Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after watching this eppy I wet out and used the bar trick Keller showed and i got free drinks the entire night... lol!!
    sigpic

Comment

Thinking back, I think this was the most boring episode of Stargate I've ever seen. I don't remember any other time in the 324 episodes that the franchise had so far where I actually started complaining for it to end. I actually stated to consider just skipping the rest of it because nothing that interested me was happening at all. I eventually forced myself to sit through it in-case something important happened.

There were definitely MUCH worse episodes than this, but they weren't quite as dull.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I thought this ep was great. But then I am a massive McKay and Keller fan. Also I like eps where characters are faced with a puzzle of some kind and have to come up with numerous out-of-the-box solutions only to get thwarted each time. Thought the mine shaft was a little convenient at the end, though, wish they'd thought of a cunning escape plan with their combined brainpower rather than stumbling on one by accident.

As for the ending, I think Keller might be a bit of a player! Somehow I'd rather see McKay and Keller together than McKay and Katie... she was a little annoying. Or maybe I was just jealous.

Comment

Dani writes: [...] “You mentioned your fear of heights you had to face for the filming of “Trio”. I too am deadly afraid of heights and was wondering if you could share how you managed to overcome it.“

AT: Uh…I didn’t really. I was so scared up there. It’s irrational and debilitating. Part of getting over it for filming was that people were waiting, the show had to go on. But at one point our rigger had to walk along the beam and take my hand and walk me back. Very embarrassing. I did feel like I was more comfortable at the end of filming that episode than I was at the beginning. But if I had to do it again today, I would be back at square one. I jumped out of a plane years ago, to try and overcome my fear of heights. I did an unassisted jump with an old army issue parachute. I survived and even felt really proud of myself…..until I had to climb up a ladder to the roof. Gulp.
          Meep. I feel so sorry for her! Glad she managed it because this episode is fabulous. I'll gladly rewatch it again and again. Puzzled episodes are my favourite. And there's no greater puzzle than characters stuck in a box and they've gotta get out.
          At least it wasn't like The Cube.
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

After watching this episode again today, it actually wasn't so bad.

I'd give it a 7/10

Comment

Not one of my favorite episodes. I don't like the picking on Radek either.
              sigpic

Comment

I hated the picking on Radek, he's a cool guy. Weird but cool. McKay's just a geek. I loved the way they worked together to get out of the hole, though.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  I hated the picking on Radek, he's a cool guy. Weird but cool. McKay's just a geek. I loved the way they worked together to get out of the hole, though.
                  I know, I thought that was totally off-side. Radek has always been nice and helpful, don't know where that conversation was dreamed up. The whole episode was alright, not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be after reading some of the early discussions. I thought Keller was coming on to Rodney but based on previous posts a lot do not agree with me.
                  At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

Good episode nice to see that Rodney being a hero
                    sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

Comment

Originally posted by Darian View Post
                      Good episode nice to see that Rodney being a hero
                      Because that never happened on Atlantis?
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:

TRIO (416)

There wasn’t a whole lot of love for this episode when it first aired which was kind of surprising since I thought it a nice change of pace featuring three very stronger actors. We ended up redressing and using the gimbaled set that formerly played as the ship’s hold in Continuum. It was a tough, demanding shoot, especially for Amanda Tapping who, apparently, like me is not a huge fan of heights and was required to do a little high-wire performance. Trio had the placeholder title, Three’s Company, while we were developing the story (for obvious reasons) but before we sat down to spin it, there was some spirited debate about who should be trapped. We discussed various permutations: McKay and Carter, McKay and Keller, McKay and Carter and Keller. Finally, we decided the old fashion way: Survivor-style with Martin Gero playing the part of Jeff Probst reading out the secret ballots cast:

Chamber diorama: http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...012/09/197.jpg
                        Episode Writer/Producer Martin Gero: http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...012/09/198.jpg
                        The set: http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...012/09/199.jpg
                        And this was supposed to be one of the cheaper episodes: http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...12/09/1100.jpg
                        Inside the set: http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...12/09/1101.jpg
                        Director Martin Wood having a blast: http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...12/09/1102.jpg

Amanda, Jewel and David yucking it up vid: http://videos.videopress.com/3qZ5X3O...-it-up_dvd.mp4

Tremor vid: http://videos.videopress.com/XtuVLWCp/tremor_dvd.mp4

Trio - angled vid: http://videos.videopress.com/XfqRKGU...angled_dvd.mp4

(the vids play faster if you just go to his blog and watch)
                        sigpic

Comment

Average episode, near the bottom of Martin Gero episodes.

I don't understand why Sam always did the climbing because it's obvious, Keller weighs less the Sam does. Although it might have to do with Keller being afraid of heights.

I'd pick Keller over Sam, because she's from Wisconsin.

Tomorrow, Ronon vs Teal'c.
                          sigpic

Comment

The only reason this episode was watchable for me was that Sam actually appears for a longer period of time in an episode! I don't know if it's just me, but I feel she isn't really used that much. I know she's in a different position now with the command of Atlantis, but I miss the exuberant way she solved puzzles, she seems to step back and leave McKay to it as SGA's resident 'genius', it's as if her 'genius' has to take a back seat.

So I guess it was a refreshing thing when it was Keller who came up with the 'drinking game' solution to try and get out of the hole. Two geniuses were having a problem! McKay's 'cannon', whilst ingenious was not as much fun to watch him create as it was in the old Trek episode where Kirk built one from materials around him to blast the Gorn!

Whilst I didn't mind McKay even from way back in SG-1, quite like how he's changed for the better in many ways, and have grown to like some of the others like Sheppard and Zelenka, these sorts of character moment episodes only remind me that I'm not that invested in them emotionally that I want to watch them interact in crisis situations like this. SGA did space battles well, the conflict arcs were what made this series entertaining enough to sit through in parts. This type of episode.....not so much!

Comment

Midweek, another ep of Atlantis...

1. The stuff with the kids was a "no pause" area.

2. We saw the best and worst of Rodney in this ep.

3. Also, Sam worked better than Weir would have done here.

Still, not great.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

The final ep on the disc caps off what has been a very very ordinary bunch of eps.

Nice try Rodney. Almost got Keller to strip for you.

Trying to get Sam to flash the boys got on my nerves. He went too far.

The start of the Rodney, Keller and Ronon triangle.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X