Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He's back!!!!! What do you think about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    So when Thor downloads himself into a new body is he no longer Thor since he is a clone?

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
    Thats different. Thor is downloading his conscious into a clone body which makes him the same person since it is the same conscious. BUT Clone Carson does not have the same conscious as the Original Carson did.
    He does, as far as "Misbegotten". Then he has the memory of being Michael's captive, instead of the rest of season 3.

Im still glad we get a clone but im just trying to say its different then Thor Downloading himself into a new body. Also the Clone has a bunch of differences and not just the DNA flaw.
    Such as?

Comment

Is it just me, or does every character that comes back from the dead after a long hiatus have freakishly large muscles?

Comment

Originally posted by desh View Post
        Is it just me, or does every character that comes back from the dead after a long hiatus have freakishly large muscles?
        Well, he had two years to work out in that cell.

Comment

Here is my take on the whole thing.

1.) The fans who wanted Carson back, got him back.
          2.) They did not technically bring back Carson from the dead as people seem to claim.

3.) In my opinion it was clever, and bringing back the original Carson would not have worked, IMHO.

4.) The chemistry and feelings from the other characters were right on the money, IMO. Especially Rodney, which truly won me over in "The Kindred"

5.) Carson is back and he will be even better than the original and has already proved this in "The Kindred", imo. He has been in a jail cell for 2 years, and it showed in "The Kindred" when he shot those guards. That is character development, imo. Even if it was a different person, it still is Carson.
          sigpic

Comment

3.) In my opinion it was clever, and bringing back the original Carson would not have worked, IMHO.
            and it keeps it open for paul to add some new elements to carson and just say it's due to miceah's cloning him.
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
              Dead is dead.. People die in all sorts of way and you could probably argue that none of them deserved to die in any sort of way.. but dead is dead. And for me Carson is dead and buried and was mourned by his friends. Then a clone of him just appears and they are willing to treat him like he was the real Carson..that to me makes a joke of Carson's death. I didn't really have a problem with Carson dying as it brings realism to the show when someone actually dies. Sunday is one of the best eps for me because it shows real emotion and caring and that lives can be snuffed out at the most unexpected times.

But Kindred 2 and Carson's return as a clone marginalizes death. Why should any of them fear death.. you just just create a clone and it will as good as the real thing. A life is more than a biological creation fitted with a few memories. The clone has never experienced anything of Carson's life so how can he make sense of anything that happened it him.. This is not Carson so why is he being treated like he has returned from the dead. Carson is still dead and buried and this is just a copy who cannot possibly act in exactly the same way as the original Carson as he has never experienced any of the memories that he has been given...

I said goodbye to Carson in Sunday and the character never really interested me enough in the first place to care about his return and the way it was done just turned me off his character completely. Maybe if he hadn't been a clone I may have taken to him a bit more but either way I couldn't see him as the doctor again in Atlantis and think it would have been much better for the writers to have let the character rest in peace..
              A fictitious character's death is not dead...they never really existed. I will NOT compare a fictitious character's death with a real person's death. There is no comparison...I've seen death first hand and have lost many, many friends and family.

There is now way in h3ll I will ever place a fictitious character as a living being to begin with.

Because I never viewed Carson as anything more than a character, killing him proves no point at all. He's not real to begin with...they admitted they only killed the character off for a ratings ploy...to "shake things up."

Killing off the character for the sole purpose of "shaking things up" and getting us to watch their show was just a stupid move. Because the motive for office Carson was meaningless to begin with.

Knowing that the motive is meaningless...how does that add any value to the death of the character? It doesn't...thus, the episode they wasted to kill him in was utter crap.
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

5.) Carson is back and he will be even better than the original and has already proved this in "The Kindred", imo. He has been in a jail cell for 2 years, and it showed in "The Kindred" when he shot those guards. That is character development, imo. Even if it was a different person, it still is Carson.
                3.) I don't know if I would call it clever, as yet, since there are still a lot of unanswered questions as to how it was done. (I will grant that on the surface this seems to be the easier route to take.) I want to know how the clone has Carson's memories.

Now bringing back the original Carson could be clever depending on how it was done.

5.) Better? I'll grant you different, but even original Carson being a prisoner for a period of time could give us different.
                But I can't argue with the idea of there being potential for interesting storylines with the clone. But will the potential be realized?

Comment

Originally posted by erb View Post
                  3.) I don't know if I would call it clever, as yet, since there are still a lot of unanswered questions as to how it was done. (I will grant that on the surface this seems to be the easier route to take.) I want to know how the clone has Carson's memories.

Now bringing back the original Carson could be clever depending on how it was done.

5.) Better? I'll grant you different, but even original Carson being a prisoner for a period of time could give us different.
                  But I can't argue with the idea of there being potential for interesting storylines with the clone. But will the potential be realized?
                  I think it will be. I said TPTB would be crazy for an example not to continue certain story arcs. Sadly one of them will be revisted without a character since the actress turned down the offer. As per Carson, he is returning, so the opportunity will be there for this potential.

I was very pleased with the outcome of "The Kindred". It felt real and not forced his return.
                  sigpic

Comment

What do I think? Bad idea.

Not clever. Cliched.
                    Not original. Has been done to *cough* death many, many times before. Pandering. My yes indeed! That is all this is!

Rarely works. Afirmative.

I am just happy that this thing will only appear in 5 eps in season 5, and given the history of tptb when it comes to what constitutes an "appearance" I am thinking I will not watch this thing much at all. *small blessings*

Comment

I've just read the transcript.

In reading the script its easy to imagine the actors playing their characters in this story, and thanks to his strong presence in the role, I know Paul McGillion will have been fantastic. The development of McKay is a nice pay off too, but nevertheless, I am disappointed by this.

As an audience member, I feel manipulated. - My fondness for the character is being used as a bribe to watch the programme, but that has failed because its not the same character! The character has been brought back in such a way that all bets are indeed off. Could the real Beckett still be out there in another of Michael’s facilities? What if this Beckett and the Sunday Beckett are both clones? Urgh, it feels like a soap plot with a Sci Fi twist. The whole evil twin carry on!

As a writer myself, I keep thinking, - could they be doing a double bluff here? They knew we would guess 'clone Beckett.' Perhaps they are setting us up for a Beckett I Beckett II and Beckett III - which one is the 'real' one - You decide! Then I think, considering that Ford was dropped, and Weir is now part Borg (and realistically -probably won't be seen again) can the writers really salvage some good story material from this development? I am sceptical. - SG1 and The Trek franchise have done the whole cloning sub genre, and the whole key essential enzyme thing to keep the guy alive is completely iffy. - Unless as I say the real Beckett is out there and this one is another copy. The Dominion in Star Trek Deep Space Nine explored these aspects of cloning with the Vorta and Jem Haddar well - but to such a point that this feels like a retread.

I don't like feeling like this, - part of me is screaming that I should be grateful that Paul McGillion is back as a sort-of version of Beckett. But assuming this is it, and there is no clever involved plot arc within plot arc at work here, for me it just isn't enough. I can only hope I am proved wrong.
                      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                      Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

I'm glad they bought him back. This was the only episode in which I didn't hate the Rodney character. The interaction between them was great. The episode showed me Rodney really isn't a stuckup ass, and can care for people.

Comment

It's the best joke ever... but they shouldn't have bothered. A clone?!? Come on!
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

They could have done it better . This whole clone idea screws up the timeline and brings inconsistencies

Comment

i kinda think they shoulda killed the clone in Sunday and had this be the real carson. they didn't need to put him in stasis to 'get rid' of him until next season. he just had to go home and see his mother and needed time to deal with being a prisoner

don't get me wrong, it's nice to see him back, but it jsut feels like his death was now nothing but a cheap publicity stunt. Just like any other 'death' will be. something done to spice up a story or rile up fans but something that can be easily undone as they hit a version of the reset switch
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                i kinda think they shoulda killed the clone in Sunday and had this be the real carson. they didn't need to put him in stasis to 'get rid' of him until next season. he just had to go home and see his mother and needed time to deal with being a prisoner

don't get me wrong, it's nice to see him back, but it jsut feels like his death was now nothing but a cheap publicity stunt. Just like any other 'death' will be. something done to spice up a story or rile up fans but something that can be easily undone as they hit a version of the reset switch
                                Indeed - Hallowed are the Mods! Thanks Skydiver, its nice that I am not the only one thinking along those lines. I do hope that the season 5 eps will go a long way to correct this whole carry on, but for my money I am paying closer attention the the SG1 movies.

That brings up another thought - this clone of Beckett, they couldn't let him return to Earth. How could they? Even though he acts like Dr B, there is no way to know what kind of mental programming Michael put into the clone. It would be too dangerous. I guess that means the end of the possibility of seeing Becketts family, far less the chance for Dr B to return to Scotland.

(Do we have a crying Beckett Smilie?)
                                Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                                Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X