Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Kindred" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
    I like that someone is more obsessed with Michael and Todd than I am. Of course, I get sidetracked whenever Mckay comes up in conversation. And you even managed to bring him up! <3

Glad to be of service.

I have Michael on my desktop, and a tab open with the yummiest Todd picture of BAMSR... 0139 of stargatecaps. (aka the one in my siggy)

I stare at it every 20 minutes, or something.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      That's it! Let your inner fangirl out!
      I'm male, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
        The Kindred I, too? You sure? Cos they asked CH if he was in TLM, and he confirmed that.
        Well, it's from Joe Mallozzi, unless there is something else CG Wraith could mean

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          I'm male, actually.
          Well, that proves even the guys have inner fangirl

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
            Well, it's from Joe Mallozzi, unless there is something else CG Wraith could mean
            Oh, no, that's okay. I'll take the Common Ground Wraith any day. And night...

*Thunk*

Gutter

Comment

Or not. Cos you didn't put yours in tags, either, and it's alike my post.
              Oh god! I just realised!

How stupid am I!?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                Oh god! I just realised!

How stupid am I!?!
                Well, it's 2 in the morning over here, so if you want to, you can use that excuse, too!

Comment

So now Michael wants to kill off the Wraith too? God, that guy's vengeful.

Though I suppose he could have picked a better way. One that's, say, not potentially lethal to himself as well. =|

L I V E J O U R N A L
                  because I tend to disappear

Comment

Originally posted by Inanna View Post
                    So now Michael wants to kill off the Wraith too? God, that guy's vengeful.

Though I suppose he could have picked a better way. One that's, say, not potentially lethal to himself as well. =|
                    Yup. Michael wants to kill the Wraith from after "No Man's Land" since they betrayed him, or his Queen did. She told him that the stench of what the Lanteans did to him will never go away, remember? And since he looked different, and he definitely does even more after "Misbegotten", he knows he'll never again find a home in Wraith society. And after "Misbegotten", he barely got out alive out of that Hive, remember? He said so in "Vengeance". So he definitely knows that the Wraith will kill him, should they meet him. Poor Michael. Little did Sheppard know that picking a random Wraith to experiment on would be so bad for the Lanteans, as the Wraith himself.

Michael might have come up with an antidote? Maybe? Or do we even know if he still needs feeding? He could feed on the Athosians, or his bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                      Ah, thanks. So we're thinking that Mike used Beckett to recreate this drug, and recreate the Hoff incident. Well, ain't that some emotional whump for Carson.
                      I know. I know.

I've always felt Carson and Michael's stories were irrevocably intertwined, which is why offing Carson while continuing with Michael didn't make creative sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by erb View Post
                        I know. I know.

I've always felt Carson and Michael's stories were irrevocably intertwined, which is why offing Carson while continuing with Michael didn't make creative sense to me.
                        Poor Carson. And I don't even know if I'm saying that because of the mind torture he had to undergo to 'teach' everything to Michael, or because he had to help him do it, too.

Think the Wraith/Human people are safe from the virus? So, like Teyla, her baby, the Athosians...?

If so, does Michael use them to feed on, cos those don't get sick?

Oh Michael, how many more sleepless nights are you going to give me? And that doesn't include Todd yet.

Comment

Yup. Michael wants to kill the Wraith from after "No Man's Land" since they betrayed him, or his Queen did. She told him that the stench of what the Lanteans did to him will never go away, remember? And since he looked different, and he definitely does even more after "Misbegotten", he knows he'll never again find a home in Wraith society. And after "Misbegotten", he barely got out alive out of that Hive, remember? He said so in "Vengeance". So he definitely knows that the Wraith will kill him, should they meet him. Poor Michael. Little did Sheppard know that picking a random Wraith to experiment on would be so bad for the Lanteans, as the Wraith himself.

Michael might have come up with an antidote? Maybe? Or do we even know if he still needs feeding? He could feed on the Athosians, or his bugs.

I can't imagine him not needing to feed now. That's really the most inherent thing about being wraith at all... taking that away would probably be the sort of permanent solution Carson said he hadn't yet reached, so... very unlikely that he doesn't anymore.

It'd be neat if he could just insert some human DNA into something, and thus make it edible. And it definitely makes sense, since I'm guessing that the reason the Wraith can feed on only humans at all is because of the shared DNA, so it could be fairly easy to develop an alternative food source, if that's the case.

So... do you think if they had grabbed some other random, fairly intelligent Wraith and experimented on him, the result would have been somewhat similar? Or is Michael's obsessive individuality some sort of fluke?

L I V E J O U R N A L
                          because I tend to disappear

Comment

Originally posted by Inanna View Post
                            So... do you think if they had grabbed some other random, fairly intelligent Wraith and experimented on him, the result would have been somewhat similar? Or is Michael's obsessive individuality some sort of fluke?
                            That's actually a very hard question, because of the "There's many things about Wraith you do not know." And they're not exactly forthcoming with information.

Little did the Lanteans know that the Wraith were indeed individuals, or they most certainly become them after they have an eye opening experience.

When I was thinking about that a few hours ago, I actually thought that it would have been best if they took a masked Wraith, cos they have the tendency to hopefully be more stupid (clones), and they're just built for following orders?
                            Last edited by GoSpikey; 04 February 2008, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Well, mixed emotions about all of this...

First, can anyone tell me exactly what Joe M. said about 'CG' Wraith? If he is indeed referring to Todd, I'd like to know the context.

Also, just because Chris Heyerdahl said he would be in The Last Man, doesn't mean he will be Todd - he could be Halling, or another character. Chris has played at least 3 characters in SGA - Todd, Halling, and at least one other unnamed male Wraith...so...he could be in TLM as anyone.

I guess I'm really afraid they'll kill off Todd, which would be totally sucky. Also, since I love the Wraith so much, this new development is making not like Michael at all...so...yeah...I'm kinda scared about what's going to happen in the next few episodes, because Joe M. said we will need hankies for them, which indicates we'll be crying over some of the things that are going to happen at the end of this season.

Argh. I hate it when my favorite characters (the Wraith) are on the 'extermination' list...especially since there are hints of Todd perhaps being in these episodes as well.

So - again - if anyone could post the exact comment that Joe M. said regarding the 'CG' Wraith, I'd appreciate it...

das
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                                Well, mixed emotions about all of this...

First, can anyone tell me exactly what Joe M. said about 'CG' Wraith? If he is indeed referring to Todd, I'd like to know the context.

Also, just because Chris Heyerdahl said he would be in The Last Man, doesn't mean he will be Todd - he could be Halling, or another character. Chris has played at least 3 characters in SGA - Todd, Halling, and at least one other unnamed male Wraith...so...he could be in TLM as anyone.

I guess I'm really afraid they'll kill off Todd, which would be totally sucky. Also, since I love the Wraith so much, this new development is making not like Michael at all...so...yeah...I'm kinda scared about what's going to happen in the next few episodes, because Joe M. said we will need hankies for them, which indicates we'll be crying over some of the things that are going to happen at the end of this season.

Argh. I hate it when my favorite characters (the Wraith) are on the 'extermination' list...especially since there are hints of Todd perhaps being in these episodes as well.

So - again - if anyone could post the exact comment that Joe M. said regarding the 'CG' Wraith, I'd appreciate it...

das
                                I'll go to Joe M's blog tomorrow if it's not been answered by then.

Man, if *you* are afraid that they're gonna get rid of Todd, I'm double afraid (eek, nap nap time now).

They *know* how much we like Todd, right? So if they do something to him now, people will cry. Or I will. I'm quite concerned with the fact that he's apparently in K I too. I wouldn't know why. Part of me thinks it's strange to ask CH to come do a Wraith that's not Todd after such a Todd heavy season. Man, if Michael gets Todd killed, I'll personally send Ronon to kill Michael. And that would be the ending of my Siggy...

Is having a somewhat Wraith buddy too easy? Was Todd no more a means of getting rid of some Replicators? If he wasn't meant to be more, after all, I'll be crying my eyes out while watching the eps he's in. And I luff them so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X