This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    Keller and Ronon connected over their past traumas. Keller and Rodney connected over her almost flashing her chest [and him saving her life, yeah]. IMO, their relatioship would be better staying like it was in the beginning of the episode: adversarial. They seem like completely opposite personalities anyway, and not in that 'opposites attract' way, either.
    The only reason Ronon connected with her is because she reminded him of his dead wife which is abit creepy when you think about it. McKay and Keller are certainly not opposites though they are somewhat different. Both McKay and Keller are very smart and both are abit awkward in social groups.

Even before Keller almost stripped infront of McKay they were both engaging in friendly banter and seemed to have a good chemistry with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post

For those that haven't seen it - the snipped scene from Trio courtesy of JM's blog.

here’s that snipped scene from Trio. A little chat between Carter and Keller as they are knotting up that rope:

Carter: So…you seeing anyone?
      Keller: What?
      Carter: Around the base, you seeing anyone?
      Keller: I dunno…I had a moment with - with this…guy. He’s not exactly easy to read so…I guess the short answer is “no”. You?
      Carter: Well, I’m the boss, so I can’t really…
      Keller: Right Anyone back home?
      Carter: Uhm…
      Keller: Un-huh, I thought so. Give it up.
      Carter: Well, it’s complicated.
      Keller: Show me a relationship that isn’t.
      Carter: He’s in Washington…I’m here.
      Keller: Ouch. Long distance relationship.
      Carter: He’s going to retire soon, so maybe -
      Keller: Really! Retire? So…an older man, huh?
      Carter: Not that much older.
      Keller: Washington, older man…is he like a Senator or something? Someone famous? Would I know him?
      Carter: Probably not.

and

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Of all the things to throw out of the room to make it lighter, they threw those lines out.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
          The only reason Ronon connected with her is because she reminded him of his dead wife which is abit creepy when you think about it. McKay and Keller are certainly not opposites though they are somewhat different. Both McKay and Keller are very smart and both are abit awkward in social groups.
          Even before Keller almost stripped infront of McKay they were both engaging in friendly banter and seemed to have a good chemistry with each other.
          I remember him still being snarky and more concerned with finding a way out than being friendly, but I'll give it another watch tonight. For now, I still think Keller and Ronon had a better connection. Seeing the things you find most attractive in someone isn't creepy just because they also were the things you loved in your dead lover. Ok, it's a little creepy but I can get over it if they can. And he's a much better person to help her come into her own than Rodney. Sure, it'll be violent, but it'll be fun. And he can make her work out and forget this 'cardio' crap.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

They should not have thrown out the lines about carter's love life. Oh well, mabey they will touch on that in tonights episode.
            Ummm... Mer?

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Although I would have preferred it if they hadnt taken out the conversation between Sam and Keller. And I kinda thought it was a good match- Ronon and Keller together, I just don't see her with McKay.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Overall I liked this episode, mostly because I've been waiting for more all season.

1) Sam whump;
                2) I liked MacKay's rambling about Sam and Keller's bodies, typical MacKay;
                3) Keller's input on ways to get out;
                4) "red means bad" lol; and
                5) Sam climbing the boxes on the bridge despite what happened the first time she climbed the boxes.

Dislikes:

1) totally OOC for Sam to say "we're in trouble now" and to do nothing to try to help hold the rope to save Keller.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Keller and Ronon connected over their past traumas. Keller and Rodney connected over her almost flashing her chest [and him saving her life, yeah]. IMO, their relatioship would be better staying like it was in the beginning of the episode: adversarial. They seem like completely opposite personalities anyway, and not in that 'opposites attract' way, either.
                  Complete opposites? Wow, TOTALLY disagree. They're both somewhat timid, self-doubting/recriminating individuals, who have a penchant for enjoyable smartass banter, and always rise to the occasion when needed.
                  Theoretically spoilerish:
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

He's a snarky know-it-all who really doesn't care what you think or what your name is as long as you align the plasma coils correctly. She's this timid thing trying to break out of her shell, prove herself in a world that doubts her abilities and make everyone like her.

You have some valid points, MMC, and, if we take and combine parts of each of our posts, I'm sure we can come to an agreement.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

He's a snarky know-it-all who really doesn't care what you think or what your name is as long as you align the plasma coils correctly. She's this timid thing trying to break out of her shell, prove herself in a world that doubts her abilities and make everyone like her.

You have some valid points, MMC, and, if we take and combine parts of each of our posts, I'm sure we can come to an agreement.
                      I will reciprocate. You're right that their self-doubt manifests itself in different ways. The truth, as always, is somewhere in-between.
                      Theoretically spoilerish:
                      Spoiler:
                      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I'm actually in favor of this, and can say it may be one of my preferred filler episodes. My view on Keller/Rodney relationship is that Rodney passed on the mantle of least effective team member, proving himself physically and finishing the change to proper combatant.

As for Keller's love life, I was inclined to think it was an innocent drink, as no amount of life saving could make Rodney charming. But seeing the extra lines, and knowing nothing more happened with Ronan made me doubt. Have to wait until another filler episode to find out.

Comment

I had a lot of fun with this episode. Yeah, it was filler. But the banter was spot on. Rodney wasn't overbearing. The whine didn't go overboard.

Keller... I kinda like her. She's no Beckett, but she's not hideous. Still, I ithnk it's more Jewel I like than Keller. She sounds... too young for the part. A lower octave would have helped.

Sam... She at least was proactive. Except for the part where she gives up. Though the two height wusses wouldn't exactly make you think you were going to get out if out was *up*.

All in all the banter made the show. All of them 'ganging up' on another at some point was funny.

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

i think it was. she said - "my god, you're not very good at this" i think that by that she meant girls as in having girls like him. which must be very rare!!!
                            lol

Comment

What a stupid, boring, worthless, nonsense episode. What a waste of time, money AND episode space.

Comment

Stargate: Atlantis (Trio)- Hollywood Reporter: Martin Wood Nominated for Guild Award:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....18&postcount=1

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X