Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 5 episode tidbits/discussion/speculation (potential spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
    maybe it'll be in "the prodigal"? it's bad enough they cut the sword fight scenes in BT, which apparently are really good.
    or The Queen
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
      maybe it'll be in "the prodigal"? it's bad enough they cut the sword fight scenes in BT, which apparently are really good.
      No, I just found something else that suggests it was supposed to be in GitM. And apparently got cut, since we didn't see it. The MGM interview with RL said that just after she finished talking to them she was headed to film a "classic Teyla-style fight", and someone said that apparently that interview was done during the filming of GitM? (which was around the first week in April, according to JM's blog)

Maybe someone can confirm or deny? Right now I'm thinking the scene didn't make it.
      Last edited by Killdeer; 04 September 2008, 07:54 PM.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        No, I just found something else that suggests it was supposed to be in GitM. And apparently got cut, since we didn't see it. The MGM interview with RL said that just after she finished talking to them she was headed to film a "classic Teyla-style fight", and someone said that apparently that interview was done during the filming of GitM? (which was around the first week in April, according to JM's blog)

Maybe someone can confirm or deny? Right now I'm thinking the scene didn't make it.
        I think it was supposed to be in GitM too. Just to muddy the waters a bit more, JM at one point said GitM would be a good episode for Teyla fans. I really didn't see anything oustanding for her in the episode (or Ronon either) so it kind of makes sense that to give them something to do, they had a sparring scene.

Well, there's one way to find out...
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
          I think it was supposed to be in GitM too. Just to muddy the waters a bit more, JM at one point said GitM would be a good episode for Teyla fans. I really didn't see anything oustanding for her in the episode (or Ronon either) so it kind of makes sense that to give them something to do, they had a sparring scene.
          Well, he said that about The Shrine too, and Teyla had almost nothing to do in that episode. It makes me wonder if maybe there was a Teyla/Rodney scene that got cut from The Shrine. Zelenka's scenes were cut after all. BW called it a character study for "practically everyone in the cast", and JM said that Teyla fans should enjoy it - but then she turns out to pretty much be in the background for most of the episode. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that maybe she did have some scenes in The Shrine that just got cut out. It's just a theory though - I don't have any evidence other than BW's and JM's comments.

I do think the sparring scene is probably a goner - the more I think about it, the more I seem to remember some discussion way back when about it being in GitM. But I could be dreaming that, and maybe it'll still show up somewhere though - at the beginning of Tracker or something.
          Last edited by Killdeer; 04 September 2008, 10:27 PM.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Well, he said that about The Shrine too, and Teyla had almost nothing to do in that episode. It makes me wonder if maybe there was a Teyla/Rodney scene that got cut from The Shrine. Zelenka's scenes were cut after all.
            Really? I'd like to read some of these initial drafts. Is it just me or have a lot of scenes been cut this year?

I left JM a question about the sparring scene. He probably won't answer, but it's worth a shot.
            sigpic
            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              I left JM a question about the sparring scene. He probably won't answer, but it's worth a shot.
              Oh good - hopefully he will. I've seen a few people ask him what he meant about Teyla and The Shrine, but so far he hasn't answered any of those questions.
              - Life after Stargate -
              sigpic

Comment

Er, woopsie... I decided to go ask about the sparring scene too, and then I saw on here that it was just asked too...

Ah well, if he doesn't answer the other questions, maybe the more the merrier?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Oh good - hopefully he will. I've seen a few people ask him what he meant about Teyla and The Shrine, but so far he hasn't answered any of those questions.
                  I went onto the blog of doom and asked what he was going on about Teyla fans enjoying the shrine She was practically invisible so what possessed him to say that....Maybe he thinks we like watching all of five seconds of Teyla...

I guess if it doesn't revolve around a certain someone he's not interested
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    I went onto the blog of doom and asked what he was going on about Teyla fans enjoying the shrine She was practically invisible so what possessed him to say that....Maybe he thinks we like watching all of five seconds of Teyla...
                    My suspicion - though I could be wrong - is that there were some Teyla scenes filmed that ended up getting cut from the episode after JM said that. Because we also were told that there were some good Rodney/Zelenka scenes, and I don't even remember seeing Zelenka in The Shrine (I know there is one scene where he walks past or something, but I keep missing it somehow). And JM did say those scenes got cut, so maybe the same happened with Teyla's scenes? I'm curious to know if that's the case, as well as whether the Ronon/Teyla sparring scene did indeed get cut from GitM.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    sigpic

Comment

My suspicion - though I could be wrong - is that there were some Teyla scenes filmed that ended up getting cut from the episode after JM said that. Because we also were told that there were some good Rodney/Zelenka scenes, and I don't even remember seeing Zelenka in The Shrine (I know there is one scene where he walks past or something, but I keep missing it somehow). And JM did say those scenes got cut, so maybe the same happened with Teyla's scenes? I'm curious to know if that's the case, as well as whether the Ronon/Teyla sparring scene did indeed get cut from GitM.
                      Teyla had little to do in The shrine as it was so he could have cut a bit of Rodney making the video or a bit of Keller....But i guess Teyla always draws the short straw

JM doesn't seem interested in easing our minds when it comes to Teyla..I guess he's only interested in a couple of characters!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        Teyla had little to do in The shrine as it was so he could have cut a bit of Rodney making the video or a bit of Keller....But i guess Teyla always draws the short straw

JM doesn't seem interested in easing our minds when it comes to Teyla..I guess he's only interested in a couple of characters!
                        To be fair The Shrine wasn't about Teyla and I don't think she was invisible in it at all.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Watch people complain when The Queen isn't about Rodney or Shep!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            To be fair The Shrine wasn't about Teyla and I don't think she was invisible in it at all.
                            I know it wasn't but it's not just thins ep...The only eps you usually see Teyla have a significant contribution now is her token ep for the season then she goes back to being in the background...Two eps in a row she's barely been there and from what i read about whispers it isn't looking promising here either and if that's the case it'll be three eps in a row!

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                            Watch people complain when The Queen isn't about Rodney or Shep!
                            You mean for once it won't be about them!
                            sigpic

Comment

G'night, crazy person.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post

G'night, crazy person.
                                G'night equally crazy person
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...