This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metabog View Post
    Michael is now my all time favorite enemy... that was just intense.
    Pfftt!! He'll always......ALWAYS be TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh yes, the whole Wraith Queen decapitation was a big shock for me, only cos Atlantis as a show never really did anything that extreme before as Season 4 has been more or less, been safe. Your typical conservative and safe routine. So who ever wrote that particular scene, finally, taking the series up a notch, well done!

Comment

Yeah Atlantis is really looking up.
        My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
          Okay, what the hell is with the ship inconsistencies, im sick of it. For some reason, in unending, the odyssey was able to get back into the milky way before their shields had even finished recharging, yet it still takes the Daedalus 3 weeks to make the trip to atlantis and back. Also, there's no way that 4 hives can destroy a 304 that quickly. In AoT,
          Spoiler:
          the odyssey takess on maybe 10 minutes of ori beam weapons fire until the shield fails. I mean seriously. ******* plot shields!
          Spoiler:

Well, the Odyssey has a ZPM. The Odyssey upgrades were installed by the Asgard, not by humans. The Odyssey was overrun by Replicators who likely boosted the shields.

It's really not that much of a stretch that it's shields would be considerably better. Plus, the Phoenix was caught off guard, as holo-McKay said, Sam thought she was going to get there first.

I loved this ep. Best season finale of Atlantis yet imo. I loved seeing Atlantis in the sand, I loved how powerful Michael became, I loved the fact that there is someone who actually 'remembers' and can tell the story, I loved Carter and the Phoenix (especially taking out 3 hives by sacrificing herself). I (don't hit me) think Woolsey will be great. People seem to moan about him being a coward and an ass. But why is that so bad. Why do we need another great/perfect leader after Weir and Sam? This should be VERY different.

Two cons:
          1. I didn't feel the ep was long enough
          2. The cliff hanger end wasn't as good as others, they should have shown one of the character's being hit by falling debris to increase the suspense.

Still loved it though. It was indeed very different
          Last edited by SGFerrit; 08 March 2008, 02:45 AM.

Comment

I’m sorry to say that the episode was frankly quite dull. In the past few years I’ve been crazy with the wait for the new season but this time I’m all “Bleuh.”

The complete lack of Teyla in this episode was offensive. The forced shipping of Rodney/Keller was ridiculous. It only takes three weeks of being trapped on a spaceship to be OMGTRULUV4EVA? I think the writers are projecting themselves a bit too much. Face it, PTW, no pretty young thing is ever going to go for a cranky man in his 40’s, not even if he’s super smart and super nice (which, honestly, Rodney isn’t. And I love him that way).

I really wish this show would hire new writers :-(

I’m going to ignore this episode and pretend that it’s AU-ness didn’t affect the main thrust of the show, much like I did with SG-1 after Season 9.

Comment

Personally, I loved TLM. It wasn't action-packed, like BAMSR or as emotional as Unending(yes, I almost cried during the "Have you seen the rain..." montage), but it was a nice combination. Plus, I love this type of episode.
              I loved Sam going down with the ship.
              I loved that "Minority Report" thing they had in the future - you know, the glove and screen thingy.
              I LOVED Todd and Ronon. My God, what a team these 2 make! If they don't give us more of that in season 5, I'll be sooooooooooo mad!
              I loved seeing Teyla dead...Err...yeah...
              I liked seeing a glimpse of what the expedition under Woolsey's leadership might look like.
              I even liked Keller.
              I would have liked to see them address the Carson situation - like having him in a stasis chamber next to John...
              Overall, I liked this episode very much.

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
                Completely agree with your last bit It's not like they are really going to die.. why show everything collapsing in on them..
                ...I wouldn't be sure about that. None of us could have even guessed that Wier, Ford, Beckett... and that hot pyscologist woman would be killed off, but they were.

lol

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                  Spoiler:

Well, the Odyssey has a ZPM. The Odyssey upgrades were installed by the Asgard, not by humans. The Odyssey was overrun by Replicators who likely boosted the shields.

It's really not that much of a stretch that it's shields would be considerably better. Plus, the Phoenix was caught off guard, as holo-McKay said, Sam thought she was going to get there first.

I loved this ep. Best season finale of Atlantis yet imo. I loved seeing Atlantis in the sand, I loved how powerful Michael became, I loved the fact that there is someone who actually 'remembers' and can tell the story, I loved Carter and the Phoenix (especially taking out 3 hives by sacrificing herself). I (don't hit me) think Woolsey will be great. People seem to moan about him being a coward and an ass. But why is that so bad. Why do we need another great/perfect leader after Weir and Sam? This should be VERY different.

Two cons:
                  1. I didn't feel the ep was long enough
                  2. The cliff hanger end wasn't as good as others, they should have shown one of the character's being hit by falling debris to increase the suspense.

Still loved it though. It was indeed very different

I throughly liked this episode. It had its bad parts, i.e. it was so predictable that John would have had to go back in time and save the lives of the expidition team. It was also predictable that the pheonix would have been destroyed. Finally it was predictable that John would find a way back to atlantis...lol

so so predictable.

BTW How old is John now? LOL, he might be older than tealc. :O

Comment

How Old Is John Sheppard Now?

He Has Got To Be Like 500 Years Old Or Something. Lol...and To Think

He Doesn't Look A Day Over Thirty.

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post
                      How Old Is John Sheppard Now?

He Has Got To Be Like 500 Years Old Or Something. Lol...and To Think

He Doesn't Look A Day Over Thirty.
                      Statis pods I'm guessing in the 25 years that passed they improved the design somehow.

I'm more intrigued into what McKay was refering to when he mentioned things had gone to hell in the Milky Way tbh.
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post

I'm more intrigued into what McKay was refering to when he mentioned things had gone to hell in the Milky Way tbh.
                        As someone pointed out with the uniforms, the US of the future is a fascist regime.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                          As someone pointed out with the uniforms, the US of the future is a fascist regime.
                          Ahhh but what caused that? I sense a set up for a another stargate spinoff
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                            As for Joe M... while I am here.

This was in no way the finale he made it out to be in his many entries in his blog, no I am not surprised just a little saddened that he would see fit to embellish rather then just let the episode speak for itself. Why even as a Show-runner build up an episode that in the end is a weak finale... it just adds to the disappointment, better to say nothing then people can just shrug and wait for season 5.

It was also not a tear-jerker, I almost felt sad when Keller died, but only for Rodney. The other deaths were just silly. Even Sam's was lame, I mean going down with the ship! Cliched, and she looked constipated not heroic. The way Joe was talking I thought this would be a three Kleenex box eppy, not a *I think I have something in my eye* eppy.
                            Well, maybe you feel that way, but others don't. Don't generalize. I for one loved the episode and found it very emotional. To me, it doesn't feel like he built it up only to end up with a weak episode.

Finally! This does show us that Joe M had no idea Woolsey
                            Spoiler:
                            was going to take over command for real in season 5 when they wrote this! LOL How ironic! He made him even less sympathetic then usual, that is going to make fans want him as the new Leader!
                            Ummm...yeah. I'd say that's a fair bet. I'm not sure they knew yet that Amanda was leaving when they wrote this. And, BTW, Joe didn't write the episode, so it's not him that made him less sympathetic. If anything, I'd say that, after they did this episode, they thought Woolsey would be a good idea in the role of leader.

Comment

It was a reasonable good episode but I missed action.

Rather than Sheppard's sandstorm excursion (too remeniscent of the space walk at the beginning of the show and the quarantine climb...) I would have preferred to see more battles between Michael's forces and the atlantis/pegasis locals forces. It seemed a bit too low budget for a season finale. Since everyone's death scenes are essentially just makebelief in that they will never actually happen it would have been so much cooler had they been more drawn out and full of desparate 'last stand' action. It's really a missed chance to go overboard on cool military scenes.

Since it was makebelief it also would have been nice to find out what Michael would have done after taking pegasus. It would have been great to have some alternative history scenes giving clues about what will happen to earth rather than go for "omg we got some sand in here".
                              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I didn't get how Shep ended in Atlantis when SG-1 in '1969' ended back on Earth! Shep should have ended back on the planet where he was in the beginning with Lorne, unless Atlantis moved to that planet in the future!

Comment

Working...
                                X