This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    According to the plothole definition, it is. What happened to the crystal? Why did we have all that mumbo jumbo in Atlantis and stupid log checks to see if Sheppard is telling the truth. Why didn't they check out the crystal? It had more than enough information to support Sheppard's story.
    Okay...but anyone could have created the info on the crystal.

Like...Michael perhaps.

Just as they took precautions with Beckett in Kindred 2, they have to take the same precautions with Shep, because he was MIA for 12 days. Things happen.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Spoiler:

Hologram McKay: I know its kinda cool when you think about it isn't it....?
      Sheppard: Surfing a 30 foot wave in Waimea is cool, dating super-model is cool, THIS IS NOT COOL!

Comment

The worse season finale ever in the history of mankind...okay I mean tv shows.

It was pointless. Watching events that are not going to have an impact on the story or future plots doesn't allow me to have any attachments to anything.

It was like the writers couldn't be bothered or couldn't come up with any ideas to finish this Michael Story (WHich was one of my favorite plots in the show ) with the whole Teyla's baby is the next hybrid of the Galaxy.

I wanted all the bad guys to come together and have a whole battle etc...I thought that Satedian wraith worshipper that Ronan fought in the third episode would come back for a fight off! And maybe we could see the team fight a hybrid monster that Michael created....anything worth getting excited about.

All the very cool visual effects in space with the wraith ships and Phoenix were excellent but they didn't actually happen and have no part in the actual real plot and story.

They may have well said it was all a dream.

I can't even think about that Mckay and Jen kiss. I'm not saying that the two getting together was a bad thing - but that kiss was horrible. I loved the chemistry that Ronan had with jen - ah - so confused. Timeline alteration isn't good. It's pointless.

My sister was dissapointed and asked if I was going to watch Season five. I have to because I love SGA.

But, maybe I need to let go, lol - because it is going in a different direction (in my opinion the writing is poor and empty - the rest is superb like directing and visual effects etc..) and majority seemed to love it so maybe it's not for me.

Season 1-3 is second best Tv show ever! What happened?

Ah - one good thing about this episode though - Joe Flannigan looked the most hot he has ever looked since season one. I think he had been on holiday or something because he had that glow that pregnant women have! HAHA!
        sigpicFreebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Comment

Originally posted by sweetsamurai View Post
          The worse season finale ever in the history of mankind...okay I mean tv shows.

It was pointless. Watching events that are not going to have an impact on the story or future plots doesn't allow me to have any attachments to anything.

It was like the writers couldn't be bothered or couldn't come up with any ideas to finish this Michael Story (WHich was one of my favorite plots in the show ) with the whole Teyla's baby is the next hybrid of the Galaxy.

I wanted all the bad guys to come together and have a whole battle etc...I thought that Satedian wraith worshipper that Ronan fought in the third episode would come back for a fight off! And maybe we could see the team fight a hybrid monster that Michael created....anything worth getting excited about.

All the very cool visual effects in space with the wraith ships and Phoenix were excellent but they didn't actually happen and have no part in the actual real plot and story.

They may have well said it was all a dream.

I can't even think about that Mckay and Jen kiss. I'm not saying that the two getting together was a bad thing - but that kiss was horrible. I loved the chemistry that Ronan had with jen - ah - so confused. Timeline alteration isn't good. It's pointless.

My sister was dissapointed and asked if I was going to watch Season five. I have to because I love SGA.

But, maybe I need to let go, lol - because it is going in a different direction (in my opinion the writing is poor and empty - the rest is superb like directing and visual effects etc..) and majority seemed to love it so maybe it's not for me.

Season 1-3 is second best Tv show ever! What happened?

Ah - one good thing about this episode though - Joe Flannigan looked the most hot he has ever looked since season one. I think he had been on holiday or something because he had that glow that pregnant women have! HAHA!
          It was a 'what if' scenario, and I'm sorry if you didn't feel for what happens to the AU charaters. I really liked it, along with most of the rest of season 4(and not for the CGI, that building blowing up was utter crap). I haven't thought the writing was bad, and for pete's sake, get off the Ronon/Keller thing, it was one moment. Stop assuming that just cause they nearly kissed once that they should be married by now, it's rediculous.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
            Okay...but anyone could have created the info on the crystal.

Like...Michael perhaps.

Just as they took precautions with Beckett in Kindred 2, they have to take the same precautions with Shep, because he was MIA for 12 days. Things happen.

Morjana
            I'm just trying to wonder how 500-700 years in stasus equates to 12 days. Can anyone do the math thing on this, while I turn my attention to the thunking below.

Thanks

*cough*

That's because he was hot in this eppy! Well, the sun about to go supernova will tend to make someone very hot. And damn it succeeded.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              There's one small, teenyweeny problem. This was all AU so technically that never happened. Oops!

So Ronon is still Ronon after The Kindred II when we start season 5 and he wouldn't have had that kind of development.
              Technically true. But the thing is, it's still very close to home that while the scene never actualy happened, it's more likely to happen then, let us say, 80 year old Daniel in Unending. If to take Unending as an example, this seen is probably nearer the "Daniel and Vala get together" bit than the "Daniel and Vala summarise their lives together" bit. It's possible, and it shades enough light on the character to give us something, especially something as desperately needed as getting Ronon outside of his box.
              Besides. I love Todd.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
              Dont tell anyone but he'll have an episode where he can develop as much as he wants
              I wish. I could have lived with those token episodes a bit better had they actually developed Ronon. But neither Sateda nor erm, episode three this season, don't remember its name, even tried to challenge Ronon. So, no character development. The only difference between those and regular episodes is that Rionon shows how tough he is for 45 minutes instead of 5 minutes. Ooh.
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Excellent episode.

Although, to be honest, I did yell out (quite loudly actually), "those *******s" during the last five seconds of the episode.

Nothing personal, of course.

I love time travel stories.

Someone commented earlier on in this thread about the Wraith Queen that was decapitated by Michael. She was portrayed by Andree Frizzell. Andee let the cat out of the bag (must have been Falcon Horus' cat) at a convention that she was appearing in this episode.

From SG1-Spoilergate:

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1.../message/29970

At this link:

http://community.livejournal.com/peg3con/16261.html

A fan has commentary and photos (Kavan Smith, Paul McGillion, Torri
                Higginson, Andee Frizzell, Dean Marshal) from the Pegasus 3 convention.

And a spoiler for The Last Man -- Andee Frizell will also be in the
                episode, portraying the Wraith Queen, in a scene with Michael (Connor
                Trinneer).

Season Four was excellent in the characters of Michael and Todd. Michael, (in prior seasons) who had been transformed into a human, and was given the opportunity to be "good" (ie, not kill other sentient life forms for food), instead chose to revert back into Wraith. Unfortunately, he didn't completely revert back to a full Wraith, and has become the Hybrid Without An Identity in the Pegasus Galaxy.

All through season three, he was portrayed as Mr. Evil, and we were left to wonder if ALL Wraith were evil -- just hatched that way (sort of like the Goa'uld).

However, with the introduction of Todd in season three, and with more character development in season four, we see that Wraith can choose between good and evil, for fighting for the greater good. So evil doesn't appear to be an inherent trait with the Wraith. Michael himself is evil, as an individual.

Now, back to the time travel in this episode. With Shep going so far into the future, this episode had a hint of "Red Dwarf" about it. A shame Atlantis didn't have a cat (oh wait, maybe they could have borrowed Falcon Horus' cat).

I think the reason I love time travel stories is that -- well, for all we know, no one has really time traveled, so it's "free range" for theories as to what would work or not.

I was going to try and tie in references to "Moebius, Part II," or perhaps "Window of Opportunity" or "1969" or "2010" -- and realized that they were all separate different versions of time travel, and might not fit with TLM.

What might be interesting in season five's "Search and Rescue" that Rodney figures out a way to send John back in time (again) to prevent...whatever needs to be prevented, so that Teyla is rescued and not everyone is blown up in that building.

I also thought it was interesting that Shep got in a comment about the Genii's Ladon Radim, and that they mentioned the events of "Harmony" again. Sort of inferring that the Genii in that episode were mercenaries.

Teyla's and Kanaan's baby is very similar to Sha're's and Apophis' baby, Shifu, the harcesis child. As we found in out in SGA's season one episode, "The Gift," Teyla's father Tagan was experimented on by a Wraith scientist and had hybrid human/wraith genes, which Tagan passed on to Teyla. And Kanaan also had similar genes.

I'm presuming Michael wants Teyla's baby to refine his process of creating human/wraith clones.

About Rodney not "thinking of a way to save Sheppard until Jennifer was dying." I think that scene when Rodney was standing in the SGC hallway thinking...he was trying so hard NOT to think of what it would mean to him to lose Jennifer (especially after losing everyone else so close to him over the past several years)...that his mind kind of wandered from his personal misery and turned left at the portion of his brain that is fixated on solving problems...and Eureka! He thinks of a solution to returning Shep from the future. He did say he was going to have to invent a whole new form of math just to do the calculations.

So we're left to ponder until season five premieres -- just how the heck will Sheppard and the team Save the Pegasus Galaxy by Saving the Baby!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                  It was a 'what if' scenario, and I'm sorry if you didn't feel for what happens to the AU charaters. I really liked it, along with most of the rest of season 4(and not for the CGI, that building blowing up was utter crap). I haven't thought the writing was bad, and for pete's sake, get off the Ronon/Keller thing, it was one moment. Stop assuming that just cause they nearly kissed once that they should be married by now, it's rediculous.
                  I didn't say they should get married, lol. I don't like marriage in real life - it's boring. But, I do like them together. Opposites attract in all.

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post

*cough*

That's because he was hot in this eppy! Well, the sun about to go supernova will tend to make someone very hot. And damn it succeeded.
                  Ah yes that is why! He should stay in hot places all the time.

I loved it when he put that black scarf around his neck - so French and yummy.

Sheppard in 'Scarf oh hotty':
                  Spoiler:
                  sigpicFreebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                    Excellent episode.

Although, to be honest, I did yell out (quite loudly actually), "those *******s" during the last five seconds of the episode.

Nothing personal, of course.

I love time travel stories.

Someone commented earlier on in this thread about the Wraith Queen that was decapitated by Michael. She was portrayed by Andree Frizzell. Andee let the cat out of the bag (must have been Falcon Horus' cat) at a convention that she was appearing in this episode.

From SG1-Spoilergate:

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1.../message/29970

At this link:

http://community.livejournal.com/peg3con/16261.html

A fan has commentary and photos (Kavan Smith, Paul McGillion, Torri
                    Higginson, Andee Frizzell, Dean Marshal) from the Pegasus 3 convention.

And a spoiler for The Last Man -- Andee Frizell will also be in the
                    episode, portraying the Wraith Queen, in a scene with Michael (Connor
                    Trinneer).

Season Four was excellent in the characters of Michael and Todd. Michael, (in prior seasons) who had been transformed into a human, and was given the opportunity to be "good" (ie, not kill other sentient life forms for food), instead chose to revert back into Wraith. Unfortunately, he didn't completely revert back to a full Wraith, and has become the Hybrid Without An Identity in the Pegasus Galaxy.

All through season three, he was portrayed as Mr. Evil, and we were left to wonder if ALL Wraith were evil -- just hatched that way (sort of like the Goa'uld).

However, with the introduction of Todd in season three, and with more character development in season four, we see that Wraith can choose between good and evil, for fighting for the greater good. So evil doesn't appear to be an inherent trait with the Wraith. Michael himself is evil, as an individual.

Now, back to the time travel in this episode. With Shep going so far into the future, this episode had a hint of "Red Dwarf" about it. A shame Atlantis didn't have a cat (oh wait, maybe they could have borrowed Falcon Horus' cat).

I think the reason I love time travel stories is that -- well, for all we know, no one has really time traveled, so it's "free range" for theories as to what would work or not.

I was going to try and tie in references to "Moebius, Part II," or perhaps "Window of Opportunity" or "1969" or "2010" -- and realized that they were all separate different versions of time travel, and might not fit with TLM.

What might be interesting in season five's "Search and Rescue" that Rodney figures out a way to send John back in time (again) to prevent...whatever needs to be prevented, so that Teyla is rescued and not everyone is blown up in that building.

I also thought it was interesting that Shep got in a comment about the Genii's Ladon Radim, and that they mentioned the events of "Harmony" again. Sort of inferring that the Genii in that episode were mercenaries.

Teyla's and Kanaan's baby is very similar to Sha're's and Apophis' baby, Shifu, the harcesis child. As we found in out in SGA's season one episode, "The Gift," Teyla's father Tagan was experimented on by a Wraith scientist and had hybrid human/wraith genes, which Tagan passed on to Teyla. And Kanaan also had similar genes.

I'm presuming Michael wants Teyla's baby to refine his process of creating human/wraith clones.

About Rodney not "thinking of a way to save Sheppard until Jennifer was dying." I think that scene when Rodney was standing in the SGC hallway thinking...he was trying so hard NOT to think of what it would mean to him to lose Jennifer (especially after losing everyone else so close to him over the past several years)...that his mind kind of wandered from his personal misery and turned left at the portion of his brain that is fixated on solving problems...and Eureka! He thinks of a solution to returning Shep from the future. He did say he was going to have to invent a whole new form of math just to do the calculations.

So we're left to ponder until season five premieres -- just how the heck will Sheppard and the team Save the Pegasus Galaxy by Saving the Baby!

Morjana
                    I think that's the most i've seen you write Morjana. I liked the fact that as you said, they mentioned Ladon. Hopefully we'll see more of him and his armies in season 5. I think the Genii seemed to be a bit raggeddy anne in S4, so i'd love to see what Ladon's been upto, but I think it's a case of finding a storyline that they can fit in to.

I just have a sneaking suspicion that they managed to find some underground catacoombs and have hidden in there, and that's how they have survived.... hopefully a little battle weary though. Just for realisim of course.

I didn't say they should get married, lol. I don't like marriage in real life - it's boring. But, I do like them together. Opposites attract in all.

Ah yes that is why! He should stay in hot places all the time.

I loved it when he put that black scarf around his neck - so French and yummy.

Sheppard in 'Scarf oh hotty':
                    Spoiler:
                    I was even shallower than you.

TLM Caps - Disclaimer!! This link takes you to the whump thread, so if the idea of having a character getting the crap kicked out of them disturbs you, then please do not venture in.

Comment

It took a while but you lot got there . Wondered how long it will take to turn this into a nekkid Shep around the house thread

Comment

Thanks - I do my best

I have to say a massive well done to Martin Wood for the fantastic directing! Though I may not like the episode I did enjoy the acting and the directing!

Comment

Oh Inte, now you know talk like that gets me all excited, but babe, did you see a nekkid Shep anywhere in this eppy? If so, can I have a copy. Hell if there was, i'd have been squeeing a lot more. The man added layers, I mean how inconsiderate. It didn't matter that he was going through a serious sandstorm, Shep should be wearing less layers, not more!

Hell, if this had been in the ep.....

Spoiler for Broken Ties
                          Spoiler:
                          And it was Shep's, not Rodney bathing , THEN you would have seen me getting all excited, because yes I am THAT shallow, and dang proud of it to!

Comment

Oh Inte, now you know talk like that gets me all excited, but babe, did you see a nekkid Shep anywhere in this eppy? If so, can I have a copy. Hell if there was, i'd have been squeeing a lot more. The man added layers, I mean how inconsiderate. It didn't matter that he was going through a serious sandstorm, Shep should be wearing less layers, not more!

He sure have been more than naked coming in out of that sandstorm. That little bit of covering wouldn't have helped much. Any patch of skin showing (hands, at least part of face, neck) would have been sandscrubbed *off*. That is real whump.

Also, did anyone notice that Shep's hair was more in control coming out of the *sandstorm* than a few minutes later in front of the over-used when it's twice in a row eps stasis pod? He must have found a gel dispenser on the way.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I'm just trying to wonder how 500-700 years in stasus equates to 12 days. Can anyone do the math thing on this, while I turn my attention to the thunking below.
                              You can have no problem with the 48,000 ( should have been 42) but have issues with the 500-700??

Rodney had him frozen to wait for favorable set of variables, however long it took. Those variables would send him back in time to very close to when he left. In this case 12 days. See SG-1 episode "1969" for technobabble details. Second to last ep, season 2.

suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Reason Shepp did not grow old in stasis like Weir in Before I sleep ? He was gone surfing for 12 days not 50.000 years

Comment

Working...
                                X