Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Kindred" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I heard sci fi say a replicator trap but I really expected Michael to be involved because in Kindred 2 isn't Teyla with Michael? Mybe Sci Fi got it wrong? I got pulled in to that whole 2 episodes for Carson when in fact all we got was a season 4 Weir type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      We already knew *didn't we* that
      Spoiler:
      Beckett would only turn up in the last few minutes of Kindred I as that is the way TV does these kinds of big reveals.

Who kidnapped who? The Replicators? What?

OMG! Beckett is a Replicator! *nods* I knew it!
      Again...massively confused!! Seriously what the hell? It is nice to know that I am not the only one who is like WTF!!!! lol

Spoiler:
      Yeah Beckett showing up in the last 5 mins was totally predicted...but if Teyla is kidnapped by the replicators (???) where the hell does Michael come into play?

So you can see where I might be confused
      Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
      &=AWESOME &Forever
      No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

It wouldn't be the first time SciFi messed up on a promo.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          It wouldn't be the first time SciFi messed up on a promo.
          Nope. I think last season for the promo for "The Road not Taken" for SG-1 the narrator said 'Amanda' instead of Sam/Carter....so I wouldn't be surprised if it was an accident but then again, I would be surprised if the replicators do have something to do with it...
          &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Originally posted by cajuncayenne
            I got pulled in to that whole 2 episodes for Carson when in fact all we got was a season 4 Weir type thing.
            Don't aim too high and you will not be disappointed. An appearance *or episode* can mean 2 seconds to 20 minutes. That goes double when they are only a re-occurring character.

Comment

So i kinda got a picture of this two parter. I kinda of think of it as SG-1's Season Two " The Tok'ra" where carter has a vision instead of carter it's teyla. and I got to admit when the atlantis team goes to find the athosians its going to be awesome cause that's going to be a pivotal scene.

Comment

SciFi has the promo up now:

SPOILERS!

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=218243

I see what you mean...
                Spoiler:
                It is a Wraith Dart, she is having visions about Kannan? Oh and yeah they give away the ending! What a bunch of tools.

Comment

SciFi has the promo up now:

SPOILERS!

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=218243

I see what you mean...
                  Spoiler:
                  It is a Wraith Dart, she is having visions about Kannan? Oh and yeah they give away the ending! What a bunch of tools.
                  Basically!! I mean ok, we have replicators...fine I can buy that. But how do we go from Replicators to Michael?? Unless he simply shows up out of nowhere...unless we are talking about two separate events coming together....holy cow, I think it is finally starting to actually make sense!!!
                  &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

it had nothing to do with replicators on the preview, it said replicators, then it shows first a wraith hive, then a dart, it's WRAITH, it's a messed up promo.

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                      Nope. I think last season for the promo for "The Road not Taken" for SG-1 the narrator said 'Amanda' instead of Sam/Carter....so I wouldn't be surprised if it was an accident but then again, I would be surprised if the replicators do have something to do with it...
                      I don't think it's an accident I went frame by frame through the promo and it looks like an asuran firing an asuran weapon in an unfamiliar scene. It actually looked like the one who killed clone Shepard. Ugh, I wish those things would go away for a long time. A long, long time....

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                      Ya know the fact that no one questions any of the odd goings on surrounding Teyla and this pregnancy makes my head ache. I mean c'mon these people ARE always suspicious of everything around and they ignore some of the odd things like her enhanced Wraith ability, her ability to know what sex her kid is before Keller, and now this so called vision. Under any other circumstances a big RED flag would have gone up but not this time!!
                      They probably just figured that her son has the same abilities that she does. That way they could team up against common threats. Or maybe pregnancy is affecting her brain chemistry. Despite the fact that other people in the galaxy have her ability, few of them get to use it and live (i.e. fly a Wraith ship, or have mental combat with a Wraith queen). So they don't have a 'control group' to compare her situation to. As for the vision, I haven't seen the episode yet so I don't know how they'll react.

Comment

Hmm, the guy firing at
                        Spoiler:
                        Lorne looks like he is wearing Replicator clothing. I knew it Carson is a Replicator... or dead Carson was a Replicator! I knew it!
                        The plot thickens.

Comment

Hmm, the guy firing at
                          Spoiler:
                          Lorne looks like he is wearing Replicator clothing. I knew it Carson is a Replicator... or dead Carson was a Replicator! I knew it!
                          The plot thickens.

Spoiler:
                          Oh I've got it, the Asurans made a copy of Becket and the copy is the one who died, since they said the Becket comeback wouldn't be a clone. Michael got ahold of the original for some nefarious purpose and that's how they tie in....That's a guess.

Comment

forgive me if this has been discussed before but i just noticed something

Kindred spoilers:

Spoiler:
                            In the episode's spoilers section on GW, it states
                            Dr. Keller is perplexed by a mysterious new sickness that has affected a number of planets in the Pegasus Galaxy and threatens to kill hundreds of thousands of people. Further study reveals that it is not a contagion but a human-engineered protein designed to kill a feeding Wraith

im curious if this is the same protein perhaps used to by the hoffans in "Poisoning the well"
                            Spoiler:
                            Quote From “Poisoning The Well”

PERNA: The key. (She opens the book.) His journals tell of one man who survived an encounter with the Wraith. Ferrel and his team discovered that this man possessed a unique protein, one that enabled him to resist the chemical released by the Wraith to precipitate draining of life from their victims. After painstaking trial and error ...

BECKETT (looking at the book): Ferrel made a copy of the protein.

PERNA: He was eventually able to create a prototype of a drug designed to interfere with the Wraith feeding process.

You know what happens in that episode right?

½ the people given the drug die…and it kills any wraith that try to feed on those who got the drug…

considering carson's extensive help with that drug, and considering the effects appear to be the same, could it not have been michael's plot all along? to wipe out all the other wraith using this drug?

Again, sorry if this has been discussed, i am new to this particular thread...
                            Last edited by Tupopoflungo; 16 February 2008, 12:38 AM.

Comment

OMG the plot thickens. Now we have replicators and wraith and Carson and tayla's baby and kanan in the same episode
                              My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaeth View Post
                                They probably just figured that her son has the same abilities that she does. That way they could team up against common threats.
                                Her son is a fetus around three months old in 'Spoils Of War'. I'll paste in a few my thoughts about this from another post.

Spoiler:
                                Everyone thinks Teyla's baby is human with, perhaps, a bit of Wraith DNA which will give it Wraith telepathic abilities once it's brain is fully developed. What they'd be expecting the fetus to be like at Teyla's stage of pregnancy would be something on these lines depending on how many weeks 'about three months' actually is. This could be 12, 13 or maybe 14 weeks. (15 weeks would be nearer four months.)

http://www.umm.edu/ency/article/002398.htm

This page has further links to a bit of extra detail. I won't give every single link but people can double check things for themselves if they want to.

It's between 3 and 6 inches long. It's learned how to make a fist and suck its thumb. It's got some kind of a brain but it's still rudimentary at the moment - it won't enter the rapid brain development stage until around week 25. If it's got Wraith DNA the part of its brain responsible for 'telepathic abilities' should also be in a rudimentary state.

The Queen tells Teyla - "You cannot resist me for long. Combined, your two minds are very powerful.."

If Teyla mentioned that her baby's mind helped her to control the Queen, someone ought to be thinking this is a bit odd. A human fetus between 12 and 14 weeks old doesn't have a brain capable of producing much in the way of mind let alone one which is powerful enough to help Teyla overcome a Wraith Queen.

Originally posted by Gaeth View Post
                                Or maybe pregnancy is affecting her brain chemistry. Despite the fact that other people in the galaxy have her ability, few of them get to use it and live (i.e. fly a Wraith ship, or have mental combat with a Wraith queen). So they don't have a 'control group' to compare her situation to.
                                Spoiler:
                                That would make more sense than everyone thinking a three month old fetus would have the same abilities as its adult mother. Maybe Teyla didn't report the full details of what happened to her in 'Spoils' so nobody knows what the Queen said. If she did give a full report, though, everyone would have to be thinking that the Queen was lying in order to carry on believing it was all down to Teyla's own brain chemistry.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X