This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
    Also how do they know so much about Ancient tech? I missed the first few minutes. It can't be that easy to fix an ancient hyper drive system.
    Well about the hyperdrive Sheppard said it wasn't broken. It was some conduit or whatchamacallit.
    Shepard is able to track her as she moves through out the ship. I am not aware of any fail safes but he should be able to trap her or space her and then walk to a secure part of the ship while waiting for it to drop out of hyperspace. Does the person need to be alive for those detectors to work?
    Hmmm good point. Why didn't Shepard trap Larrin as soon as he jumped to hyperspace. Then again it might not have mattered if she was in the same room the shield generator was in.

Comment

i stand by my statement that this franchises greatest weakness is its "guest stars". It is sad when the best guest performances are done by puppets (and dom deluise!)
      Last edited by DeRoest; 26 October 2007, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Homeslice55 View Post
        ugh.. I was so excited for this episode. But to me:

Travelers=Prometheus Unbound

I feel like they are borrowing too many things from SG-1. Just new characters.
        Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
        Yeah, but it was written 10 times better than Prometheus Unbound!!
        This episode put "Prometheus Unbound" to shame. Was a much better episode! Overall a great fun episode.
        sigpic

Comment

Okay episode but far from the best so far...considering we have only seen 5 eps.

Way too much like PU episode on over all arc. Not enough bad guys or Wraith...I was wondering if the girl was supposed to be this "New Enemy" that was advertised or Sheps version of Taming of the Shrew.

Really missed Dr. Weir and Carson Beckett.

Teyla is still wall paper. Ronin still a totem pole and Rodney was actually missed this ep.

Shep does need more developing--how many times is he gonna fall for the same trick? Yes, shep--she's gonna screw you over.

I would give it a 7 ot of 10 scale IMO
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post

I've seen both episodes. They aren't even related. One involved stealing a ship to sell for money and the other involved kidnapping a person so they can operate a ship they legitimately???? own.
            Well obviously when narrowed down to that degree of specifics, yes, they were definitely two different shows.

The whole concept of a leading male Stargate team member being trapped on a ship with a hot, technologically intelligent, advanced fighter female alien has been done before. And while I think Travelers was better, it doesn't change the fact it was a hand-me-down from SG1.

My mind is boggled right now that you can't see any similarities.
            Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
              Honestly, I thought this episode sucked... big time. Sheppard should have tried to secure the ship instead of succumbing to the usual Kirk BS he always does. As soon as Larrin's men we dead, he should have taken steps to disable her, preferably by shooting her in the head, breaking little Larrin's neck, or at least letting the Wraith finish its job (God, she annoyed me and deserved to die), and taken the ship back to Atlantis instead of trying to get in her pants like he ALWAYS does. But, then again, if he had done that he and Rodney would have figured a way to destroy it inside of an episode. I'm glad the ship wasn't destroyed, but the stupid Travelers (worst. race. ever... and here's to hoping that either the Wraith or the Replicators (YES, REPLICATORS, NOT ASURANS, they haven't been called Asurans since they were found out to be REPLICATORS) destroy them all) shouldn't have gotten it either. All this episode really proved to me is that the Air Force needs to have Sheppard chemically castrated so that this crap never happens again. Easily the worst episode of the season so far.
              I agree with you. I always wonder why Rodney was in command of a rescue operation. A key member of your expedition was taken hostage but there is also an Aurora class vessel at your disposal. They wonder what to shoot at... Gee, destroy the ships surrounding the Aurora class vessel and while you are at it try to disable that too. It takes a year to decide what to do and then we should be shocked that Shep is back? Its not a two part episode.... If this was speculative fiction then I might wonder if Shepard is back in the next episode...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                Okay episode but far from the best so far...considering we have only seen 5 eps.

Way too much like PU episode on over all arc. Not enough bad guys or Wraith...I was wondering if the girl was supposed to be this "New Enemy" that was advertised or Sheps version of Taming of the Shrew.

Really missed Dr. Weir and Carson Beckett.

Teyla is still wall paper. Ronin still a totem pole and Rodney was actually missed this ep.

Shep does need more developing--how many times is he gonna fall for the same trick? Yes, shep--she's gonna screw you over.

I would give it a 7 ot of 10 scale IMO
                One thing I did notice in this ep- the episode can still be ok without Carter. Although it can't without Mckay. Also, yes, I miss them too. They set the tone of the show as a whole. Also, why does every Ancient ship have to be damaged? Also, why didn't they just dock on the warship? Duh. No brainer.
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Briangate78: I really like your sig. Did you make that? Brian is my favorite Family Guy character!

Also, I agree: Travelers was much better.
                  Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

Originally posted by Homeslice55 View Post
                    My mind is boggled right now that you can't see any similarities.
                    The problem is that your trying to argue down to the basest plot. Man and female stuck on ship. I really see the similarities when you dumb the plot down to that basest general level.
                    I agree with you. I always wonder why Rodney was in command of a rescue operation. A key member of your expedition was taken hostage but there is also an Aurora class vessel at your disposal. They wonder what to shoot at... Gee, destroy the ships surrounding the Aurora class vessel and while you are at it try to disable that too.
                    Moronic. They weren't trying to kill them. Not only that but your argument makes the giant assumption that Sheppard was on the Aurora.
                    Last edited by technoextreme; 26 October 2007, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Well about the hyperdrive Sheppard said it wasn't broken. It was some conduit or whatchamacallit.
                      Hmmm good point. Why didn't Shepard trap Larrin as soon as he jumped to hyperspace. Then again it might not have mattered if she was in the same room the shield generator was in.
                      I'll have to watch the beginning. I saw a few minutes before he stunned his captors. As soon as that happened I was wondering why he didn't trap the girl. Then of course I realized she was hot so that means Shepard must try to 'kiss' her. After that it was pretty easy to guess what was happening next. The Wraith were not a huge surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                        When they said the show will go dark this season, I didn't realize they meant they forgot to pay the light bill and it would be literally dark.
                        Maybe Chris Carter was hired in an unmentioned light-advisory position. (The one thing about X-files that really annoys me)

Wasn't a bad episode, wasn't a great one. To me it was on par with episodes like Aurora and the Ark, which were good episodes but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch them again like I would Sateda, Phantoms, and the Storm/the Eye.

I wish they had explained more the connection between the Travelers and Ronon's gun, though it's nice to see more of that kind of weaponry.

I do like the idea of the Travelers and humans in the Pegasus Galaxy that found a way to maintain their advanced technology and escape the Wraith. It would have been nice to have seen more of their culture, but I understand time constraints.

I'd give it a 7/10.
                        *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
                        *~*
                        sigpic
                        *~*
                        photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

After this episode Sheppard needs to be shot. We lost an Aurora class ship because he couldn't keep it in his pants for God's sake!!

Comment

Great episode.

I love that we finally found out where Ronon's gun came from, but another question is, how did he get it? Did he encounter The Travelers before or what? The Ancient warship suriving, although with a destroyed bridge! About time. And yes, just as others are agreeing, I felt this episode was the Atlantis version of Prometheus Unbound.

Vala,

Comment

The problem is that your trying to argue down to the basest plot. Man and female stuck on ship. I really see the similarities when you dumb the plot down to that level.
                              I think what he meant was that both episodes had very similar elements. Obviously their plots are not gonna be exactly the same, but much of the general idea is. Guy gets stuck alone on an advanced ship with a hot alien girl. Both guy and girl fight for control of the ship, and eventually have to fight a common enemy, where the two end up coming to some common ground.
                              Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                              Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                              Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                              --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                                After this episode Sheppard needs to be shot. We lost an Aurora class ship because he couldn't keep it in his pants for God's sake!!
                                Wasn't our ship to begin with. It was theirs. What if they had not kidnapped Sheppard, do you think we should have attacked them and stolen it?
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X