Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
    LOL good luck with that plan
    even if we could produce the continent worth of ozone required, we have no way to get it up there
    oh, it'll get up there. it'll just take 20-30 years. that's not a lot of time given that it took us 50 years to deplete the ozone layer. unless you prefer that we live in a desert...

i say if we wanted to reverse everything we've done we could have. but we won't cuz' it costs a fortune.
    sigpic

Comment

Hm. I see that my thread turned into a globalist talk. Well, never mind...
      People created religious intentions
      only to feel superior and to have a licence to kill.

Comment

Atlantis is still intact in the future, which means Michael never attacked it (like Woolsey said), which means he was probably defeated eventually anyway. The city might've been abandoned for any number of reasons. Maybe Earth started building their own flying cities and didn't need Atlantis any more, or perhaps everyone ascended.

And 40000 years ago was the middle of an ice age. Antarctica was even colder and more desolate than it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
          oh, it'll get up there. it'll just take 20-30 years. that's not a lot of time given that it took us 50 years to deplete the ozone layer. unless you prefer that we live in a desert...
          no, it won't.
          first of all, on the surface ozone is a pollutant, releasing it on the surface will hurt humans, animal and plant life.
          secondly, it's a highly unstable molecule that reacts easily. it won't get anywhere near the ozone layer in the stratosphere where it's needed

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
            Lol, did you just support ure argument by basically saying antartica is at the south pole 40k so it was cold so there was no rain forests? That makes no sense and isnt a proof. Antartica was more or less in the same place 40k years ago, there were rainforests as evidenced by the dating of the ice cores and the dating of the biological remains in the top strata. If there were rainforest plants the 40k and the continent was in the same place 40k then it was obviously a warm place. And if its warm there its warm everywhere, cold spots dont randomly appear. UcWutIdidThar?

Resources are assests to be spent, thats how it it. When theyre spent u come up with new ones or stop doing whatever it was the old assets were used for.

Screw respecting the environment. Its been doing its best to kill us our entire existance. Wanna save small pox? Maybe we should respect AIDS too? After all its nature and has rights. Worse case senario we all end up living in a giant underground city like in the matrix movies. Im ok with that, screw nature. We have machines that can make oxygen.

Never heard of a supernova huh? Our sun may not have enough mass to complete blow but it will blast off most off its mass before collapsing, if thats not an explosion what is?
            What i'm talking about is that antarctica was in the position it is now, and right now, its -30 degrees there. It could've never have tropical rainforests at that spot because its distance from the equator. The hotter it gets when you're near the equator, antarctica is at the bottom of the earth, far away from the equator, it doesn't make sense that antarctica had rainforests 40,000 years ago because of the equator rule. Sunlight will always hit the equator with full force, while hitting other countries, like Canada, with 50% of that, which is why it's so damn cold here. Your theory completely falls apart because if its so far from the equator, how could it recieve enough sunlight to heat up and have rain forests?

Normally, i'd agree with what you say, assets are to be spent. But you've never thought about the non-reusable resources. When they're spent, THEY DONT COME BACK. once we deplete our fossil fuels, where do we get oil? the economy will fall apart because everyone has a car and can't afford a solar panel car, or an electric car. Everyone on earth relies on the fossil fuels, and i'm not saying that thats a bad thing, but if we never inveneted the burning of fossil fuels then we would never have this problem, and the solar car was invented a few years after that, and they realised if they introduce that car, the economy won't accept it.

Small pox, HIV and all those other things aren't actually the environment. HIV was actually mutated from the original HIV virus, but thats not the point. the point is we're not protecting the BAD things nature offers, but the GOOD things. why the hell would anyone protect the bad things? o.o

and supernovas only happens with blue giants, our sun is the smallest one, and it cant "explode", it will just get bigger and bigger, burn up earth, and then shrink to a white dwarf.
            INSERT QUOTE" The Sun does not have enough mass to explode as a supernova. Instead, in 5–6 billion years, it will enter a red giant phase, its outer layers expanding as the hydrogen fuel in the core is consumed and the core contracts and heats up" I did a whole project on the suns for grade 11 astronomy and got a 97 on it AND MARKS DON'T LIE THARE
            also we can't CREATE ozone molecules because they are extremely harmful down on earth and we have no way of getting it up atmosphere. the planes will crash once it reaches a certain height.

Comment

The human race was probably so advanced they had cities 10 times better then Atlantis and that is why they abandoned it

Comment

for rodney to make such a bold declaration like that we must have been in some interstellar war, other than that humanity probably survived in one form or another. After seeing what cloning did to the asgard i dont think it is reasonable to assume we copied them.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                  The human race is 200,000 years old, 50k isnt much time relatively speaking. The previous form of man, homo erectus died out what... 1 million years ago give or take. And their first fossils show up 3 million years ago.
                  Actually erectus overlaps Neandertalis by about another few hundred thousand years.

Originally posted by Dr.Mckay View Post
                  Yeah because the human race before weren't "smart" enough to invent burning of fossil fuels to induce carbon monoxide, chlorofluorocarbons and other harmful chemicals into the atmosphere, kill our o-zone layer, and don't have a clue how to reverse it.
                  Actually both erectus and neandertalis were within modern human dimensions and brain size. There is not one shred of evidence to indicate they were any less intelligent than you or I.

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
                    Actually erectus overlaps Neandertalis by about another few hundred thousand years.

Actually both erectus and neandertalis were within modern human dimensions and brain size. There is not one shred of evidence to indicate they were any less intelligent than you or I.

I emphasis the smart part, note the sarcasm of how i said smart.
                    I mean how the people before didn't invent the burning of fossil fuels.

Comment

Naquadah Generators don't produce anything to harm the environment: im sure humans would've used those within 50,000 years.

So enough with the environmentalist destroying earth crap. HELLO? there are OTHER PLANETS out there! if earth was screwd, we could've just picked up and MOVED SOMEWHERE ELSE?

Some people fail to grasp the obvious.

Comment

Uh...we have yet to find another habitable planet besides Earth...in the real world, anyway. Are you talking about that, or the Stargate universe?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Uh...we have yet to find another habitable planet besides Earth...in the real world, anyway. Are you talking about that, or the Stargate universe?
                          Real world. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                            no, it won't.
                            first of all, on the surface ozone is a pollutant, releasing it on the surface will hurt humans, animal and plant life.
                            secondly, it's a highly unstable molecule that reacts easily. it won't get anywhere near the ozone layer in the stratosphere where it's needed
                            are you certain about that? i read somewhere that such a plan was proposed but was later turned down due to the high cost.

and i don't know about how bad ozone is. clearly i'm no chemist. but i guess it is not as bad as CO or CO2 or other similar gases.
                            sigpic

Comment

The gap in the O-zone layer has actually started to close, but it won't be good enough.

Comment

Haha ok you got me, forgot a few decimal points on my warm antartica. But i still wonder why Kircher found an egyptian map showing antartica free of ice in a way they couldnt have known.

Still.... i. will. not. save. the. rainforest.

XD

Comment

Working...
                                X