Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you imagine and accept a B-storyline in a Sheppard centric episode, where he will arrange that the allied Wraith (for example Todd) has to cure Everett from aging? It could be a good closure to the SiegeIII storyline and maybe Sheppard could reach forgiveness about his role in Sumner's death.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Can you imagine and accept a B-storyline in a Sheppard centric episode, where he will arrange that the allied Wraith (for example Todd) has to cure Everett from aging? It could be a good closure to the SiegeIII storyline and maybe Sheppard could reach forgiveness about his role in Sumner's death.
      They should do that.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

i really would like woosley to make an appearance in season five. Also, i'd like to have an episode where a race tries to use sheppard's ata gene for their own use and i'm not talking about like what the travellers did.I'm talking about a race using sheppard as a weapon and force him to use the ancient technology to destroy another race that they're at war at. It would be intresting to see how sheppard would react to that.

Comment

It would be interesting to see a scene, where Carter and Sheppard speak about the died expedition members. Weir knew everybody and she made messages for the relatives. Will Carter react the same as she became a leader? Will Sheppard remember his soldier's name after a year? What they think about the loss? Will they visit cemetery on Earth? etc.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by scififreak23 View Post
            i really would like woosley to make an appearance in season five. Also, i'd like to have an episode where a race tries to use sheppard's ata gene for their own use and i'm not talking about like what the travellers did.I'm talking about a race using sheppard as a weapon and force him to use the ancient technology to destroy another race that they're at war at. It would be intresting to see how sheppard would react to that.
            Now that I would love to see. I think Sheppard's strong gene is a storyline that they've really rather failed to develop and do anything with... the premise you suggest, with a race trying to use Sheppard to activate an Ancient weapon for their own destructive means would make for a really dramatic episode.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              Now that I would love to see. I think Sheppard's strong gene is a storyline that they've really rather failed to develop and do anything with... the premise you suggest, with a race trying to use Sheppard to activate an Ancient weapon for their own destructive means would make for a really dramatic episode.
              I'd be pro season 5 if we got meaty episodes like this. This is more of a wishlist thread right now as heck, just getting season 5 is only the start. I'll be much more pro if by the end of season 4, the replicators are snuffed out. They decide that SGA characters are enough and don't transplant any more SG1 folk, and they burn all the new uniforms

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                Hello All - my first post on this thread. I am excited that S5 is now possible for SGA. It gives me more opportunity to lobby for my favorite character!

I visited JM's blog today and saw all the posters sharing their opinions about the anti-S5 thread. Don't hurt me yet - I know this is NOT the anti-S5 thread.

I decided to post on JM's blog, but also wanted to share my post here - I just felt like it would be appropriate for you all to see what I wrote. I did reference both the pro-S5 and anti-S5 threads in my post on JM's blog.

It was not my intention to speak on behalf of a thread, just to illustrate a different point of view to the whole "anti" and "pro" thing.....anyhoo - here's what I posted on JM's blog....

Spoiler:

Just throwing some things out there for discussion on the blog, since there have been several comments/opinions posted on JM's blog about GW threads.

Currently, their exists both a "Pro S5" and a "Anti S5" thread on GW.

And, while I don't really "play" in either thread, I do visit each occasionally.

I believe, the Pro thread is for fans to discuss what they hope happens in S5, what they are excited about for S5, etc. For me that would be "Gosh, I really hope Elizabeth is back home on Atlantis in S5".

And, I believe, the Anti thread is for fans to discuss what worries them about S5 or what they hope doesn't happen in S5. For me that would be "Gosh, I hope Elizabeth isn't dead in S4 with no hope of return for S5."

Granted, as with any online forum, there will be posters who take things off-topic, or too far, or go over the top, etc. (i.e. there may be some Pro S5 posters who think anything that happens in S5 will be great, no matter what and there will be some Anti S5 posters who are convinced that S5 will be bad, no matter what).

I don't support either extreme, but figure different folks have different ways of expressing themselves.

I'm not sure what I'm asking that we discuss here, perhaps I just wanted to make a point that not all people who post in the "Pro S5" thread on GW fit into one category just like not all people who post in the "Anti S5" thread fit into one category, either.

Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  I'd be pro season 5 if we got meaty episodes like this. This is more of a wishlist thread right now as heck, just getting season 5 is only the start. I'll be much more pro if by the end of season 4, the replicators are snuffed out. They decide that SGA characters are enough and don't transplant any more SG1 folk, and they burn all the new uniforms
                  Nah I like the Asurans as they are much different than the MW ones, like the new uniforms but I agree and disagree on the SG-1 character front. I have no issue with Carter I'm glad she's here and I hope she stays and I have no issue with Teal'c or Daniel coming over for an ep or two.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    Nah I like the Asurans as they are much different than the MW ones, like the new uniforms but I agree and disagree on the SG-1 character front. I have no issue with Carter I'm glad she's here and I hope she stays and I have no issue with Teal'c or Daniel coming over for an ep or two.
                    As long as they keep it to an ep or two - I think that bringing them over for longer would be a mistake.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                      As long as they keep it to an ep or two - I think that bringing them over for longer would be a mistake.
                      I agree. BTW, I think "Midway" is going to rock!
                      sigpic

Comment

If season 5 keeps the intensity we are seeing in season 4 then it should be great. At this point I am staying very positive about it. I let people scare me into thinking season 4 would be terrible. I am not going to make that mistake this time. I am going to keep a positive wait and see atitude for season 5.
                        "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                        'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                        Individuality is freedom lived.
                        'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1 View Post
                          If season 5 keeps the intensity we are seeing in season 4 then it should be great. At this point I am staying very positive about it. I let people scare me into thinking season 4 would be terrible. I am not going to make that mistake this time. I am going to keep a positive wait and see atitude for season 5.
                          I think the people who have been complaining now, most of them will be turning around with the next several eps. People complained about too much Sheppard and Mckay and no Teyla. Well wait till the next couple of eps.

Also, it would seem the producers have something really big in store for Season 5. Looks like another 3 parter going into S5! Woo hoo!
                          sigpic

Comment

I like season 4, but there are too many stand alone episode. Try to imagine an Adrift-Lifeline-Seer-tree-part1-3,kindred1-2, last man combination! This is only 9 episodes out of 20. I know that there will be minor plots (Missing, Midway), but sometimes I feel they should tell us bigger and more complex story. Maybe the ideal rate would be 3:1, so 15 metaplot and only 5 stand alone episode in a season. I think they are afraid of the audience can't continue the series so.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              I like season 4, but there are too many stand alone episode. Try to imagine an Adrift-Lifeline-Seer-tree-part1-3,kindred1-2, last man combination! This is only 9 episodes out of 20. I know that there will be minor plots (Missing, Midway), but sometimes I feel they should tell us bigger and more complex story. Maybe the ideal rate would be 3:1, so 15 metaplot and only 5 stand alone episode in a season. I think they are afraid of the audience can't continue the series so.
                              You know what, an average of 10 to 12 eps are going to be on the main story arc for a season. Reunion also had a little development on the story arc if you recall. Bascially the current story arc is "Lost Dr. Weir and The replicator and Wraith war" I cannot wait for the follow up episode.

It's why these stand alone eps must be good. To keep the viewer interested. They have done well with Doppleeganger and last night's ep.
                              sigpic

Comment

I liked season10, because every episode had a connection to the 4-5 story arc:

SG-1 season10 spoiler:
                                Spoiler:

A.) Ori crusade - Adria, Supergate
                                B.) Baal,
                                C.) Lucian Alliance
                                D.) Athena and Quetesh's treasure (B2)
                                E.) Jaffa's reaction to the Ori crusade (A2)
                                F.) Morgan la Fey, Merlin and the Sangraal

Flesh and Blood - A, C, E
                                Morpheus - F
                                The Pegasus Project - A, F
                                Insiders - B, D
                                Uninvited - B
                                200 - X
                                Counterstrike - A, E
                                Memento Mori - D
                                Company of Thieves - C
                                The Quest, Part 1 - A, B, F
                                The Quest, Part 2 - A, B, F
                                Line In the Sand - A
                                The Road Not Taken - A
                                The Shroud - A
                                Bounty - C
                                Bad Guys - D
                                Talion - E
                                Family Ties - E
                                Dominion - A, B, D, F
                                Unending - A

I could make such summary for Atlantis season4, but we should wait the episodes. I really liked Reunion and I hope they will bring back Tyre. I also liked Doppelganger, but we knew nothing new about the crystals. They should have traveled to the MW planet with the Gate Bridge to find answers. Travelers is also entertaining and I know they will bring them back at least. So you can see my point of view that I can follow how the writers built up this season, but sometimes I feel they waste too easily screen time or whole episodes to stand alones.

Now, they got 20*42 minutes, so I hope they will use this opportunity as it would be the last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X