Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Kindred" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metabog View Post
    OMG the plot thickens. Now we have replicators and wraith and Carson and tayla's baby and kanan in the same episode
    2 episodes
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Sokar_The_Wraith View Post
      it had nothing to do with replicators on the preview, it said replicators, then it shows first a wraith hive, then a dart, it's WRAITH, it's a messed up promo.
      I think the Replicators do have something to do in the ep....but yeah it was a little confusing b/c we saw the hive ship and dart. What confuses me is how all this seemingly ties together?? I mean as far as promo's go, that one was kind of short and very confusing....but TPTB have been extremely tighted lipped about these two eps....I am just more confused and perplexed about this ep than I was before we saw the promo!

MGM's Stargate site has some pics up for the ep

Spoiler:

And even after seeing them.....still confused
      Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
      &=AWESOME &Forever
      No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

The new MGM stills show Kanaan's funeral pyre, so from the looks of it the guy in the new GW pics is Kanaan.

They also show Teyla waking up in a bed in the forest (the bed is in the background of one of the GW pics) and meeting Kanaan. This seems to be a dream or vision -- so either this is the initial vision which brings the team to the planet where they witness his funeral, or they go there, see him burned, and then Teyla has a second dream/vision of him.

[EDIT: From the SCI FI preview, it looks like this scene is the initial vision of Kanaan. I'd guess that by the time they show up and find where he's been, he's probably already a goner.]

Either way ... SPOILERS for Season Five's "Search and Rescue" --
        Spoiler:
        He appears in "Search and Rescue," so he's either not really dead or he gets resurrected. Or cloned. Or sci-fi plot device'd.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

There aren't any Asurans in the episode, they just messed up the voice over.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
            forgive me if this has been discussed before but i just noticed something

Kindred spoilers:

Spoiler:
            In the episode's spoilers section on GW, it states

[/B]
            im curious if this is the same protein perhaps used to by the hoffans in "Poisoning the well"
            Spoiler:
            Quote From “Poisoning The Well”

PERNA: The key. (She opens the book.) His journals tell of one man who survived an encounter with the Wraith. Ferrel and his team discovered that this man possessed a unique protein, one that enabled him to resist the chemical released by the Wraith to precipitate draining of life from their victims. After painstaking trial and error ...

BECKETT (looking at the book): Ferrel made a copy of the protein.

PERNA: He was eventually able to create a prototype of a drug designed to interfere with the Wraith feeding process.

You know what happens in that episode right?

½ the people given the drug die…and it kills any wraith that try to feed on those who got the drug…

considering carson's extensive help with that drug, and considering the effects appear to be the same, could it not have been michael's plot all along? to wipe out all the other wraith using this drug?

Again, sorry if this has been discussed, i am new to this particular thread...
            That's what I was thinking as well.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
              That's what I was thinking as well.

Vala,
              Ya think?

I did long ago mentioned 'Michael is pulling a Steve'.
              Last edited by GoSpikey; 16 February 2008, 09:12 AM.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                The new MGM stills show Kanaan's funeral pyre, so from the looks of it the guy in the new GW pics is Kanaan.

They also show Teyla waking up in a bed in the forest (the bed is in the background of one of the GW pics) and meeting Kanaan. This seems to be a dream or vision -- so either this is the initial vision which brings the team to the planet where they witness his funeral, or they go there, see him burned, and then Teyla has a second dream/vision of him.

[EDIT: From the SCI FI preview, it looks like this scene is the initial vision of Kanaan. I'd guess that by the time they show up and find where he's been, he's probably already a goner.]

Either way ... SPOILERS for Season Five's "Search and Rescue" --
                Spoiler:
                He appears in "Search and Rescue," so he's either not really dead or he gets resurrected. Or cloned. Or sci-fi plot device'd.

I think you have nailed it on the head!!

Spoiler:
                I don't think he is really dead in this ep. But if he does die; have no doubt that Michael probably has something to do with his resurrection

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                There aren't any Asurans in the episode, they just messed up the voice over.

Vala,
                Are you sure?? I mean it is not as if Scifi hasn't screwed up the promos before...."Road Not Taken" for SG-1 is good example where the voice over said 'Amanda' and not Carter or Sam. But how do you know for sure the Ausrans aren't in the ep???

EDIT

Ok ya know what Vala? I think you are right.....b/c I just watched the promo on MGM's site....

Spoiler:
                There are no mentions of Aurans but Wraith Worshippers instead...so I think you might be right. I recommend checking it out...it totally different than the scifi one. MGM Stargate site
                Last edited by cabouse18; 16 February 2008, 10:01 AM.
                &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  It wouldn't be the first time SciFi messed up on a promo.
                  The scifi announcer guy is as dumb as scifi themselves. Believe me Michael is involved not Replicators.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

As I saw Teyla in the bed between the trees, my first thought was: "Will the Nox appear?"
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      As I saw Teyla in the bed between the trees, my first thought was: "Will the Nox appear?"
                      My first thought was: "Why the *cough* is it standing there?"

And my second, appeared immediately after the first, went like this: "Ew! TMI!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                        My first thought was: "Why the *cough* is it standing there?"

And my second, appeared immediately after the first, went like this: "Ew! TMI!"

&=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                          I think you have nailed it on the head!!

Spoiler:

I don't think he is really dead in this ep. But if he does die; have no doubt that Michael probably has something to do with his resurrection
                          Do you like dare to go any further with that thought?

Spoiler:
                          Do you think Michael's bugs need human food? Michael sure needs it, unless he's too human now. Maybe he thought about cloning them to get it? If he's got the power to clone, he doesn't need to draw further attention to himself by making a lot of people disappear. Every couple of months, if that? Maybe he even plans to clone Teyla, and send one version back to Atlantis, so they'd think there's nothing wrong with her? And keep the other one a prisoner, to watch her (the original one?) suffer, watch her people die over and over and over again? Or he just wants to train her as his.

But then it would of course be stupid to go ahead with his 'let's kill the Wraith' plan now.

Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                            I don't wanna know about 'the making of...'

Definitely when it's not Michael's... Or I could tolerate John...

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              The scifi announcer guy is as dumb as scifi themselves. Believe me Michael is involved not Replicators.
                              I agree it'll get very complicated if Replicators were part of the ep, too. But look at this:

http://lelianamckay.livejournal.com/16427.html

Scroll down to the 'Carson storyline' and look at, I think, the third pic + comment on it.

The post itself is the season 4 part II trailer screencapped.

So, we'll know next week?

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                                I agree it'll get very complicated if Replicators were part of the ep, too. But look at this:

http://lelianamckay.livejournal.com/16427.html

Scroll down to the 'Carson storyline' and look at, I think, the third pic + comment on it.

The post itself is the season 4 part II trailer screencapped.

So, we'll know next week?
                                I am just going to stand by my original statement of "Massively Confused" until we see this ep....mainly b/c that is what I am
                                &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Working...
                                X