Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He's back!!!!! What do you think about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the way they brought him back. :cough: cliche :cough:

I also hate that he's put on ice until a plot calls for him.

But, at this point, I can swallow it. While I liked some aspects of Sunday, it was far from being a good episode. It was filled with its share of melodrama and cliche too. So, I guess it makes sense for a cliche to fix a cliche.

Seeing Carson again, especially next to Keller, really makes me happy that he's back. Paul's a great actor, and he brings a lot of warmth to the show that I've found missing. I just wish it was fulltime. TPTB write males so much better than females, so in a way I wish they'd just play to their strengths and focus on writing the characters that they're good at. I've given up on expecting miracles.

Very happy that Carson's back!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      becket WOULD bring up the tricky ethical issues of who is 'real' and identity and self and all that...but i doubt they'll touch on it.

they toyed with it with clone jack and then dropped it and i bet they'll drop this too. clone carson (cc for short) will be like the AU harry on voyager, dude, killed him off for effect then lookee here, a nice and easy replacement.

i would think it'd be just as heart breaking had it been the real carson in captivity who is then dealing with just how easily he was replaced.
      Yes. You could get some good storytelling from this development, but, like you, I am not counting on it. I don't feel they are interested in delving into issues such as this.

And I also agree it would be just as heartbreaking for it to have been the original kept in captivity all this time and coming back to face all that has happened in his absence.

So...yes, I would be fine with either original or clone Carson. But I do want a detailed explanation of whatever the final verdict is and I want some meat to his story. Which, due to past experience, leaves me ambivalent about the future.

Comment

Originally posted by erb View Post
        Yes. You could get some good storytelling from this development, but, like you, I am not counting on it. I don't feel they are interested in delving into issues such as this.

And I also agree it would be just as heartbreaking for it to have been the original kept in captivity all this time and coming back to face all that has happened in his absence.

So...yes, I would be fine with either original or clone Carson. But I do want a detailed explanation of whatever the final verdict is and I want some meat to his story. Which, due to past experience, leaves me ambivalent about the future.
        I think this is something the writers are going to do very well. I have high hopes for Carson, and hope we may get more than 5 eps which is very possible.
        sigpic

Comment

I voted the first choice.

Not necessarily because I think this is such a great story idea (I have almost zero faith in the writers) but because I'm happy to see Paul McGillion as well as his character again. I missed him.

Ratings/fan stunt? But of course.

Cliche? Without a doubt.

Do I care? No.

PM's appearance in Kindred, pt 2 was the only thing I liked about the episode. I enjoyed his character's interaction with the other characters even though the story behind his return is absurd. But then I thought the "real" one's death was just as absurd....
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Chailyn View Post
            TPTB write males so much better than females, so in a way I wish they'd just play to their strengths and focus on writing the characters that they're good at. I've given up on expecting miracles.
            Out with the ladies, let's turn this into an all-male show... Oh wait, it already is. Bimbo's don't count as ladies anyway.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              Ratings/fan stunt? But of course.

Cliche? Without a doubt.

Do I care? No.

PM's appearance in Kindred, pt 2 was the only thing I liked about the episode. I enjoyed his character's interaction with the other characters even though the story behind his return is absurd. But then I thought the "real" one's death was just as absurd....
              My thoughts exactly.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Out with the ladies, let's turn this into an all-male show... Oh wait, it already is. Bimbo's don't count as ladies anyway.
                FH, don't make me get pitcher of happiness.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm glad to have him back - as long as TPTB don't do this several times like with Daniel in SG-1. Too often is too often.

And I'm curious how his character development will be.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    FH, don't make me get pitcher of happiness.
                    Oh no, no need... my pitcher of happiness is sitting in my closet in the form of a Streamlight Scorpion flashlight (like the one they use in the show) and a P-90 harness.

Comment

Oh no, no need... my pitcher of happiness is sitting in my closet in the form of a Streamlight Scorpion flashlight (like the one they use in the show) and a P-90 harness.
                      I demand pics (please). PM if you don't want post them
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I demand pics (please). PM if you don't want post them
                        I'll make some later, and PM them.

Comment

I'm sorry to say that's where my thoughts are heading. While I'd like to see some good, developed women on the show, it's going into a fifth season already! I think the damage has unfortunately been done.

But, don't worry FH, they're bringing back Larrin, right? Maybe we'll finally get some female development after all! And there's always Keller...

Comment

Originally posted by Chailyn View Post
                            But, don't worry FH, they're bringing back Larrin, right? Maybe we'll finally get some female development after all! And there's always Keller...
                            ARGH!!!! .... *runs away screaming*

I classify her under "bimbo".

Comment

*pats back* At least we got Carson back. Maybe Season 5 will be Teyla's big year. Miracles can happen.

Comment

I call a few other things that aren't PG.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X