This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
    The problem is that your trying to argue down to the basest plot. Man and female stuck on ship. I really see the similarities when you dumb the plot down to that basest general level.

Moronic. They weren't trying to kill them. Not only that but your argument makes the giant assumption that Sheppard was on the Aurora.
    Hey, feel free to call the drunk guy a moron but at least I can tell that this episode was a repackaging of Unbound. And, anyone in the military would understand that an operational Aurora class vessel is worth the life of a Colonel. And its not too great of a leap to think that Shepard is on the ANCIENT ship since he is needed to activate the systems.

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
      you're joking right?
      No.
      He doesn't need to be shot.... just chemically castrated.
      Just as a side note him being stunned was a moot point. The first rescue team to arrive was really what affected who would get the ship first.
      And, anyone in the military would understand that an operational Aurora class vessel is worth the life of a Colonel. And its not too great of a leap to think that Shepard is on the ANCIENT ship since he is needed to activate the systems.
      There are still problems with this argument though. The traveler's ships have the ability to knock puddle jumpers out of the sky.
      Last edited by technoextreme; 26 October 2007, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveLongAndProsper View Post
        This episode most definitely did not live up to it's hype. While watching Sheppard jaunting around an abandoned ship with a lovely woman and being beat up on occasion was all well and good, it certainly can't carry the episode.

The ruthless woman leader with the cliche vulnerable side was very sexy, yet wholly uninteresting. (I'm a man, if anyone's wondering). The equally cliched kiss between the hero and the aformentioned sexy alien leader did surprise me in that it was a ploy on her part and he got stunned, which was not the starry-eyed conclusion to that scene I expected. Thank goodness for small miracles.

The thing that frustates me most is how run-of-the-mill this episode is. Did it make me laugh? No. Was I on the edge of my seat at any point? No. Did something unexpected happen, something I didn't guess was going to happen before it happened? Nope. Did I learn anything new about the show's hero? No. I already knew he was very smart, even gifted, and has a soft spot for pretty Pegasus Galaxy residents. Was it utterly predictible? Gods, yes.

I was also puzzled by the absence of Colonel Carter. Not even the token mission approval scene that we would've been gotten with Dr. Weir. Very strange, and as aggravating as the unexplained absence of Ronon and Teyla in Grace Under Pressure.

Even though we ended with the possibility of having found another ally in Pegasus in the Travellers, this episode offered me nothing new, nothing exciting. And once again, I feel gypped out of having an episode in which Sheppard is unable to charm his way out of a dangerous situation and must be completely dependent upon his comrades for rescue. I've been feeling very shortchanged on this issue for quite some time.

For me, this is the weakest episode so far in season 4, and I would only give it a 5 out of 10. Next week's episode looks far more interesting.
        I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
          Incorrect, he couldn't keep it in his pants and because of that he ****ed up again!
          Are you talking about that one kiss? You seriously think Larrin wouldn't have shot him regardless? She doesn't strike me as a damsel in distress type.
          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
            I do think if they had not kidnapped him or maybe even though they kidnapped him - SGA should go into talks/negotiations to get a hold of that ship. If they can find them that is.
            Maybe they would be willing to trade that ship for something roomier and with supplies. I am all for negociating, stealing when you know there are people that need the ship is where i have issues.

Since I assume they are not copying PU that much I will assume that the Travelers actually really do need the ship for their people. Just as the SGA team are willing to do whatever it takes to save Sheppard, the Travelers were willing to do whatever it takes to save their people. I can respect that (Well as long as they dont try to take one of our ships and leave a bunch of people to die....in this case they just kidnapped sheppard and I never really got the sense that they were looking to kill him, just get the stuff they need and cut him loose).
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
              I'm glad to see I'm not alone.
              Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                I can respect that (Well as long as they dont try to take one of our ships and leave a bunch of people to die....in this case they just kidnapped sheppard and I never really got the sense that they were looking to kill him, just get the stuff they need and cut him loose).
                I totally agree with that. I think Larrin & her people saw the advantage of Shep's gene immediately and they did not seem totally incompetent or insane to kill their one immediate solution.

I am for peaceful talks. Bring it on.
                sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                  Are you talking about that one kiss? You seriously think Larrin wouldn't have shot him regardless? She doesn't strike me as a damsel in distress type.
                  He was an idiot for even letting himself put in that situation.

Comment

Well, the scenes between Larrin and Shep were predictable and cheesy but not nearly as cringe-worthy as I thought. But overall I thought this ep was dull. Hero gets captured, hero fights with captors, hero saves the captor and maybe makes a new friend. Eh. This new group of people and their ship didn't get me interested at all. And we spent all this time with Shep but I can't think of anything new I learned about him.

Some of the dialog wasn't all that great either. Shep's "This just...isn't...RIGHT!" when he's suspended over space comes to mind, yikes.

Comment

The problem is that your trying to argue down to the basest plot. Man and female stuck on ship. I really see the similarities when you dumb the plot down to that basest general level.
                      Which is exactly my point. I would like new creative ideas.

Perhaps I took crazy pills before watching, but I found familiarity in many scenes. And I will list some even though I can tell you will argue this forever.

The sexual tension between the "man and female stuck on ship." There are direct parallels from PU and Travelers. The emotions were the same. Daniel and John both fell for the Vala/Larin using their sexuality to their advantage. And in the end, the women don't accpmplish their primary mission, but leave with more than they came.

The scene where Vala was trapped in the hold was more than vaguely familiar to Larin being trapped in the Chair room.

It ended the same "gray" way. Perhaps she will come back, perhaps not. But the respect for the other was clear.

There are three examples, I am sure you will try to debunk
                      Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

<<YAWN>>

Oh, was that me? What a boring episode. Too much Shep, too little *anyone* else, no chemistry between Shep and Larren, obvious plot devices, a contrived Traveler ending... the list goes on. But I was too bored to keep track.

ETA: I forgot all about Shep even commandeering the mission he was returning from because he wanted to go to a place where the people has very little social inhibitions. And smirked about it. This just before we get the sexual "subtext" (otherwise known as hammering) of Leather Chic and Shep. Kirking carried to a ridiculous extreme.

The only redeeming feature of the episode was McKay's "sexy alien" comment and that oh so expressive of Teyla's.

suse
                        Last edited by suse; 26 October 2007, 08:10 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

And in the end, the women don't accpmplish their primary mission, but leave with more than they came.
                          What?? The Aurora class ship is operational. They did accomplish their primary mission. They threw in a secondary mission towards the end but that had no bearing on the fact that they now had the ship. You could have seen the episode differently than I have but I thought it was pretty clear that all she wanted was him to turn it on.
                          Last edited by technoextreme; 26 October 2007, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I will amend my earlier post and say that in fact, I did chuckle on time. It was when Sheppard gave his name to the guard as Reed Richards. That's really the only bit I did enjoy. Unfortunately, it got buried beneath all that other stuff.

Comment

I personally though this was the best episode of the season so far. Adrift is a close second. I'm not setting my hopes high for next week's episode.
                              sigpic

Comment

What?? The Aurora class ship is operational. They did accomplish their primary mission. They threw in a secondary mission towards the end but that had no bearing on the fact that they now had the ship. You don't even watch the episode.
                                I believe her goal was to have a working interface so they could activate the ship. Larin even commented on that in the end of the episode. They have John's blood sample and data from usage of the ship. Larin believes they can eventually come up with an interface, but it would be a lot faster if John was just stay and activate everything else. Therefore, she doesn't have a completely working ship and no working interface, but the most important parts are activated, so her people can live and travel on it.

You're right, I have just made all these comments about an episode I didn't watch, because instead of going out on this friday night, I chose to NOT to watch the show, but wait until it ended to make false and random comments about it..........
                                Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

Working...
                                X