Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because they are always the ones who make the most noise.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I almost turned Trio off after 20 minutes, but nothing else was on, so I stuck with it. I was bored, and I was angered with the Zelenka insinuation. I still don't care much for Keller either.

No, I didn't like this episode, for various reasons. I understand some did like it, but it won't go into the SGA Hall of Fame.

Comment

I have to say that it was not one of the best episodes ever. It was not to horrible though. The set was nice. Yes, I know that it was just one room but it was still interesting. The ways they used the stuff in the room was interesting. Also, it was interesting to see how the charactors responded to the situation. Although there does seem to be a lot of episodes where the charactors are trapped somewhere it is still interesting to see how different characters react when trapped with other characters in various situations.
        Ummm... Mer?

Comment

I have to disagree since the worst episode of SGA ever in the entire show ever is Harmony!
          sigpicFreebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Comment

'Irresistable' is the worst. 'Irresponsible' isn't because it features cool Ancient tech and the enjoyable death of a bad guy. 'Trio' is nowhere near that level of... ugh.

Death to Lucius Lavin! Wraithing's too good for him!
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
              Folks lets keep in mind that this is a PG forum and even though you are discussing characters who have no feelings..the 13 years that are members of our Forum do. So please refrain from using words that are not intended for our younger membership

Thank You
              TameFarrar
              GateWorld Moderator
              First I want to say that I have no problem with the way the rules are set up here. It's Darren's forum and he can set whatever rules he wants. However, please, PLEASE stop misusing the rating "PG". What you actually mean is "This is a G-rated forum". PG means that most profanities as well as sexual content such as toplessness are allowed. Is that the case in this forum? Cause there are some great pics of the new cast member floating around that we could post here if this is really a PG-rated forum (obviously I am speaking of Robert Picardo here *cough*).

If these servers are in the US, US laws apply. From wikipedia:

"G - General Audiences - All ages admitted. There is no content that would be objectionable to most parents. Very mild language may exist, including words such as "heck", "moron", "dumb", "rats", "darn", "idiot", "crud", "jerk" or "stupid".

PG - Parental Guidance Suggested - Some material may not be suitable for children. These films may contain some mild language, crude humor, thematic elements, sexual themes, scary moments and/or violence. No drug content is present. The word "
              <I snipped this word out>" generally was not heard in pre-1984 "PG" films. There are a few exceptions to this rule. A few racial insults may also be heard.

PG-13 - Parents Strongly Cautioned - Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13. These films contain sexual content, nudity (partial), language, humor, mature themes, terror and/or intense action violence. Bloodshed is rarely present. This is the minimum rating at which drug content is present although Marijuana is the maximum use for this rating. While PG-13 films usually have more profanity than PG films, it is not necessarily common. A rating of PG-13 simply means that a film contains more profane language and/or racial insults than the PG rating permits. A PG-13 film with intense violence means there will be blood present in a violent way."

So if this is a PG-rated forum than I can say "sh*t" "wh**e" "damn" "hell" "shag me baby" and other mid-level, often lightly sexual, profanities. If it is G-rated than I can't say those things.

So chose your rating properly! Saying that this forum is PG is not correct. "PG" has a specific legal meaning that most people are aware of, so if you claim it is PG-rated when it isn't you will just confuse people.

Comment

Irresistable worst episode ever!

I like Trio, it was engaging cos their escape was basically a big puzzle and you had to solve it or else you'll die!

Comment

Well, there's probably a few contenders for that title... unfortunately... and unless we're all talking from the same page, I doubt there'll be much to go on from here.
                  However, I do agree with the original poster's general sentiments about this episode. I thought it was fairly tedious... a snooze fest... and I kept waiting for something interesting to happen. Why deliberately set it in an unknown village with past links with the Genii if you're not going to use that piece of information for something a lot more interesting than a "jeopardy" episode?
                  And all those snide comments about Zelenka were really uncalled for. It seemed rather OOC for those people to be making them as well.
                  Definitely an episode played for laffs... except I didn't of course...
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I had been looking forward to this episode for a very long time.
                    And I really really liked it.
                    I'm a huge Sam fan and this was a Sam centered episode.
                    I know Mckay and Keller were there... but still, I enjoyed seeing a lot of Sam.
                    And another aspect I liked was indeed the puzzle effect. Thinking alongside them for a way out. I liked it!!
                    : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                    Geeky : Oh brother...
                    : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Worst ever is a bit of a stretch. This whole season has been a little up and down. I know we often talk about flat spots in the back half of a season to save a bit of coin so they can blow it on a big three part finale to get us all back next year, but Trio was shakespeare compared to Harmony. That was a rubbish episode! I mean the best villians they could come up with were rogue genii? thats a cop out.

I hear people talking about the confined spaces episodes that we get once or twice a season, but the fact is that claustrophobia and impending doom make reasonable if not necessaryily original TV, and trio wont be the last episode of that nature i'm sure.

At least they weren't stuck in the atlantis equivilant of an elevator again!

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix Commander View Post
                        I know we often talk about flat spots in the back half of a season to save a bit of coin so they can blow it on a big three part finale to get us all back next year,<snip>
                        That's what I thought when I first saw the episode. I was like "oh well, it was a really bad "trapped in a cage" episode, but I know they are saving money for the finales, so I'm cool with that". Then I came here and found out that Trio was one of their most expensive episodes of the season! That's when I got ticked off. I can take bad episodes if there is a monetary reason for them. But they wasted*that* much money on a bad episode?

Comment

I liked the ep, I liked how they were coming up with ideas to get up, the kids were annoying enough, and I felt like I was falling when the camera zoomed in to reveal a huge chasm and the room falling into it in the end.

Stop being such crybabies. Remember the good times when we just watched the show on TV and there was no forum (back in 1997 maybe)? Now everyone just comes on this forum and bashes everyone else. I think the fans of Stargate are the most ungreatful, patronising, elitist people I've ever met. Why can't you people just get along?

Whiney keller does not equal worst ep in history of TV.

Set that "you don't like" does not equal worst ep in history.

Not enough shep-whumpage does not equal worst ep in history (and neither does TOO MUCH shep whumpage).

They are just eps, you watch them. If you didn't like it, you just say "hmm that was so so" and wait for the next one. It's highly improbable that the ep you just saw is OMG THE WORST EP EVAHHH!! but as I said fans of this show are taking all this stuff for granted. Why are you watching this show? I'm watching it because it's classic sci-fi, and I like the plots and characters. And I liked both Irresistibile and Irresponsable (they were funny). And I just don't get what is wrong with Jennifer Keller, I think she is a great flawed character, she is supposed to be annoying, we are supposed to hate her, it's her job to make us not like her, and the writers and actress seem to be doing a good job. That does not mean that we are supposed to HATE IT, and wish that it DIED, or hate the actress or writers. It's just a show, and it shows a possible world and that's how that character is. Do you "like" Oberoth? No, he was an EVIL person. But that doesn't mean the writers were somehow stupid for coming up with the character. No, that's why the cast is diverse. So good work TPTB. I'd rather have all this tame sci-fi to watch than be stuck with eternal depressing darkness and gloomyness like BSG.

Spoiler:

Next episode Carson is going to show up and I can already see the forum in uproar over "OMG THE WORST EP EVAH".
                          Last edited by metabog; 20 February 2008, 11:19 AM.
                          My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

They're trying to make us dislike Keller? How did you come to that conclusion? I think that's way off base, personally.
                            Theoretically spoilerish:
                            Spoiler:
                            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
                              They're trying to make us dislike Keller? How did you come to that conclusion? I think that's way off base, personally.
                              Not dislike. She is a flawed character and she was conceived that way. People are just overreacting.
                              My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                                Not dislike. She is a flawed character and she was conceived that way. People are just overreacting.
                                On these boards? Oh gasp and shock. I never would've suspected.

sigpic
                                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                                X