What happened with Todd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forgottensmoke View Post
    if they killed todd they would be no better then the wraith except there just killing him the wraith kill for life.
    Humans kill Wraith to survive.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgottensmoke View Post
      if they killed todd they would be no better then the wraith except there just killing him the wraith kill for life.
      By killing Todd they'd be saving human lives.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        By killing Todd they'd be saving human lives.
        True I just hope they don't.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

And we have confirmation!

Thornyrose writes: “Will we see Todd again this season?”

Answer: Yep.
          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ys-with-dolls/

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            Great news!
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
              Humans kill Wraith to survive.
              Ah-ha! Good point...

So, do you blame...the Wraith, or the Human...?

das
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                Todd is the kind of character Michael could have, and failed to be. I was rather disappointed in Michael's character.
                Which brings up a point. Perhaps this is WHY they gave us Todd... cause they failed with Michael.

Comment

I just watched it again before i swear they didnt say he escaped. They said he took a dart not escaped

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Which brings up a point. Perhaps this is WHY they gave us Todd... cause they failed with Michael.
                    That's plausible. The reason why Todd is liked by so many people is that he has interacted with the SGA team for more than one episode.

On the other hand, i guess everybody was happy to see the Asurans defeated : probably because they were depicted as powerful but very arrogant race with an simplistic attitude from the every beginning "you are inferior. we are not interested to talk to you" .
                    The remaining rebel Asurans are much more mysterious and interesting.

I'm hoping that the writers are finally paying more attention to creating more complex plots and characters. The Todd character is a good sign in this direction.

The "we are the mighty humans and can destroy any evil race, no matter how powerful they are" syndrome did significant damage to SG1 (specifically the simplistic way the Ori were dealt with).

Temporary alliances to Wraith or Asuran factions , more complex situations , and 'gray' characters are the way to go in order to keep SGA interesting. ;-)

This kind of interaction between the humans and other creatures is a necessary ingredient in a SF show. Otherwise the focus is to show how good/smart/cool are the humans when obliterating enemy races .

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon
                      That's plausible. The reason why Todd is liked by so many people is that he has interacted with the SGA team for more than one episode.

On the other hand, i guess everybody was happy to see the Asurans defeated : probably because they were depicted as powerful but very arrogant race with an simplistic attitude from the every beginning "you are inferior. we are not interested to talk to you" .
                      The remaining rebel Asurans are much more mysterious and interesting.

I'm hoping that the writers are finally paying more attention to creating more complex plots and characters. The Todd character is a good sign in this direction.

The "we are the mighty humans and can destroy any evil race, no matter how powerful they are" syndrome did significant damage to SG1 (specifically the simplistic way the Ori were dealt with).

Temporary alliances to Wraith or Asuran factions , more complex situations , and 'gray' characters are the way to go in order to keep SGA interesting. ;-)

This kind of interaction between the humans and other creatures is a necessary ingredient in a SF show. Otherwise the focus is to show how good/smart/cool are the humans when obliterating enemy races .
                      I so agree with you on every point! One thing that made me lose interest in Star Trek Voyager was how they just felt it was their right to go around destroying everything and everyone they disagreed with. I remember one episode where they killed 'God', and that was it for me. It just made humans look arrogant and judgmental -little demi-gods themselves.

I love how they're using Todd. I just don't want them to take his edge away. Remember back in Common Ground, when Todd snarled that he was angry because he wasn't allowed ALL of Sheppard's years? I'd like to see a little more of that - a little more snarling, I suppose. Certainly an opportunity could come up where he gets into Ronon's face, or maybe even Sheppard's again. Not Rodney...Rodney's not scary enough... lol.

das
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                        People started calling him Todd because it was said in JM's blog that's what he'd be called eventually.
                        I am amused with the name due to the character from Scrubs. I have an amusing mental image of him going "Life-Sucking High Five!"

Comment

Think of it like this: Michael is like the Anubis of the Pegasus galaxy and his Iratus soldiers are like the Kull warriors.

There is a chance for Todd to take the retrovirus and join the team: if Michael makes his Iratus bugs feed on Wraith and starts wiping them out (like Anubis wanted to wipe out the System Lords and Ba'al was forced to ally with the Tauri).

Todd would be forced to escape his fate and run to the human camp.
                          sigpic
                          Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
                            Think of it like this: Michael is like the Anubis of the Pegasus galaxy and his Iratus soldiers are like the Kull warriors.

There is a chance for Todd to take the retrovirus and join the team: if Michael makes his Iratus bugs feed on Wraith and starts wiping them out (like Anubis wanted to wipe out the System Lords and Ba'al was forced to ally with the Tauri).

Todd would be forced to escape his fate and run to the human camp.
                            I don't see Todd turning human, I see Todd more along the lines of developing a new food source AND THEN joining with the humans.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                              I don't see Todd turning human, I see Todd more along the lines of developing a new food source AND THEN joining with the humans.

Turning Todd human would ruin the character. I love how Todd is 'friendly' with the humans, but I believe he needs to keep some mystery - let him be a bit of a loner, choosing to go off on his own from time to time, never revealing what he does in his absence. We as the viewer, and the SG folks, can all assume that he's off feeding somewhere...but it's best to let him do that without questioning who his last meal was. This way, Todd remains a life-threatening WRAITH, and not a watered-down version of his former self. I said (somewhere here) before - nothing was as sweet as Todd growling his anger over not being allowed ALL of Sheppard's years in Common Ground. The writers need to remind us all that Todd is still THAT same character...one with a hunger burning inside, one who JUST might take your life to save his own. Take away his need to feed on humans, you take away the dangerous edge that makes the character so interesting.

das
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                That gives me an idea. Would todd willingly take the retro virus?
                                HECK no! Would you want to be less than what you are?

Comment

Working...
                                X