Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think things will return to 'normal' by S5? (S3 and S4 Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Descent View Post
    Now, mind you that this is just speculation here, but I personally think the reason behind Carson's departure and Weir's reduced role are caused by Carter coming onto Atlantis.
    Carson had been written out and Weir's fate had been planned before the new leader of Atlantis had been cast.

But since they left Carson's "death" so ambiguous, do you guys think TPTB plan to bring everything back to uh..."normal" after AT's contract is up?
    I'm not sure what you mean by normal, but if you mean Weir back as leader, I sure as hell hope not.

Will Season 5 mark the return of the 'true' Atlantis?

Thoughts? Added Speculation?
    Again, I hope not. Bringing back Carson might have been a good idea if they hadn't brought in Keller, I think they recognised that while Beckett is a good character, there just really aren't good enough reasons to write a doctor into every ep, which is why Keller is doing so few.

Comment

Heh, "true" Atlantis actually includes Ford and not Ronan, you know.

Comment

I think should Atlantis be granted any kind of longevity, Season 4 will be the new normal.

But if for whatever reason TPTB are unable to woo Amanda to sign on the dotted line in the years to come, I doubt strongly that Weir would be put back into position. More than likely IMHO we'd get one of the other choices they were considering in case Amanda gave SGA a pass.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

As much as I have disliked the cast changes and from spoilers the new direction Atlantis is taking. I realy can't see that TPTB would reinstate Carson or Weir as regulars on the show, or for that matter Ford and Grodin.

TPTB have put there full support behind the changes and I think wether it works or not now, they cannot afford to make such large changes back again for season 5 without loosing the confidence of the fans and there boses.

I may not like or agree with the new show runners but I do respect that they have a made there decision and I will have to watch and decide wether it works for me personaly. I would however loose all respect for them if after 1 season they reset Atlantis back to mid season 3 as that would be admitting that season 4 was in someway a mistake. That I think would be bad for the Stargate universe in general and would probably affect any and all chances of getting a season 6 for those who are still around to watch it

parisindy
          yup i know all that and agree, but if the impossible happened and it did go back to normal i would watch it, cause i loved Atlantis seasons 1-3 (except for Sunday and first strike of course )
          arrh Parry I here what your sayin, but i think thats only gonna happen in fanfic. which im sure will pop up soon enough on LJ "the alternate season 4"
          and you know theres always popcorn and love on the couch (not the dirty kind lol)
          sigpic
          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
            As much as I have disliked the cast changes and from spoilers the new direction Atlantis is taking. I realy can't see that TPTB would reinstate Carson or Weir as regulars on the show, or for that matter Ford and Grodin.

TPTB have put there full support behind the changes and I think wether it works or not now, they cannot afford to make such large changes back again for season 5 without loosing the confidence of the fans and there boses.

I may not like or agree with the new show runners but I do respect that they have a made there decision and I will have to watch and decide wether it works for me personaly. I would however loose all respect for them if after 1 season they reset Atlantis back to mid season 3 as that would be admitting that season 4 was in someway a mistake. That I think would be bad for the Stargate universe in general and would probably affect any and all chances of getting a season 6 for those who are still around to watch it
            If TPTB keep making casting changes, they'll lose the fans/viewers. It's fine if you're on a show that is supposed to always lose characters (i.e, reality shows <G>). Unfortunately far too many TV shows keep 'pushing the envelope' and using killing characters to up the ante and draw in viewers (although they probably lose an equal amount). I believe it was last year where you really couldn't watch any show without the producers killing off a character. It used to be you could rely on characters staying alive. TV is fantasy after all, and there's enough death in the real world and on TV news that you don't need it ad naseum on the fiction shows. I'd hate to think if they remade "Mr. Ed" today; they'd probably bump off the horse and replace it with a cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              I sure hope so. It would suck to see her get settled in then leave.
              Gee, sorta like Beckett

A lot would depend on salary demands, etc. The contract is only for a year and if AT stays another year, I'm sure she'd realistically up salary demands, etc. which is normal in that business.

Comment

AT will probably up her demand after this 1 year. If, and I stress IF, SGA goes beyond Season 6, AT will probably be let go b/c of her salary.
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                  AT will probably up her demand after this 1 year. If, and I stress IF, SGA goes beyond Season 6, AT will probably be let go b/c of her salary.
                  Or maybe another character will join the ranks of the missing to make up for the salary difference. Hmm? Who probably makes the most money??? Let me think. Hasn't there been talk on JM's blog of Daniel coming over also?

And wasn't it just less than a year ago the general concensus was that they would never get rid of Weir? No matter how you look at it and no matter what came first the Weir subtraction or the Carter addition, the SG-1ification of SGA has begun.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    No matter how you look at it and no matter what came first the Weir subtraction or the Carter addition, the SG-1ification of SGA has begun.
                    This statement has more to do with your lack of imagination than reality. If Carter coming over, and the odd guest appearence is all if takes for Atlantis to be turned into SG-1 then Atlantis must have been incredibly weak to begin with, you might think this is the case, I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Or maybe another character will join the ranks of the missing to make up for the salary difference. Hmm? Who probably makes the most money??? Let me think. Hasn't there been talk on JM's blog of Daniel coming over also?

And wasn't it just less than a year ago the general concensus was that they would never get rid of Weir? No matter how you look at it and no matter what came first the Weir subtraction or the Carter addition, the SG-1ification of SGA has begun.
                      SG-1ification. I like that word. Well, not really, but yes, there is the distinct possibility the insidious process has begun. The thing is that the writers/producers have to grow up and realize that SG1 is done, gone, etc. and to move on to a new series. No TV series lasts forever (except for 60 Minutes).

As much as I like Daniel, a one-shot guest shot (two episodes max) would do it. Otherwise, yes, to bring on board someone like that would probably cost a cast member or two in order to keep the budget in line. If budget were no object, SG1 would still be on the air.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        Gee, sorta like Beckett

A lot would depend on salary demands, etc. The contract is only for a year and if AT stays another year, I'm sure she'd realistically up salary demands, etc. which is normal in that business.
                        Well I think the chances for a Season 5 just went up, but are still undecided. I don't see Amanda signing on for another season, maybe a few guest roles, but hey, you have this great actress and strong character she plays, Dr. Weir. Why not give her the spot back. Fans like when things go back to good, meaning back to how things were from the previous season.

Heck, some fans will grow to love Carter and will be dissapointed if she leaves and Weir returns. People warmed up to Jonas only for him to be booted out.

I have learned you cannot please everyone, just as long as the majority is happy, thats all that really matters. Sad but true.
                        sigpic

Comment

I guess it all depends on what "normal" means. I think everyone can give different definitions for it. Normal for S3 or normal for S4. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                            I guess it all depends on what "normal" means. I think everyone can give different definitions for it. Normal for S3 or normal for S4. ?
                            I think normal would be Weir taking back control of Atlantis instead of the military making the decisions.
                            sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I don't want to see the show go back to "normal." In my opinion the show kind of got stuck in a rut especially in the back half of season 3 this became more apparent. For all you people complaining about Carter coming over, I'm surprised I don't see more complaining about the Replicators. Also I got the distinct impression they don't know what to do with the Wraith considering the lack of episodes involving them on any real scale.

Personally, I find Carter coming over interesting both in how her character will develop and interact with the characters on Atlantis and how her character will develop in a command role and hopefully will help keep my interest better unlike several of those episodes in the back half of 3.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Ford come back. I think that character could really make things interesting. You could use him to introduce a more extremist version of the IOA. Maybe having him get captured and freed by agents of said extremists and gaining their support or something.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the changes and Season 4, should be an interesting ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Blev08 View Post
                                Honestly, I don't want to see the show go back to "normal." In my opinion the show kind of got stuck in a rut especially in the back half of season 3 this became more apparent. For all you people complaining about Carter coming over, I'm surprised I don't see more complaining about the Replicators. Also I got the distinct impression they don't know what to do with the Wraith considering the lack of episodes involving them on any real scale.

Personally, I find Carter coming over interesting both in how her character will develop and interact with the characters on Atlantis and how her character will develop in a command role and hopefully will help keep my interest better unlike several of those episodes in the back half of 3.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Ford come back. I think that character could really make things interesting. You could use him to introduce a more extremist version of the IOA. Maybe having him get captured and freed by agents of said extremists and gaining their support or something.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the changes and Season 4, should be an interesting ride.
                                Well I agree about all that, except I do like the replicators, and after that attack in "First Strike" these replicators mean buisness.

I agree that having Carter around for S4 will be really interesting. But as I also complain about S4, is it that hard to put Weir in more than just 4 or 5 eps? I mean give the woman like 10 eps, you can afford it, lol.

I read that we should see more wraith and they are going to get deeper with the wraith also. So that should hopefully be back to basics.

S3 has been a great season, and if S4 lives up to season 3 or is even better, then I will be begging for a season 5!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X