This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    As much as I'd love to see him back full time only if they can find a way to accomidate both Carson and Keller.
    I actually think that having both of them on the show would be great and also convincing. To my mind Keller would make a wonderful progeny to Carson. There is absolutely no need to dump either of the two. The writers just have to get their wits together and integrate both characters. I think there is plenty of room for two doctors. Why not have Keller actually learn something from Beckett. I think he would be a fantastic mentor. And to be honest, the character of Keller could use one (no offense).

We must also keep in mind that depending on the way they want to bring Beckett back into the show that maybe he's not willing or able to retake his position as CMO but has to look for other ways of finding a place among the expedition again. And having him get back to normal without any repercussions for the character (like one day he returns and the very next day he assumes his duties again, acting like he hadn't been away for at least a year) would simply be LAME. There has to be some kind of development. This of course doesn't mean he can't be an important part of the team.

I certainly don't want them to boot Jewel Staite but if it was an either or decision I'd choose Beckett over Keller any day because they shouldn't have axed both the character and actor so mercilessly in the first place. Therefore my predominant loyalty lies with Carson.

But it's not only that, in my humble opinion Beckett was the better character, not a stereotype and "usual" genius. Carson Beckett has caught my attention (and not from a female point of view) within mere seconds. He was a wonderful, original character, especially for a male. It was really a refreshing difference to the more often than not average and stereotypical characters one comes across on TV. This, plus Paul McGillions's heartwarming performance, was what won Beckett so many fans. And I simply don't think the character of Keller is filling the shoes of her predecessor, much less would be considered an improvement. What I have seen of her so far, hasn't impressed me and definitely not caught my attention. Maybe her character will develop further and I actually start to really care for her but this hasn't happed up to now. As I mentioned in some other threads before, TPTB should have had the decency to make Keller a really unique character of her own by being refreshingly different from Carson. Leaving aside her insecurity, which clearly bothers me because they wouldn't have appointed her CMO if she wasn't able to get over that, Keller is mostly just a shadow of Beckett's character. I think Ms. Staite is simply misused to attract more viewers through her outward appearance and the fact that she is of roughly the same age as their most valued audience, which is IMO very unfair to Jewel Staite as well.
    twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
    sigpic

Comment

They could easily do that, similar to how Zelenka and Mckay are both major scientists.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
        ^

Amen my sista!!!

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!

And keep an eye out for any campaign updates, cause it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.
        Amen sistas! I'm so very proud of your intelligence, passion, determination, loyalty, and hard work. Paul McGillion couldn't ask for better fans.

And I know we feel we couldn't ask for a character more worthy of being the focus of those qualities than Carson Beckett. A person we'd all wish to have as a friend.

Comment

This is the thread for those who us who would really like to see Daniel in Season 5!

Discuss away!!!

Comment

This is the thread for those who us who would really like to see Teal'c in Season 5!

Discuss away!!!

Comment

This is the thread for those who us who would really like to see Jack in Season 5!

Discuss away!!!

Comment

Awww, and I wanted to create the parody threads.

Comment

Wow. Really desperate to make a popular thread, eh?

Comment

I'd love to see Ford back again. I believe Aiden and Ronon have a fight to finish.

Comment

Ford was rad. More please.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        As much as I'd love to see him back full time only if they can find a way to accomidate both Carson and Keller.
                        Carson coming back will have found a new journey hopefully and leave that med lab stuff to tend in Keller's hand.

It will be an arc of it own. That'd be wicked cool. Having seen the universe the last year.

And NO I do not want Beckett return only to stuck in that lab for C plot. A new A plot and arc must serve as the reason for his return and it must evolve through the series.

Comment

Has anyone in the production team said anything whatsoever about the possibility of bringing Ford back for an episode or two within the past year, even? I was absent from updates and literally missed the third season of Atlantis/tenth season of SG-1 (have a lot of catching-up to do, there) so I don't know the deal. Any news at all?

I'd really love to see him back, if only for, like, the first few episodes, or the mid-season two-parter for the fifth year, or whatever.
                          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

twinchaosblade, that was incredibly moving.

If TPTB don't bring our beloved Scot back on some level for the fifth season after that kind of power talk, there's something frakking wrong with them.
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

This whole multiple thread stuff has gotten beyond out of hand. This thread is for ALL those folks you want to see in season five. Except for Carter and Keller...those two characters are such a hot button issue, they have thier own threads.

FOR THE TIME BEING Weir has her own thread, but this is for all those recurring/minor characters you'd like to see in season five
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey, who changed this thread??? It was PRO BECKETT in S5! I am indifferent to the other changes. I'm not to keen that my opinions and the others who posted in that thread have now been associated with this. If I had an opinion on Weir, Carter and Keller I would have said it.

Carson was a regular character and deserves his own thread. Not to mention there is actually a chance of it happening.

sigpic
                                www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                                Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Working...
                                X