X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
    25 years into the future, Earth didn't seem like a nice place to live in
    and the stargate program didn't change a thing for the average Earthling
    While I agree about the first part(I think the US is now a fascist regime), I don't know about the second one. Maybe that Minority Report type glove/screen was thanks to the Stargate programme. And, obviously, they found a way to stop hair loss. That's probably thanks to Hammond's continued support of the programme. And God knows what else! They may have even found oil on some other planets, so that gas is cheaper than water. And the water is more expensive than gold, because it's all polluted.

Comment

This episode showed that Michael is no joke enemy and he means business. He truly has become one of the baddest enemies of SGA! Not only humans are being effected but Wraith also. The two that are not effected are becoming his hybrids.

I think Carson Beckett should be the one to end Michael's reign. He was the one who created him, because of his retro-virus.

Michael: You know what's ironic? I never asked for any of this.

Best Fraking line!
      sigpic

Comment

I find it pretty ridiculous that the wraith went down so easily.

a race like that should have found a way to survive

and certainly not fall by the hand of a rogue hybrid with a bunch of drones

and another thing
        now we know that no matter what happens, the IOA is gonna screw Earth up
        25 years into the future, Earth didn't seem like a nice place to live in
        and the stargate program didn't change a thing for the average Earthling
        Just another reason why McKay found it soooo imperaitve to change the timeline....if all was well and good on Earth 25 yrs in the future then why the hell change things other than to bring your friends back? They had to make it look like things were bad EVERYWHERE not just in the Pegasus galaxy in order for things to seem more plausible.
        Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
        &=AWESOME &Forever
        No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          That would require emotions... TPTB don't do emotions well...they have no idea what to do with them... They're like Sheppard and emotions, BAD! Besides that would require them to use all of their cast, and they ran out of money cause they spilled it all on bad CG or overdone CG.
          They can do emotions, but I think because this was a fast paced ep and they needed to fit a lot into it, there wasn't (for me anyway) that emotional connection. I cried like a baby last week, so I know emotions can be written well, it's just for me this time, not so much. I'm one of those that likes to see people's reactions to stressful situations and places that push them beyond their limits and just show their 'character' and how their presense effects and impacts on those around them. And for me I just didn't see that. We saw some of it in Shep, but it's one thing to hear about it and another to witness it. Rodney's feelings were slightly more evident, but it was Keller's death that finally spurned him into action? Yes, love is a powerful thing, but I don't know, I just don't see it. Growing friendship and love coming from friendship, possibly it just seemed rushed. I'm hoping to see more of the caring side and lots of love in Search and rescue and maybe some nice infirmary scenes. I just need to feel the loss I think, and I didn't with this. So many deaths, and it was I think too much in too short of time I think.

Yes, they were showing the impact with Ronon leaving after Shep and Teyla died and that was his catalyst, their deaths. But I guess I expected more on the motivation and feelings side. I need to feel the ep tugging at my heart strings. And I only got that a little bit.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          This episode showed that Michael is no joke enemy and he means business. He truly has become one of the baddest enemies of SGA! Not only humans are being effected but Wraith also. The two that are not effected are becoming his hybrids.

I think Carson Beckett should be the one to end Michael's reign. He was the one who created him, because of his retro-virus.

Michael: You know what's ironic? I never asked for any of this.

Best Fraking line!
          I think this ep was a good one for Michael and how much it's tipped him over the edge, the whole power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. He plays Mr Nasty really well, and yeah I did love the beheading, because i'm sick and twisted, and it was a bit of a shock. But it showed that nothing and noone was going to stand in his way. So, let's hope we get more Michael in S5.

Comment

Interesting ep. Very dramatic. Very sad to see everyone die, Sam went as a hero, so did Ronon, but side by side with a Wraith. Was it just me, but I was LMAO seeing Woolsey in the uniform.
            Cap:
            Spoiler:

Still LMAO.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              Interesting ep. Very dramatic. Very sad to see everyone die, Sam went as a hero, so did Ronon, but side by side with a Wraith. Was it just me, but I was LMAO seeing Woolsey in the uniform.
              Cap:
              Spoiler:

Still LMAO.
              Yeah he looked like a total dork!!
              Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
              &=AWESOME &Forever
              No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Hehe for some reason I was laughing so hard at the last scene when the building fell off and I went: "there goes the team!"

IMO when Sheppard went into the stasis pod they should've ended the ep right there. It would've made a more dramatic cliffhanger. But all in all it was a fantastic ep. Ronan went out in a bang, so did Sam. I was bugged by the Minority Report rip-off though, so "original" and just about the only bit we see of the kind of technological advances in the future.
                "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                  Cap:

Still LMAO.
                  I have to confess that I too chuckled when seeing Woolsey in his uniform. Somehow it just doesn't look quite right!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                    Yeah he looked like a total dork!!
                    I think that was done to make it shown how much Woolsey didn't belong with the Atlantis crew, that was just that different.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                      ...but I think because this was a fast paced ep and they needed to fit a lot into it...
                      Fast paced?!? Are you kidding me?

My cat was even more fast paced than this, and he was asleep.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                        While I agree about the first part(I think the US is now a fascist regime), I don't know about the second one. Maybe that Minority Report type glove/screen was thanks to the Stargate programme.
                        doubtful, they're concept technologies they're already working on in real world Earth, we don't need the stargate program to do it.
                        And, obviously, they found a way to stop hair loss. That's probably thanks to Hammond's continued support of the programme.
                        I imagine we might be able to do it in 25 years in the real world as well.
                        And God knows what else! They may have even found oil on some other planets, so that gas is cheaper than water. And the water is more expensive than gold, because it's all polluted.
                        hmm no, they didn't end up revealing the stargate program did they?
                        plus gas being cheaper than water sounds like a great boost for economic stability, oh and global warming too
                        Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                        Just another reason why McKay found it soooo imperaitve to change the timeline....if all was well and good on Earth 25 yrs in the future then why the hell change things other than to bring your friends back? They had to make it look like things were bad EVERYWHERE not just in the Pegasus galaxy in order for things to seem more plausible.
                        but then he didn't really change much did he?
                        the IOA is still going to run Atlantis next year and probably stay in charge on Earth for years to come
                        I don't imagine 25 years from now that Earth will look any different
                        it seems our society is pretty much rotten to the core, and the stargate program isn't going to change that
                        makes the whole thing seem kind of meaningless

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                          I'm not quite sure what you mean that the Wraith went 'down' so easily, you mean when Sam crashed the Phoenix into them, or by some other means. We didn't actually see 'many' wraith in this ep, so to imply that they've been wiped out, I wouldn't say is accurate. We only saw a snippet of the wraith, mostly it involved Michael and his drones, joining in with his cause. I think that was the 'start' of things, we haven't seen the full effect, that probably comes in S5 possibly in Search and Rescue.
                          no, I mean that a single person (Michael) was able to bring down a race like the Wraith with a bunch of hybrid drones and a drug, and all that in a single year
                          you're talking about a race who has bio engineered space ships and they can't find an antidote for a simple drug?

Comment

no, I mean that a single person (Michael) was able to bring down a race like the Wraith with a bunch of hybrid drones and a drug, and all that in a single year
                            you're talking about a race who has bio engineered space ships and they can't find an antidote for a simple drug?
                            The Asgard also could not find a cure for a medical problem, remember.

And did they ever say it was a single year?
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by gateroom View Post
                              Great show, it seems like just last week that we watched the 1st episode of season 4.

One thing from the show if Sheppard spent 5 to 8 hundred years in stasis, wouldn't he of aged a little. As I remember it doesn't stop the body from aging all together.
                              I thought about that, or maybe McKay was able to fix up the stasis to get past that issue or something. Anyway, I'm not the best math person but wouldn't 700 years in stasis equal 4.9 years of aging? The stasis pod ages a person at the rate of 70 years of biological age for 10000 years of actual time or 142 times less aging than normal. So that means that Sheppard would only have aged 4.9 years if I'm correct. Maybe that was his extra years being used from Todd giving him back his life and McKay's "He looks younger" comment so he would be OK.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                The Asgard also could not find a cure for a medical problem, remember.
                                that was genetic degeneration, that's quite different
                                Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                And did they ever say it was a single year?
                                yes

Comment

Working...
                                X