Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what i always liked about B5 and to a lesser extent in the early seasons of sg1 was a continuing storyline. B5 is VERY tightly knit and SG1 much looser so, however it is fun and almost a 'reward' to long time viewers to bring back older plot points and tie them in.

to me it creates almost a tapestry effect.

I much prefer that over 90% bottle/episodic episodes with no build up and no fallout

so for that i am looking forward to more plot arcs for s5. more long and continuing stories and more fallout and the like from what does happen to the characters
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      I agree! Season 3 and 4 so far have been great! Keep it up! I am hoping for a Season 6, 7 and so on if it stays this good!
      To use the sacred line:

Indeed.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm still a bit gutted that they decided to land on a new planet in lifeline. They could have done something genuinely different this series, and had them hurtling through space without any contact with Earth. Given the show a much edgier feel. As it is, they have landed on a planet, that for all intents and purposes, is identical to the last one. I am still hoping that there will be some episodes featuring some major differences (for example, I like the idea of the planet having very long and cold winters).

Comment

I agree! Season 3 and 4 so far have been great! Keep it up! I am hoping for a Season 6, 7 and so on if it stays this good!
          I may be to much of an optimist but if the ratings stay the same, a S6?* could be a realistic possibility.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            what i always liked about B5 and to a lesser extent in the early seasons of sg1 was a continuing storyline. B5 is VERY tightly knit and SG1 much looser so, however it is fun and almost a 'reward' to long time viewers to bring back older plot points and tie them in.

to me it creates almost a tapestry effect.

I much prefer that over 90% bottle/episodic episodes with no build up and no fallout

so for that i am looking forward to more plot arcs for s5. more long and continuing stories and more fallout and the like from what does happen to the characters
            I agree, more plot arcs would be a great. I wouldn't compare Atlantis with B5 though. that show was awesome but it almost got cancelled every season because of its continuing plot. Atlantis on the other hand can have much more in between eps that casual viewer can enjoy too. we've already seen the beginnings of some of the s4 arcs and judging by those, I really hope this is the way they'll continue in s5
            Last edited by Jumper_One; 16 November 2007, 09:40 AM.
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think Season 7 was one of the best seasons of SG-1 even if RDA's role was reduced, he was there for the key parts when it counted.
              Don't you mean season 8? I mean O'Neill was very much front and center during season 7.

DJ returning was handled so well that it made, IMO the show more powerful and better actually.
              Yes, his return may have been handled well... But the kicking JQ out of the SGC was done badly.

They can't just start bringing everyone back.
              I guess I have to clarify here, that even though my signature says "Pro Heightmeyer in season 5", I don't necessarily want her to return. Want to get that out of the way here.

Beckett went boom, he'll be back. Grodin went boom, he remained dead. Ford is presumble KIA, and will probably never be seen again. Weir is MIA and will probably go KIA. Kate is KIA (well not really, just bad luck).

I don't really see the issue of bringing characters back constantly... or am I missing the point here? Probably.

Originally posted by Bakhesh View Post
              As it is, they have landed on a planet, that for all intents and purposes, is identical to the last one.
              Except for the creature Rodney mentioned, which I'm hoping we get to see some time. Probably not, it will be like the Furlings. Just a plot device. The Botany-team has been to the main land and there was no mention of the creature at all.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Don't you mean season 8? I mean O'Neill was very much front and center during season 7.

Yes, his return may have been handled well... But the kicking JQ out of the SGC was done badly.

I guess I have to clarify here, that even though my signature says "Pro Heightmeyer in season 5", I don't necessarily want her to return. Want to get that out of the way here.

Beckett went boom, he'll be back. Grodin went boom, he remained dead. Ford is presumble KIA, and will probably never be seen again. Weir is MIA and will probably go KIA. Kate is KIA (well not really, just bad luck).

I don't really see the issue of bringing characters back constantly... or am I missing the point here? Probably.
                Actually I think O'neill was more focused in S8 since he took over the SGC. Half the season was his transition and adjustment in his new position. S7 he seemed to be missing in more scenes than usual. Well it was all made up in Lost City! Which is still one of my favorite SG-1 eps of all time!

I was posting this on the SCI FI SGA forum. I think we should see one fallen/lost character return. It gives a feeling of happiness or satisfaction that someone's favorite character is still kicking. When I mean return I mean like at least a recurring role.

Carson's death was a sad excuse, but I give props to the writer who made the episode very powerful.
                sigpic

Comment

I think we should see one fallen/lost character return. It gives a feeling of happiness or satisfaction that someone's favorite character is still kicking. When I mean return I mean like at least a recurring role.
                  Personally, it leaves a bitter taste... Why would you go through all the trouble of killing the character in the first place, when you want to bring them back later on.

I don't give a damn whose favorite character it would happen to (not even if it were my own). It makes no sense.

Anyway, season 5 ideas... It think I have said it already, don't make it a season 4 redux.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Two ideas for Season 5 :

* Good stories ( and please don't recycle old SG-1 foes... )

* Stop the main characters massacre ! No more bloodshed !

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
                      Two ideas for Season 5 :

So that means no advanced Human foes (shadows of the Aschen), No none carbon based aliens (the race in Scorched Earth, Cold Lazerus and Doppleganger), No Robots (Tin Man and the Replicators), No ascended enemy's (the Ori), No defending primitive human tribes (they did that all the time on SG1).

Need I go on? don't mean to be insulting but any story in this kind of sci-fi and you can say but that's a take off of x,y and z.
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I think Season 7 was one of the best seasons of SG-1 even if RDA's role was reduced, he was there for the key parts when it counted.

Anyway, as per SGA. I feel if one character returns from the grave or whatever then it will be fine. DJ returning was handled so well that it made, IMO the show more powerful and better actually. They can't just start bringing everyone back. I am having bad vibes for one of my favorite characters for the mid-season episodes. I hope I am wrong, we just have to wait and see.

But yeah I agree they need to follow the same formula and keep things real but also on a Science Fiction level as well. Um does that make any sense?
                        Agreed. Bringing Ford back for a bit is the one thing I'd like just to get the story line resolved. It likely won't happen but it'd be nice. Having Weir or Carson return would be fine for a few eps too if and I stress if it made sense to the story however we really don't know "What Fate Weir" after BAMSR.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Two ideas for Season 5 :

* Stop the main characters massacre ! No more bloodshed !
                          Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                          So that means no advanced Human foes (shadows of the Aschen), No none carbon based aliens (the race in Scorched Earth, Cold Lazerus and Doppleganger), No Robots (Tin Man and the Replicators), No ascended enemy's (the Ori), No defending primitive human tribes (they did that all the time on SG1).

Need I go on? don't mean to be insulting but any story in this kind of sci-fi and you can say but that's a take off of x,y and z.
                          What I meant with bringing back old SG-1 foes was : Don't resurrect the Goa'uld and don't bring the Ori to Atlantis.

Atlantis used to have their own enemies : The Wraith. Can't we have original enemies ???

And about the bloodshed ? I meant stop killing off the main characters ( Beckett, etc. )

I hope that's clear enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            Agreed. Bringing Ford back for a bit is the one thing I'd like just to get the story line resolved. It likely won't happen but it'd be nice. Having Weir or Carson return would be fine for a few eps too if and I stress if it made sense to the story however we really don't know "What Fate Weir" after BAMSR.
                            Right now I am so anticipating what will happen to Weir and the fate of Carson. I'd rather not be spoiled but sometimes people post speculation but it's really spoilers. Gotta be careful!
                            sigpic

Comment

What I meant with bringing back old SG-1 foes was : Don't resurrect the Goa'uld and don't bring the Ori to Atlantis.

Atlantis used to have their own enemies : The Wraith. Can't we have original enemies ???
                              I take it that your talking about the Asurans. The Asurans are different then the Replicators. They fight and function entirely different than the MW Replicators. They in no way are a reuse of a SG-1. They are similiar but in no way a reuse of an SG-1 enemy. The Asurans are an Atlantis enemy on its own.
                              Last edited by jelgate; 21 November 2007, 06:55 AM.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Another original enemies of Atlantis are
                                Spoiler:
                                Michael and his Superbugs. ( I don't know how else to call them...) It's going to be pretty interesting to see them in action again.

Comment

Working...
                                X