X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    Oh, what fun!

Sorry - I just loved Rodney's suggestion that Sam show her...erm...ya know...to get the kids to help. LOLOL! (as a woman, I was not offended by that at all.)
    I'm thinking Keller is a bit of a flirt...a couple weeks ago, snuggling up to Ronon...now, taking Rodney out for a drink. Hmmmmm....she's a tricksty one, that Keller...

Some good lines. Hubby and I laughed out loud a few times. Was fun and entertaining overall. Loved the references back to Quarantine. Probably the last 'up' episode now that we're headed into the last few of the season...and probably lots of Wraith killing next week. *wimper*

das

Yeah Carter/Amanda and Rodney/David really do have a great on screen chemistry....would have been funny if when the kids came back, if she had really considered it Hell if I was stuck in a hole in a life threatening position, I can't say that I wouldn't have at least tried

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
    You're kidding. An old room with a bunch of random junk was the most expensive set?
    Personally, I don't see how!!
    Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
    &=AWESOME &Forever
    No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      I'm thinking Keller is a bit of a flirt...a couple weeks ago, snuggling up to Ronon...now, taking Rodney out for a drink. Hmmmmm....she's a tricksty one, that Keller...
      I really, really think she was just taking a friend out for drinks. The writers seem to, uh well, I'm not sure how to put it, not understand human interaction, so sometimes they make things look weird that aren't so weird fundamentally. I don't really whine about the writers, but I knew instantly after the ep was over that people would be making more of that scene than what it was.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I think Keller is growing on me.

and uhg, I hate pervert!rodney!!

but it was nice to see Sam and the others in action, and the banter and everything was a lot of fun.

Comment

I might be the only one thinking this... but didn't Quarantine establish that Keller was almost completely socially inept because she never got to go out? If that's the case, why was she the only one who knew that stupid bar trick. I thought the point in Quarantine was that she didn't get go out to bars on any kind of regular basis.

It seems to me that TPTB doesn't know what they want to do with her, relationship wise. I don't know if I should take that last scene innocently or not. What's up with her and Ronon, is that over?

Don't get me wrong, I really like Jewel Staite, but I think that character needs some major help.

On a broader note, I haven't been overly impressed with the writing at all this season. Even last season, I remember SG1 being written much better than Atlantis, and if anything it may have gone down hill. The good episodes end up being the ones where an excellent plot makes up for mediocre writing. For most of this episode I had a hard time buying Rodney's behavior and interactions with the others... it just seemed too awkward and forced.

// hmm.. that came of a bit more critical than I intended. It's only 'cause I love the show.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            You're kidding. An old room with a bunch of random junk was the most expensive set?
            The entire set tilts.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
              Keller. OMG, she HAS to GO! She listens to Rodney talk about the Katie breakup, so what does she do? She comes on to him at the end? And after coming on to Ronon last we saw her? I thought this gal was a social outcast that didn't have dates, didn't go to parties, but she sure knew all the beer drinking games!

I guess instead of Crybaby Keller, she is Slutty Crybaby Keller?

Ugh. Producers, get rid of her! PLEASE, for the love of your fans!!
              Ugh! No, no! Just no!! LOL. She was taking him out as friends, and that's all there is to it! How is this getting misinterpreted so badly be so many? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky74656 View Post
                I might be the only one thinking this... but didn't Quarantine establish that Keller was almost completely socially inept because she never got to go out? If that's the case, why was she the only one who knew that stupid bar trick. I thought the point in Quarantine was that she didn't get go out to bars on any kind of regular basis.
                Nope, the point was that she missed a lot of her teenage years because she studied so hard. The point of it was to go some way in explaining why she is so young, not to imply she's socially inept.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                  I knew this was going to be bad when Keller started her crybaby act before the credits started rolling ("Oh, I'm so outta breath, why did we walk? Why didn't we take the jumper?") Wawawawa. I'm so tired of her "poor, poor, me" act.

Best?

Rodney, who saved the day, getting hands sliced and diced.

Worst?

Flashing Sam's painted toenails. Come on. I just groaned out loud, that was so dumb.

Keller. OMG, she HAS to GO! She listens to Rodney talk about the Katie breakup, so what does she do? She comes on to him at the end? And after coming on to Ronon last we saw her? I thought this gal was a social outcast that didn't have dates, didn't go to parties, but she sure knew all the beer drinking games!

I guess instead of Crybaby Keller, she is Slutty Crybaby Keller?

Ugh. Producers, get rid of her! PLEASE, for the love of your fans!!
                  Wait.....good point, if she missed all the parties how does she know the beer drinking games. Do interns in medical school have a lot of time to do that sort of thing.... Oh wait, my boss just asked his new doctor if she did the bar craw at Ohio U and she confessed to it so I guess they do. But still, if she is supposed to be a social outcast, WTH?

Oh and previews for next week: The episode may or may not be good or bad but it should be entitled "just when you didnt think Teal'cs hair could get worse".

I didnt even notice the Carter toenails, but I am pretty sure it doesnt take too much effort to throw paint on them, people do it in their livingrooms while watching TV all the time. Even if carter worked 23 hours a day I am sure she could do the toenails in that one hour, were she so inclined....and now that she is experiementing with the hair and bad clothing maybe she is....or its just bad costuming.
                  Last edited by AGateFan; 08 February 2008, 07:40 PM.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
                    Ugh! No, no! Just no!! LOL. She was taking him out as friends, and that's all there is to it! How is this getting misinterpreted so badly be so many? LOL.
                    Ever considered that you're the one misinterpreting it?

Comment

I thought this episode was okay. It definitely had some good lines. The overall idea is what I didn't really like though. I though Sam or McKay would have come up with a good way to come out of that situation faster (I guess I just have such high expectation of Sam). I thought Sam had too much faith in McKay in allowing him to attempt throwing that grappling hook more than once. I may have missed this but it would have been appropriate for McKay to have a Batman reference here.

I also didn't really like that little flirting between Keller toward McKay at the end. Is Keller the new town flirt? My last gripe would be able the Zelenka comment. I knew that McKay like to compare himself with Zelenka but to hint that Zelenka is not that likable?

I liked the Brian Greene/Neil deGrasse Tyson line although they are both much too mainsteam to be "good physicist". I would probably go with Neil deGrasse Tyson as well, especially I thought Brian Greene' cameo (especially with the bad grey hair) in the movie Frequency was a bit over the top.

Anyhow, I doubt we'll have another trap in space episode this season.
                      I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

You can't misinterpret something that is open for interpretation. I'm glad that you are certain in what you saw but for others, myself included, it didn't seem so innocent.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Ever considered that you're the one misinterpreting it?
                          Heh, yeah honestly I have. But that would be so out of place... plus Rodney's awkwardness makes absolute sense in either case. He's awkward. He would have reacted similarly if Sheppard asked him the same thing.

Comment

My take on the ending was this:

Rodney didn't seem to like Keller very much at the beginning of the episode. The way he talked down on her shows this very well. At the end, they have become friends through the ordeal. They are going to get something to drink as friends. Are you guys saying that if I was to go out for a drink with a girl, it is automatically a date, and she is coming on to me? Wrong.

Anyways, not a great episode. Sam got to be in it a lot, so that was good because her screen time this season is very little. I was disappointed with some of the lame aspects of the episode, such as the "No we'll get in trouble. We bet on the fact that people are trapped." They decided to include that, but not the part about Sam's romantic life. I was hoping it would be some mention of Jack, but I guess not..

Comment

Well Keller did throw out the "you really arent good at this sort of thing" which to me does not imply "gee you really arent good at drinking with your friends" but more of a "you really arent good at this getting it when a girl is hitting on you". Thats how it sounded to me. Otherwise she could have said something like "come on just shut up and get me my beer" or something.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Heh, yeah honestly I have. But that would be so out of place... plus Rodney's awkwardness makes absolute sense in either case. He's awkward. He would have reacted similarly if Sheppard asked him the same thing.
                                Why would it be awkward? I might be alone on this, but all the way through the ep I thought she was flirting with him, especially after she found out he had broken up with Kate. Notice the little 'she needs a great guy, like you' or something to that effect, line? I don't think it's anything serious, I don't even think he's going to get laid, but I definitely think it was a flirty invitation for a drink rather than a friendly one.

Comment

Working...
                                X