This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sblade
    Are you the forum owner? If not, take care of your own business.

SGA is a dying show. Don't kid yourself.
    the show is alive and well to some of us. and this ep proved it great story all the way through
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Wow. That was brilliant.

The possible future was so bleak, yet so amazing. I love those "end of the line" stories where we get to see everyone meet their maker. This episode delivered big time. Carter went down fighting to the very end, and Ronon and Todd worked together and went out smiling, that was amazing. Major kudos to Mamoa and Heyerdahl for giving a great scene.
      Ronon: "I was just gonna blow it up."
      Todd: "Naturally."
      Best. Line. Ever.

And McKay and Keller, no matter how much I hate them as a couple (Keller-Ronon please) made perfect sense given the circumstances.

Future Hologram Rodney was great. I loved the final exchange with Sheppard. This episode was a near tearjerker.

And that cliffhanger, sweet.

This is still the best show on TV, bar none. Is Season 5 ready yet?
      Last edited by Infernorhythm; 07 March 2008, 09:10 PM.
      Rush rocks.

Comment

That's a little hostile. It was a genuine question, and this is a discussion thread.

Many here do not hold your opinion of the show. I find it entertaining and thought provoking week after week. Much better than most of what you'll find on TV these days.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana
        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
          Wow. That was brilliant.

The possible future was so bleak, yet so amazing. I love those "end of the line" stories where we get to see everyone meet their maker. This episode delivered big time. Carter went down fighting to the very end, and Ronon and Todd worked together and went out smiling, that was amazing. Major kudos to Mamoa and Heyerdahl for giving a great scene. And McKay and Keller, no matter how much I hate them as a couple (Keller-Ronon please) made perfect sense given the circumstances.

Future Hologram Rodney was great. I loved the final exchange with Sheppard. This episode was a near tearjerker.

And that cliffhanger, sweet.

This is still the best show on TV, bar none. Is Season 5 ready yet?
          virtual green for you

this was a great ep seeing the 1 version of the was amazing ...Pegasus really went down hill and it's all our fault if we hadn't created Micheal it never would have happen.

Comment

Hmm...refusal to answer a genuine question. Interesting.

BTW, dying is in the eye of the beholder. I would venture a guess that you hope it's a dying show and may be a little upset that it's not since there is a fifth season coming.

Comment

Originally posted by cynatnite View Post
              Hmm...refusal to answer a genuine question. Interesting.

BTW, dying is in the eye of the beholder. I would venture a guess that you hope it's a dying show and may be a little upset that it's not since there is a fifth season coming.
              To visit the logic of his response for a moment: would my being the forum owner really make me more entitled to an answer anyway?
              Theoretically spoilerish:
              Spoiler:
              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I loved 80% of this episode hated 5% and the other 15% I was kicking because I knew it would all never happen! So I liked it?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
                  To visit the logic of his response for a moment: would my being the forum owner really make me more entitled to an answer anyway?
                  Of course it would. Sounds like somebody needs to study up on their internet logics to me.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by wm_1987 View Post
                    I'm not sure it's all because he went missing, but I do think it's a part of it. The main reason was because they didn't get to Teyla in time.

I do think Sheppard was a cause in the way things went after Teyla died. Because of John and Teyla being gone Ronon left. Even though everyone was still fighting in their way, they are best as a team. Maybe John is the glue of the team, Teyla joined because him, Ronon as well, and look at the AI Rodney. John gave him an idea for the sheild with the solar power. Together the galaxy survives, apart it goes to hell.

I don't think everything happend because he went missing, but I think it played a pretty good part to it.
                    That's how I saw it. I don't think the presence of real Shep would have saved Teyla, but having him there may have prevented Ronon from going out on his own since Shep and Ronon have a bond/mutual respect. Likewise, his presence certainly would have helped Rodney do all his science stuff. The end results with Michael and the hybrids winning and whatnot may have ended up the same, but I get the feeling that at least what remained of the team would have stayed together longer.

I'm also not really sure why TPTB had Shep go so far into the future, unless it was just to show off a beached, abandoned Atlantis. The major events of the team and Michael would have been done and over with in 100 years and all of the PG humans could have been wiped out in less than 1000. Why go forward 30-40K years?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      That's how I saw it. I don't think the presence of real Shep would have saved Teyla, but having him there may have prevented Ronon from going out on his own since Shep and Ronon have a bond/mutual respect. Likewise, his presence certainly would have helped Rodney do all his science stuff. The end results with Michael and the hybrids winning and whatnot may have ended up the same, but I get the feeling that at least what remained of the team would have stayed together longer.

I'm also not really sure why TPTB had Shep go so far into the future, unless it was just to show off a beached, abandoned Atlantis. The major events of the team and Michael would have been done and over with in 100 years and all of the PG humans could have been wiped out in less than 1000. Why go forward 30-40K years?
                      Probably just to add the extra danger of a red giant so it's not just "Shep goes to the future, waits for a solar flare and then comes back!" That's my guess anyway.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I was blown away by this episode. Totally blown away.

Two things really hit me hard - first, Sam's departure. What a way to go, lady! Well done.

But the one that got to me the most was Ronon and Todd, of course. I mean - you really have to think about this for a minute. Ronon wasn't gonna leave the PG until every last Wraith was dead - he hated 'em that much. In the end, his last ally is a Wraith, and side by side they fight, and they die. Not the way he imagined himself going out, I suppose. It was a truly beautiful moment...

The little smile he gives Todd just before he sets off the explosion is so touching - makes me tear up just thinking about it. Not only must he have seen the irony of the situation - dying alongside a Wraith ally instead of a fellow Lantean or Satedan - but I'd like to think in that moment, and for the first time in all his life, he felt admiration for a Wraith. They were equals afterall.

Damn, it just kills me thinking about it.

And did anyone catch Todd's "Indeed'? Nice touch.

das
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          I was blown away by this episode. Totally blown away.

Two things really hit me hard - first, Sam's departure. What a way to go, lady! Well done.

But the one that got to me the most was Ronon and Todd, of course. I mean - you really have to think about this for a minute. Ronon wasn't gonna leave the PG until every last Wraith was dead - he hated 'em that much. In the end, his last ally is a Wraith, and side by side they fight, and they die. Not the way he imagined himself going out, I suppose. It was a truly beautiful moment...

The little smile he gives Todd just before he sets off the explosion is so touching - makes me tear up just thinking about it. Not only must he have seen the irony of the situation - dying alongside a Wraith ally instead of a fellow Lantean or Satedan - but I'd like to think in that moment, and for the first time in all his life, he felt admiration for a Wraith. They were equals afterall.

Damn, it just kills me thinking about it.

And did anyone catch Todd's "Indeed'? Nice touch.

das
                          it was a great sent off for carter ramming a ship she helped build and taking out 3 hives ships

Comment

[mod snip]

Because it's anonymous

I LOVED the episode. Writing wise probably the best ep in a while which really surprises me because JM usually doesn't dig it for me...

The lack of spoilers made it even more enjoyable and unpredictable.

We had some of the best character moments ever in here and the actors did a wonderful job!!!
                            Last edited by TameFarrar; 07 March 2008, 10:09 PM. Reason: quoted post deleted
                            *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

even though i really liked seasons 1-3

stargate atlantis has yet to do a decent season finale
                              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                                even though i really liked seasons 1-3

stargate atlantis has yet to do a decent season finale
                                that i agree with ... i liked the whole thing until the building went boom ...didn't make sense

Comment

Working...
                                X