Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the best Season finales ever!!!( Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't argue with you, Brian. Loved it so much that my review of the episode overran the word limit of Gateworld posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      I am still debating if it tops the Seige. I would have to watch both eps over again to make a better comparison.
      Watching The Siege part 1 as i read this
      Been watching my favourite episodes of season 1 during the night! (4:40 AM here atm!)

Edit: and on topic, yes i loved the episode, not a big fan of the ending though to be honest, would've rather seen it end 5 minutes earlier.
      Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
      Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

It really didn't do it for me.

I think this season has been fantastic on the whole, I can't think of an episode that I'd label as terrible, and the finale was good. But it wasn't finale good.

Essentially it was "There but for the grace of God" replayed, which worked great in SG-1 leading into the highstakes finale. This season needed a big finish and it just kinda went out with a whimper.

The concept was interesting, but on the other hand completely throw away. Rodney's tale was empty to me, showing everyone getting killed off one by one was boring by the time it got to Ronan. I didn't care because all of that was going to be erased by the time the episode was over. Nothing up until the point where Sheppard came back actually moved the story foward at all. We didn't learn anything significant other than an address where Teyla is going to be in two months time. Other than that it was all empty. From the moment Rodney spoke the whole episode was predictable. Nothing unexpected happened, nothing new, nothing exciting, just Rodney talking over short scenes of people getting killed. There was no tension, no excitement, there was nothing to make me feel that finale buzz.

There were little details too that just didn't appear that would have made this soo much better. Keller for instance when telling Rodney not to change the timeline could have made a mention of their relationship, it seemed very vaguely implied, but I really wanted her to say something like "it would destroy the time we've had together"

Ronon shouldn't die hiding, he should have been up on his feet as hit the detonator, screaming and firing, going out in a blaze of glory.

Not one of them was ever really dead, and we knew it right from the start that they weren't so I felt nothing for them when they were killed.

But, as a standard episode it was okay on the whole, it would have been on the lower end of the scale for episodes this season, but if it was followed by the finale it would have certainly got me excitied about what was coming next. Micheal is underused, he is a great character, I'd of loved to have seen a bit more of him.

The cliffhanger was the worst Atlantis has had. As cliche as it comes and the final five minutes felt like they were quickly stuck on to the end of the episode. The final minutes were the only finale-like parts of the episode.

As a standalone episode it was okay, as a finale it was hugely disappointing.

Oh and Woolesy looked ridiculous in that uniform, here's hoping he keeps his suit for when he really takes over.
        I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Working...
        X