Nitpick - in regards to the ATA Gene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
    I always excused that to myself that the protector or a family member with the gene must have activated it... alot or ancient tech once activated can be used by anyone (some tech only limited use) I wouldn't think the L.S.D. is any different...
    yes i agree. With the Controll Chair you need the ATA gene to activate it because of the brain funcation same with the Sheild which mckay used in season 1 episode 3 and the Puddle jumpers . its like the controll's in the tower you have to activate it but anyone can use them as has been proven.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReturnOfTheLantian View Post
      Can anyone remember The Tower? that chamblem guy was using the same scanner and he didnt have the ATA Gene untill carson gave him it. unless he already had but i recon he didnt. i recon if there activated anyone can use them.
      Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
      I always excused that to myself that the protector or a family member with the gene must have activated it... alot or ancient tech once activated can be used by anyone (some tech only limited use) I wouldn't think the L.S.D. is any different...
      Originally posted by TheReturnOfTheLantian View Post
      yes i agree. With the Controll Chair you need the ATA gene to activate it because of the brain funcation same with the Sheild which mckay used in season 1 episode 3 and the Puddle jumpers . its like the controll's in the tower you have to activate it but anyone can use them as has been proven.
      AGAIN, this has been discussed already in this thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48339
      The scanner Otho had in The Tower WAS NOT a LSD, but one that determined if a person had the ATA gene and how strong it was. The LSD can ONLY be used by someone with the ATA gene as told by Sheppard to Col. Everett in The Siege, Pt. 2!
      Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
        I believe you must have to Ancient gene to activate certain devices like the scanner. Once it's activated it can be used by anyone unless it requires thought control like a control chair or puddle jumper.
        Exactly.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
          I believe you must have to Ancient gene to activate certain devices like the scanner. Once it's activated it can be used by anyone unless it requires thought control like a control chair or puddle jumper.
          Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Exactly.
          Except it has been stated within the show in The Siege, Pt. 2 that the LSD REQUIRES the ATA gene to operate. If you find another reference within the show that says that the ATA gene is not required, please point it out to me. It doesn't matter if you believe or I believe the LSD only needs to be activated, within the show itself it has been said that the ATA gene is needed to operate it. This is an oversight by the writers/producers/PTB whomever that has not been explained.
          Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe that particular unit, has a 'memory in' function similar to what we find our calculator. The LSD stores the last initialization by a ATA gene carrier, so if a non-carrier uses it, it'll still work for them. Then, unless certain key buttons are tabbed on unit's little touch screen to disable the the 'memory in' function, the unit will continue to be used by non-carriers. Oh, how I wish they tell us something straight.

Comment

Working...
            X