This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
    Hmm, how do we know that the Queen in Submersion wasn't that Queen? Could explain why they weren't too keen in rescuing her.
    That is possible, didn't consider that at all.

Comment

I find it rather amazing that a seriously "injured" ship managed to get away from the other hive ship and crash into the facility. Didn't the other hive ship see what they were doing and try to blow it up before entry into the atmosphere. Teyla controlled the descent enough to stop it from burning up in the atmosphere?

I don't buy it. Not from that far from the facility.

And what was the other hive ship doing? Surely they must have seen the power activity between the damaged hive ship and an emptry area of space.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

she was at the bottom of the ocean, how would they have found her and if they did how owuld they get her out?
        BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
          One species, the little fire ant and only the Queen and male ants, the sterile workers are produced through sexual reproduction.
          thanks... interesting...

That's a bit wacky. I wonder if the writers... think of the wraith like these fire ants.

Comment

It was okay. I'm happy to see more Teyla, but overall I thought the ep dragged. Lots of things were predictable too:

-The team going by themselves to check out the wraith base, only to easily be subdued (come on guys, no backup?).

-Teyla persuading Shep to let her go on a mission...only to predictably have something dangerous happen to her baby.

-the destruction of the hive ship.

-Todd managing to sneak away in the end.

I called all those things while watching, so it was boring when they ended up happening.

Also, was that the mega-hyped gruesome wraith birth scene? Because seriously, not gross at all.

Comment

I am loving the Ronon-Rodney dynamic! They are a hoot to watch. I hope we get to see more scenes with those two together in the future instead of it always being Ronon-Shep or Shep-McKay. Ronon grabbing Rodney out of the locker room was hysterical, as was the whole "I didn't touch anything!" and then "Well, maybe a little......"
              Ronon offering himself up to the Queen as the best person to eat first was also great----as was Shep's look of absolute fear that she was going to kill Rodney. He also appeared to go after the Queen when she was about to feed on McKay? Very tense indeed.

I agree with McKay, the 'birth' of the noodle-faced wraith was disturbing and would definitely cause nightmares. Shudder.

Lorne! That is all.

Best line goes to Rodney:
              Shep: "Didn't you get lost in a garden maze once?"
              Rodney: "Awww c'mon! I was ten! Besides, I was running from a bee!"

Wilson3Girl

Comment

Yeah, the birthing scene reminded me bit too much of the Uruk-hai in LOTR.

But i thought the episode as a whole was a change of pace after last weeks jam-packed mid-season return. It told fans that while every episode cannot have tons of supendous special effects, they can still contain some nice character development. I liked how they used Teyla in a way where she could still help the team, while still being realistic.

On the one hand, I can understand everyone disappointment at the loss of yet another ship, and the best thing for the writer's to do would be to let one of the characters make a joke out of it, because it is almost turning into a running gag. But then, at the same time you know if they ever were to get a ship, they would kind of lose their position as the underdog. I mean, to have Wraith tech and Ancient tech at their disposal would give them a leg up, I think. One of the best things about the show is how they have to rely more on ingenuity and pure cussedness to win even the smallest victory.

When they discovered Todd was onboard, I was half afraid they would end up down a garbage shoot.
                If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

We learned a little bit about the Ancient VS Wraith war. Good episode.

Comment

Not as good as last week's ep but still good. I loved the teaser; I was wondering what Todd was going to do.

Finally we get to see under the masks of the soldier Wraith. Very creepy!!!

Loved the Lorne/Teyla scenes. Lorne is one of my favorite.

Good ep; now I see why Atlantis got the People Choice Award.
                    Keep up the good work.
                    "Basically, what I'm saying is that I am colossally flawed, so if you don't like my opinions, exercise your freedoms and disagree. Or, quite frankly, don't read any further, as that is also your right." (Micheal Shanks' TV Guide Blog, May 17, 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                      And the Wraith have cloning technology. Interesting. Why can't they clone their own food?
                      Most likely they need ZPM's to power even the smallest usage of the cloning facility and im guessing not all wraith even knew about it.
                      Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                      Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
                        Seeing Teyla control a queen was all very interesting. I don't like how it puts the baby at risk though.Oh and it's a boy! Lorne and Teyla's little chat was obviously filler, but thier conversation was still kinda cute.
                        It probabily has something to do with the mind of the baby being linked in some way to the mothers mind, so when she took over the queen, it had a chance to get back at not only teyla's mind but that of her son.
                        I also liked it that the kids mind augumented her abilities with not only the hive but taking over the queen.

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
                        John and Teyla's scene, very touching. Nice climactic ending crashing the hive into the cloning facility but once again, no ZPMs..
                        True, it would have been nice to have gotten at least one of those ZPMs.. But i wonder if the hive crashing was enough to destroy all the facility, not just the top part.

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                        And the Wraith have cloning technology. Interesting. Why can't they clone their own food?
                        Perhaps it has something to do with souls... A clone is created, and cannot have its own soul especially when mass produced (MY opinion), and therefore to the wraith would probably be a mere snack, if they could be fed upon. Where as a fully thinking/feeling human with their own soul is more nourishing..

Originally posted by edain View Post
                        And for all you people whining about the way Sheppard treated Teyla in the last episode, his actions were justified.
                        And to have Teyla herself agree with John's ascertation of her condition was great. I feel his final talk with her on the balcony showed full well she has forgiven her for their little argument last ep.

Originally posted by edain View Post
                        I loved the scene in the lockerroom when Ronin grabbed Rodney. And speaking of Rodney, he has the best line of the entire show:

"What? Oh come on! I never get picked first for anything until now!"
                        I might give the best line to Todd "You came all this way for me"..
                        Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        What a cool episode! A great ending to the 3-part mid-season story! The Wraith stealing ZPM's! Apparently, the Wraith stole ZPM's in the past as well, does that mean the Ancients DID have ZPM-powered warships?
                        From how Todd explained it, yes they did. But i wonder if they were all powered or just a select few..??

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        Nice to see how the Wraith reproduce, as disgusting as it was, that was most disgusting thing (I mean in a good way ) I've ever seen in Stargate, yet interesting. I am glad that we finally got Todd named as such onscreen and that he was OK.

Vala,
                        It was funny when they were naming him.. I wonder what Mccay's name would have been though..

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        [B][CENTER]Not only did we learn about how the Wraith reproduce, but we also learn how the Wraith had superior numbers. I am shocked that a good portion of the Wraith are actually clones
                        I am not surprised in the least. All those faceless ones have looked the same from the get go, so to me it was not surprising to find out they were cloned.

I wonder if Teyla was able to control the Hive ship because of her unborn child.?* It was stated that she was able to control the queen easier before because there were two minds. Isn't reasonable to assume that the ship was easier to control because of?*
                        That is a good question. WE have always up to now, seen more wraith on the bridges, controlling the ships, so maybe the more minds linked, the better it runs..

I am curious by destroying the Wraith facuility, how much damage have we done to the Wraith themselves. Do you (my fellow posters) think this the Wraith weakness that the Aurora found out about in S2.?
                        Doubt it, as the Aurora went wayy out there in the boonies so to speak.

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                        Really enjoyed this episode, explained how Wraiths are made. Now I am curious to see how the scientists, or non-drones, come from. Should be interesting to find out. Great to see that they are back against the wraith now.
                        Perhaps they are made the normal way, and only the drones are created via cloning.

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        and the whumper in me was squeeing when the Queen brought Shep to his knees and then threatend to lunch on Rodney..
                        It was funny hearing the queen say she has never felt such resistance, and john saying he has had a lot of practice..
                        Makes me wonder if the more it happens the more 'tolerance they build up to it'..

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                        * I'm fascinated that Rodney is so much more willing to help/trust the Wraith than Sheppard
                        Probabily cause he still has thanks for todd saving his sister..
                        Either that or the long time they worked together he built up a respect for Todds capabilities.

* nice concept of showing the conversation between Teyla and the Wraith queen
                        it was. I have always liked them in the minds of others, and it had a harkening back to when Fifth was in carter;s mind/niam was in wiers mind..

* Teyla's plea to John for help through the queen.
                        You could almost feel the anguish on Teyla's face when she said that..

* great response from Teyla in the last scene. Thankfully she got some sense knocked into her before it was too late.
                        One can hope... But i wonder if John's thought of her wanting to be on the team was just her desire to find the rest of the Athosians or was from something else..

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                        Perhaps it's possible that normally they do grow much slower but this special facility was designed to rapidly grow them. Maybe the Wraith normally grow slowly on a hive while the hibernate in between feedings.
                        That might explain why hives have all those rooms and what look like hatcheries.. (where they hibernate..)

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                        The Bad:

Carter does nothing, again..
                        Unless she had to pop to earth for a debriefing.. Also where was Ellis and Cadwell?? Where were their 2 ships>?

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                        Perhaps the facility though was a way for the Wraith to do it on a wide scale with enough power that the ZPM's provided. But how do the wraith determine which queen provides the genetic material? Or did each queen get a turn the chair as long as the power lasted? The wraith are separated by hive, so it is hard to think that the other hives would willing give one hive the ability to created thousands of warrior drones that would give them an advantage over food sources.
                        Perhaps each hive has their own version of that facility, OR my prefered thought is each hive gets a vote on who will be the birthing queen and she relinquishes control over to someone else for the duration of her stay there.

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                        So it is proven once again that no one, not even a Wraith Queen, can escape the charm of Col. John Sheppard.
                        It's that Badboy image they like!

Originally posted by suse View Post
                        I find it rather amazing that a seriously "injured" ship managed to get away from the other hive ship and crash into the facility. Didn't the other hive ship see what they were doing and try to blow it up before entry into the atmosphere. Teyla controlled the descent enough to stop it from burning up in the atmosphere?
                        Perhaps as soon as the hive started on it's ramming course the other hive stopped firing so as to not put the facility in danger of friendly fire..

On my notes.. did it look to anyone else like that one wraith (the one who served the queen/betrayed todd) was the same one who fed on Larrin and was bluffed by shepard in travelers??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Unless she had to pop to earth for a debriefing.. Also where was Ellis and Cadwell?? Where were their 2 ships>?
                          Perhaps they're doing repairs since the battle around the Asuran homeworld and in no condition to go out there
                          Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                          Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Well, after BAMSR, I don't think any episode airing after can do better!
                            This episode was less bouncy than last week's.
                            Nice action, Teyla expressing her emotions and John looking out of his element at the end. I grade this episode with a 8,5/10

I was looking forward to the not very appetizing sequence of a wraith birth.
                            I think they could have make the wraith birth a little more disgusting. It looked rather artificial/plastic to me.

I loved the queen that was wired to the chair (reminded of a manga, Ghost in the Shell I think). Her main wraith guard looked like he has a very severe case of bad wig though. (that was the worst wig ever!)

Of course the Wraith queen seems to have taken a liking to John (not again please!! Will it ever stop?) Loved Rodney's reaction about becoming wraith food... but Teyla stops the Queen mentally! Rodney now owes Teyla a big slice of chocolate cake!!

I also loved John going kamikaze and throwing the hive ship into the planet.

Nice scene at the end where Teyla says to John her priorities have changed. She came very close to losing her child. She hugs John for saving her life. John is once again not very good at this, and looks as uncomfortable as a wraith eating vegetables. Perfect!

Another nice scene was Teyla/ Lorne scene where Lorne told her she would make a good mother. (Lorne was so sweet it shouldn't be allowed!*drools*)

Finally, I think it was cute how Rodney trusted Todd to come back rescue them! Rodney found a new friend!! I'm glad he is not discriminating against the color of skin and different race.(I sound like a anti-racism militant!). Oh and Todd has been officialy named by John!!

What I didn't like: -Teyla/Rachel's acting when she was controlling the wraith queen. I think it was due to the way it was filmed or written but I didn't like how the mental possession was displayed.

Comment

IMO best episode of the entire series!!

It had Wraith Lots of Wraith, shooting space battles boarding of enemy ships, new info on the evil enemy. It was just great. I thought it was funny how Rodeny complained of never being picked first.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Doubt it, as the Aurora went wayy out there in the boonies so to speak.?*
                                We don't really know where the Aurora aftter they found out the Wraith's weakness. Is it really out of the realm of possibility. If the Ancients had been able to destroy the Wraith facuility, it would had seriously crippled the Wraith's presence in the war.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X