Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that Daniel has some interaction with the wraith, i think that would be really interesting. As to his ability to offer things to atlantis, i think theres too much to really go in to, his expertise in alien and human cultures is beyond anyone's and his ability to read and speak ancient likely surpasses others who have learned it mainly from his translations. Also now that the military is moving in, and wier gone, there is less interest with cultural exploration than there had been in the past, daniel might bring some of that back.

As to the idea that there could have been other cityships, remember when daniel was asking morgan about the earliest lantian cities, she mentioned proclarous, and they left when they learned their sun was nearing the end of its life. Well in TLC proclarous was dead by a million years or more, what if these ancients left after the lantians, and crash landed in pegasus...
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Oh yeah. And Carter used the beaming technology to be with Jack in SGC.
      Of course she did.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKayP View Post
        I guess that will have to be left to the fans' imaginations, since, after all, Mallozzi did say that if Atlantis did have an archeaologist, that person wouldn't be seen but part-time.

Most of my points were just to show that Daniel can and does fit well into the Atlantis universe, even if we'll never get to see it on the screen.

There are many ways to re-introduce the character into the show, but it does appear that he'll have something to do with the new enemy. I'm just hoping that he's not the one to stumble on them like he did with the Ori.
        i'd like to see Daniel as a villain. he discovers something cool...that turns him bad. very bad. and someone from the atlantis team gets turned bad too. ronon would kick ass if he's a bad guy. imagine daniel and ronon as bad guys vs. atlantis team. through this they somehow "create/find/make" new enemies. than daniel heads off to somewhere yada yada yada...and ronon overcomes the bad influence.

Originally posted by DeeKayP View Post
        We have a few hints at how he'll be used in his "so far" two episodes: Daniel and McKay have speed-speak interaction and there's a New Enemy. Daniel usually talks fast when he's excited about some kind of discovery and goes on about its significance (I still get a kick out his opening scene in "Morpheus" from Season Ten when his teammates stare back at him after some of his excited babbling, and Carter says, "And you say I'm hard to understand."). McKay's the same way -- he'll "praddle on" with excitement and his team is left just staring at him. For both of those to be excited like this together seems to indicate that they've made some great discovery that Daniel sees as having some historical significance and at the same time, McKay sees as having technological significance. McKay would get very excited over a new energy source, perhaps?

And, I'm wondering how advanced this New Enemy really is. I hope they're not ascended, but I do hope that there is an Ancient tie-in. The Ancients built their powerful weapons for some reason (even in the Milky Way before even coming to the Pegasus Galaxy). I don't think that all of their weapons were meant to oppose the Ori.
        the other possibility is daniel and rondey turned bad. they'd rock together. mckay would be more like the one from mckay and mrs miller and daniel was just great in absolute power. that was the best ep ever.

though i'm concerned lately with were atlantis is going. regardless of what kind of an enemy we're up against we always win. without any substantial losses. it's like yeah some bad aliens are gonna kick our sorry asses but who cares, we'll prevail. they don't seem to care, and there is always the famous sentence "we MIGHT be able to..." i hated that with carter and i hate it with mckay. things don't always turn out for the best.

why can't there be a scifi show that can keep the scifi and reality together. in atlantis we never see any personal feelings expressed by characters. they kill enemies by hundreds and they don't even blink. they're like yeah whatever.

i'd only expect/understand that kind of behavior from ronon since he was on the run from the wraith for almost a decade and his love of the life was killed. his character should be much more deadly than he is.

they should try to join the scifi with 24 i guess. that show portrays this feelings very good. jack really puts himself out there and sacrifices everything. he kills with no hesitation but regrets it later. he is sorry that he had to do all the killing. when his emotions get hurt, he shows it very well. and when someone from ctu gets killed you actually feel sorry. there is a lot of dilemma, morality and guilt in that show. scifi shows should really get some of that. in scifi kind of way of course.

look at episodes like harmony. shep kills three Genii with one shot. how the hell... but it unnerves me that he doesn't mind. he is sort of proud of the killing. he brags to mckay about the shot he made. wtf is that...?? person who does that is not well adjusted.

and when mckay is faced with impossible, he never fails. his hands never shake for a second. he doesn't even sweat when he tries to stop the destruction. he never takes a deep breath or tries to calm down. etc.

i'll stop b.itching about the show now. everything i mentioned was probably discussed on more than one occaison. so, sorry for the long post. i hope anyone will care to read it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
          ...look at episodes like harmony. shep kills three Genii with one shot. how the hell... but it unnerves me that he doesn't mind. he is sort of proud of the killing. he brags to mckay about the shot he made. wtf is that...?? person who does that is not well adjusted. ..
          I don't mind reading long posts! And while I can agree with some of the points you made, I don't believe many have ever claimed Shep was particularly "well adjusted..."
          (and I love him anyway!)
          Last edited by Lythisrose; 07 February 2008, 02:21 PM. Reason: bad speller
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
            I don't mind reading long posts! And while I can agree with some of the points you made, I don't believe many have ever claimed Shep was particularly "well adjusted..."
            (and I love him anyway!)
            true, but still...
            sigpic

Comment

With the news of Woolsey now stinking up the place on a weekly basis,
              I sure hope Dr. Jackson shows up a lot to give the fans a reason to watch.
              All the SG1 characters should show up at least once to do they're part
              in saving the Stargate Atlantis show, ratings wise that is.
              -Scott

Comment

Originally posted by matthewscott614 View Post
                I don't think Woolsey is going to hurt this show.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewscott614 View Post
                  Daniel making an appearence in S5 is going to be a highlight for fans of both shows...

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  I don't think Woolsey is going to hurt this show.
                  ...I agree, Woolsey IMO isn't going to do damage to SGA by taking command of Atlantis...

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                    Daniel making an appearence in S5 is going to be a highlight for fans of both shows...
                    definitely! especially since it's supposed to be a big two-parter

...I agree, Woolsey IMO isn't going to do damage to SGA by taking command of Atlantis...
                    agreed. he'll add a new and interesting dynamic to the show
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      definitely! especially since it's supposed to be a big two-parter
                      Yeah I'm really happy about that, it's fantastic MS was willing/able to make such an appearence... It will no doubt be a great 2 part story, I can't wait to find out more about it

Comment

Yeah I'm really happy about that, it's fantastic MS was willing/able to make such an appearence... It will no doubt be a great 2 part story, I can't wait to find out more about it
                        same here. it's probably the mid-season two-parter
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          same here. it's probably the mid-season two-parter
                          Yeah, that's what I was thinking... if it is then TPTB will definately write a really good story to span the two eps plus a nice cliff hanger for the break

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... if it is then TPTB will definately write a really good story to span the two eps plus a nice cliff hanger for the break
                            yes I think they will, it's gonna be really interesting. right now I'm just glad to see MS again
                            sigpic

Comment

I just hope we do not see Daniel until the end of the episode & the big OMG moment is Daniel on Atlantis. Then that really would not be a two parter in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
                                I just hope we do not see Daniel until the end of the episode & the big OMG moment is Daniel on Atlantis. Then that really would not be a two parter in my eyes.
                                I don't think so. if Joe says he'll be in two eps then that's how it's gonna be imo. besides it'd be a waste to bring him over for only one ep
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X