantis

Except she can only be a risk if she connects to another Wraith then that one can connect to her. With Elizabeth her nanintes have taken her over already any essence of the old Weir is gone, so no it wouldnt work.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                With Elizabeth her nanintes have taken her over already any essence of the old Weir is gone, so no it wouldnt work.
                Except in the magic of sci-fi
                sigpic

Comment

I'd more or less like to see a confused Weir. One that is on the wrong side and through the Atlantis team's help find her way. A character that can serve as both an enemy and an ally.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Except she can only be a risk if she connects to another Wraith then that one can connect to her. With Elizabeth her nanintes have taken her over already any essence of the old Weir is gone, so no it wouldnt work.
                    You have no proof that the nanites have taken over Weir's essence and that the old Weir is gone.

So yea, it could work.

Comment

Is theer a proof that a Wraith can't connect to Teyla? i don't think so. This is science fiction. Anything can be done if the almighty writers and producers want it.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Hm I might pick old job because then carter could do science stuff rather than be leader.
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree that we don't know for certain that Elizabeth has been taken over by the nanites. They might be what is keeping her alive, physically, but we have no idea if they've taken over her ability to think, reason, analyze, feel, act independently, etc. They might have, but we don't know that they have. She has exerted more control and influence over them than what was previously thought possible (IMO) so, who knows what her potential is in this circumstance?

We're all just speculating on how she could return in S5. Considering no cast announcements have been made and no episodes have started filming yet, it's anybody's guess what TPTB will do with this character.

I understand there are SGA fans who either don't want her back or can only tolerate a few episodes with her and I also understand they will always find reasons why anything else just wouldn't work.

I may not understand how they can think or feel the way they do, but they are speculating right now just as much as those of us Weir fans who DO want her back, for more than a handful of episodes. We're all just stating what we want to see happen.
                          sigpic
                          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Spoiler:

Also remember in 'Michael' when Michael had no problem whatsoever in taking control of her and making her untie him. She didn't connect to him and he was still able to do it. It seems any wraith can take control of her anytime they feel like it. She shouldn't be allowed to work with Shep's team, it's a fact. How much bigger security risk than that can you get? The enemy is in control of her in a snap of one's fingers. If you (the general 'you') can suspend your belief in regards to Teyla then you should have no problem doing that with Elizabeth as well if you'd need to.
                            Last edited by Celcool; 14 January 2008, 12:43 PM.
                            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

You have no proof that the nanites have taken over Weir's essence and that the old Weir is gone.

So yea, it could work.
                              and you have no proof that the old Weir's still alive and her essence hasn't been taken over by nanites nobody knows, we'll have to wait for Weir's next ep in s5 (IF TH returns)
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                and you have no proof that the old Weir's still alive and her essence hasn't been taken over by nanites nobody knows, we'll have to wait for Weir's next ep in s5 (IF TH returns)
                                That's what I was saying. I was objecting to Mitchell82's post which stated that
                                No one can say either way so saying something wouldn't work at this point is premature.

Comment

Working...
                                X