What happened with Todd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
    I was impressed that they used a name from gateworld and brought that into canon.
    People started calling him Todd because it was said in JM's blog that's what he'd be called eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      That gives me an idea. Would todd willingly take the retro virus?
      It's unlikely that Todd would take the retro virus willingly. I can imagine that the only way Todd and the other wraiths would consider transforming into human is only if the retro virus can be re-formulated to allow them to keep their memories.

Comment

they let him live. they'll need him soon. todd vs mike!

Comment

I hope he survives. He is a clever enemy. I like his personality. He stole ZPMs I expected Shepard to steal at least one ZPM from the replicators because:

1. If they succeed the only source of new ZPMs in the galaxy will be gone eventually they will deplete their ZPMs

2. If they fail they would need as many ZPMs to defend themselves from the replicator reprisals.

They could have done it easily. Beam marine squads to ZPM locations they didn't need tag the ZPMs and beam them out or have Ronnon and a few marines take ZPM from the place they took the last one in adrift. The replicator should have replenish it.

He is a threat but he doesn't have a shipor warriors to be an immediate threat unless he gives the Wraith the location of Atlantis if he had it.
          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

I'm sure he'll be back, he gives the wraith some nice personality. I think he's smart enough to realise the worth of being on Atlantis' good side and not double-crossing them like the other wraith have.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
              I'm sure he'll be back, he gives the wraith some nice personality. I think he's smart enough to realise the worth of being on Atlantis' good side and not double-crossing them like the other wraith have.
              I really hope you are right about his being back. I'd love to see Todd pop up from time to time. He is the first Wraith in SGA's 4 seasons that I've really liked.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                I really hope you are right about his being back. I'd love to see Todd pop up from time to time. He is the first Wraith in SGA's 4 seasons that I've really liked.

I agree. He's the reason I'm watching the show, actually. I mean, I watched the first two seasons only once in a while. My husband is a fan, but I really wasn't...though I liked Ronon well enough. *wriggles eyebrows* Because of Ronon, the first episode I REALLY watched - without multitasking during it - was Sateda. Well...that one was interesting...and so, a short time later, I decided to watch Common Ground. Well, the scary, one-dimensional Wraith from Sateda suddenly became an interesting, three-dimensional individual...not just some drone from a hive. I don't know if I saw Common Ground when it first came out, or in a repeat (I think it was a repeat, or Tivo'd) - but it's the only reason I started watching regular when Season 4 started. Why? Well, because the Wraith suddenly had some meat to them...they had been fleshed out through Todd.

Even in this last episode - I liked how the commander didn't want to sacrifice Todd to the Queen. Todd has allowed us to now see the humanity in other Wraith - to know they do have a conscience of some sort...that they have a sense of right, and wrong. To an extent I suppose Michael did that, too...until he was like...triple-crossed by the humans...but Todd is helping us to see that this humanity is present in Wraith in general, and not just a select one or two.

I think of how - in Common Ground - the Wraith we now call Todd hesitated before feeding on Sheppard for the second time. He really didn't know Sheppard yet...but still...he hesitated. Hee...maybe it's something like what a person might feel when they have to slaughter that pig, or steer, they raised from a baby. They know they've got to eat, but that doesn't mean there's not some sort of misgiving over what must be done for survival.

das
                sigpic

Comment

When looking at something like this with a TV show, we have to think about what killing Todd brings to the show and what letting him escape brings to the show. Letting him live, given what he knows about Atlantis and so on, gives us more potential for a story arc involving Todd in the future. Frankly, having to team up with Todd has been a big part of what has made this season very interesting so far. That he got away leads to me believe that he will be back again sometime.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Well, isn't he supposed to be in the season finale? Or am I just crazy? I think I read somewhere about Todd being in the finale.

Comment

I feel like Todd has the potential to be the Bra'tec of SGA, but with an edge since he is a life sucking space vampire and a member of our greatest PG enemy. What I mean is that he could be like a recurring character that shows up and helps us out from time to time but unlike Bra'tec or Jacob/Selmak we can never really trust him.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by elbo View Post
                        After the chacacters reactions, i belive that the 'escaping' story was a lie. They either deliberately let him escape or kill him.

The only logical decision is to have killed him. Let's not forget that steeling the ZPMs to create his own army was his ideea and he has also extensive knowlege about Atlantis and even Earth.
                        I think I liked "Todd's" plan a lot more than Michael's... I dread the return of Michael, yet I'd love to see Todd again. Maybe we can create a new retrovirus that turns him human yet keeps his consciousness, so he is the same cool dude yet doesn't need to feed on people. After all, Condemned showed that at least some wraith enjoy eating even if it doesn't sustain them.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                          Well, isn't he supposed to be in the season finale? Or am I just crazy? I think I read somewhere about Todd being in the finale.
                          I don't know about Todd, but I know his knife will be in the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
                            Maybe we can create a new retrovirus that turns him human yet keeps his consciousness, so he is the same cool dude yet doesn't need to feed on people.
                            Hmmm...that could be a bit of a problem if Halling shows up again...

Comment

I really like Todd despite the fact he's a Wraith. They better not have some funny ideas and get him killed. Or else I'll boycott SGA. I don't really mind Weir being off the cast and although I was disappointed with Carson Beckett's death, I somehow have this strange feeling about liking Todd whole lot.

He's probably the best Wraith ever!!

Comment

if they killed todd they would be no better then the wraith except there just killing him the wraith kill for life.

Comment

Working...
                                X